• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluemage21

I haven't seen anyone mention this, but what about the possibility that more Pokemon will be added to the Pokedex via DLC? I mean, I think I recall Matsuda or someone else mention how they were going to implement DLC into the game in someway. I think they could do this in an effective manner that will keep players interested in the game longer instead of giving us all the Pokemon at once like always.

Actually, he apparently said there will be NO DLC, besides the normal oneswe get every gen.

Gabry00023

Actually, he apparently said there will be NO DLC, besides the normal oneswe get every gen.

Can someone explain me if DLC is involved with Wi-Fi? And does the Wi-Fi function work in the 3DS the same way it did in the DS? Because I can't find a USB connector anywhere besides those "selling and buying websites" but I'm kind of afraid on doing business like that.

Hasty

Moonside
Except that Lapras is actually gen 1...

Yes, but Hasty Jynx was referring to the fact that the Surf sprite for the Gen II games is in the shape of a Lapras, whereas the Surf sprite for the Gen I games resembles that one pink Digimon (Poromon, I think). Giving Lapras a unique Surf model in XY would be a nod to Gen II, not Gen I.

That's what I meant, thanks Endolise. :)
Is this now the Surf animation (I hope not) or a special feature when you use Surf with Lapras?

So I was at my Gamestop today and I pre-booked X version. There was a guy ahead of me booking it too and he asked when the shop is getting the game in store. The clerk said Friday and the guy basically begged him to give him the game on Friday as he already pre-paid for it. The clerk was a stoner basically and was like "Yeah dude, sure, right on!" and the guy was so excited as he thought he was getting it early. Until some fat man came from the store room (the manager) and said nobody can be sold the game until Saturday. You could see the guy being crushed in that split second. It was pretty funny. He even asked if it was okay if he bought 3 copies for his friends for Friday and he really thought he was getting lucky lol I guess you had to be there ^^

Funny story. xD

Ver-mont

I haven't seen anyone mention this, but what about the possibility that more Pokemon will be added to the Pokedex via DLC? I mean, I think I recall Matsuda or someone else mention how they were going to implement DLC into the game in someway. I think they could do this in an effective manner that will keep players interested in the game longer instead of giving us all the Pokemon at once like always.

He said no DLC.

Bluemage21

Can someone explain me if DLC is involved with Wi-Fi? And does the Wi-Fi function work in the 3DS the same way it did in the DS? Because I can't find a USB connector anywhere besides those "selling and buying websites" but I'm kind of afraid on doing business like that.

Yes and yes to your two questions.

mykalriley

@pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
I've called every store within an hour radius of me and no shoddy little stores are selling them yet lol

EDIT: I cant help but wonder from time to time what Joe's real job is, if he has one, or if being the dude of serebii, that IS his job..

Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Pretty much this. His comments are here.

And for further proof, check this and this.

Of course, this doesn't necessarily mean that we won't be forced to buy Mega Stones by PokéMiles or many of the previous practices won't return, but we won't have anything that big. A new generation would be much more profitable either way.

Kodama

That's what I meant, thanks Endolise. :)
Is this now the Surf animation (I hope not) or a special feature when you use Surf with Lapras?

Funny story. xD

Oh I see, and I really hope that every poke that learns surf gets it's own sprite, it wouldn't make sense now in 3d to see some shadow below you....

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Oh I see, and I really hope that every poke that learns surf gets it's own sprite, it wouldn't make sense now in 3d to see some shadow below you....

We already know that the Surf model is generic, barring potential exceptions such as Lapras.

-Nator-

GameStop and Amazon might be sued, as well as the shipping companies, if they're delivering games prematurely. I guess that's their problem, though.

Klay

Titan Tamer
Somebody know if EB Games ( Canada, Montreal ) will sell the game early?

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
He said no DLC to make gameplay changes and what not. We'll still get the usual DLC (event legends etc.) like we always do.

New Pokémon make gameplay changes, in case you don't know. People should just give up on this idea of Game Freak adding new Pokémon by DLC, because: 1.) Creating fewer Pokémon was quite obvious Game Freak's objective, when you realize that the concept of Mega Evolutions was introduced in the series to fill the "gap" less new Pokémon would left. 2.) There are just too many Pokémon as of Gen VI. 700+ is an absurd number, so I would advise people to NOT hope for new Pokémon being introduced in Gen VI and also, don't even expect 100+ Pokémon being introduced in Generation VII either. Hope for 70~80 again and a lot of new Mega Evolutions and you will not be disappointed. 3.) Masuda said there would be no DLC for Pokémon games. End of story. We will still get events and stuff like that (which are likely already inside cartridge), but getting new Pokémon by DLC? It is not happening. Lastly, seriously, why the hell people want MORE than 70 new Pokémon? Again, we have 700+ already. 700+. That is a huge number. If you are really a fan of the series, you should hope for Game Freak never do the same **** they did in Gen V, introducing an absurd and unnecessary amount of Pokémon, with a lot of them being useless/ugly/fillers.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
The thing about DLC is ... why release a downloadable patch for a few bucks when they can make a full-retail game with minimal changes and charge full price and people will buy it?

They know we will. We always do.

GameStop and Amazon might be sued, as well as the shipping companies, if they're delivering games prematurely. I guess that's their problem, though.

Getting the shipment about a week early is normal in Retail. I figure most stores will have their shipment by Thursday if they intend to sell on Saturday.

Selling early is a breach of their contract with Nintendo which'll result in a fine if they're caught, but it's unlikely every retailer will be caught.

LordSerperior

New Pokémon make gameplay changes, in case you don't know. People should just give up on this idea of Game Freak adding new Pokémon by DLC, because: 1.) Creating fewer Pokémon was quite obvious Game Freak's objective, when you realize that the concept of Mega Evolutions was introduced in the series to fill the "gap" less new Pokémon would left. 2.) There are just too many Pokémon as of Gen VI. 700+ is an absurd number, so I would advise people to NOT hope for new Pokémon being introduced in Gen VI and also, don't even expect 100+ Pokémon being introduced in Generation VII either. Hope for 70~80 again and a lot of new Mega Evolutions and you will not be disappointed. 3.) Masuda said there would be no DLC for Pokémon games. End of story. We will still get events and stuff like that (which are likely already inside cartridge), but getting new Pokémon by DLC? It is not happening. Lastly, seriously, why the hell people want MORE than 70 new Pokémon? Again, we have 700+ already. 700+. That is a huge number. If you are really a fan of the series, you should hope for Game Freak never do the same **** they did in Gen V, introducing an absurd and unnecessary amount of Pokémon, with a lot of them being useless/ugly/fillers.
Gen 5 pokemon being ugly is solely your opinion, I loved most of gen 5 pokemon and for me they were better than gen 1 and 4. That said, I don't have a problem with 69 new pokemon

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
We already know that the Surf model is generic, barring potential exceptions such as Lapras.

Still don't understand why it'd be too difficult to implement all of the possible surfers overworld sprites into the Surf movement. Aggron would be weird, but not Stoutland and the rest of the Surfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.