• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuzamaki90

Don't Eeveelutions' names always have something to do with their type?

Umbra - Shadows/Ghosts - Dark
Esp - ESP/Psychics - Psychic
Jolteon - Electricity - Electric
Flareon - Fire - Fire
Vaporeon - Vapor = Water/Liquid - Water
Leafeon - Leaf/Plant - Grass
Glaceon - Glaciers/Ice - Ice

So if this little guy is named Sylveon, what does that have to do with Normal or Flying?!! Need some name origin info like gnow.

Gonna stick with the whole new type thing and Sylveon is the Pokemon to showcase it like Steelix was to Steel and Umbreon was to Dark.

Plus, if Unova really was the reset (Or Kanto redone), and Gen 6 is basically the Johto to Gen 5, this might mean we will get 2 new types, and Sylveon could be one of the Pokemon to showcase it.

Professor Squirtle

Professor of Rain
Well, to be fair, we do have the advantage of hindsight. Espeon and Umbreon aren't exactly obvious themselves, and Glaceon could be ambiguous to some.
"To be fair"... what does that even imply? Anyway, Espeon is purple with an arguably mystical and strange appearance. If we're going by the name relation to type background as well, if its appearance isn't a dead giveaway then some genius out there would eventually put ESP (Extrasensory Perception/Espers[People with telepathic abilities])together with "Psychic". As for Umbreon, perhaps it was a tiny bit confusing for some. If they didn't reveal that it was a new type, then it would be endlessly confusing. However, similar to Espeon, if you don't get the aura of its inherent darkness by its appearance alone, the prefix of "Umbr" (Umbra) would not take forever to unfold. And Glaceon looks icy to me, and again, the prefix denotes it undeniably. This Pokemon is resilient to any true revelation, and remains still under speculation because of its ambiguity, and/or its potentially poor representation in comparison with all of the other Eeveelutions and their very noticeable physiological to element relation.

By the way folks, it's not Dragon.

Last edited:

Blazios

Am I the only one that was immediately reminded of Double-Edge when seeing that first attack?

At least, more so than any existing Fire attack.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Since I haven't been here in a couple weeks, I'm ignoring all previous posts ;D.
But I've narrowed my speculation of Sylveon to 3 types:
1. Bug-type.
It's name is Sylveon, like Silver. Silver is implied for the Bug-type in these games, with things like SilverPowder and Silver Wind.
2. Fighting-type.
Simply because the first move it used kinda seemed like Focus Blast. Then again, though, a LOT of Pokemon can learn it.
3. Flying-type.
This to me seems the most reasonable. Though it doesn't have wings, I would imagine that the ribbons around its head would be like flags or something that's shown off in the wind, or just wind-control in general.

The first move was physical not special.Sylveon got enveloped into light and then charged at the opponent wich was Haryiama.Look more closely.

adamfitz

poké-lover
For those wanting light type,
I'm not thinking it going to happen at all

But on your count
Maybe sylveon is the only eeveelution this gen to promote the new type?

----- any who

Does anybody know when the short and film will be available in English?
I know the Japanese release date.
But will they release simultaneously?

ArcananShadow

Poke Wanderer
I picked Fire Blast because I didn't know that and I was just looking for clumps-of-flamey type moves. It's likely not Fire Blast, then, but it could easily be a new Fire-type move. I'm convinced that it's Fire-type; Fighting-type moves don't create rings of flame upon contact.

No I agree. It looks to me to be very fire type like, with flame like spurts fuming off of it. I don't believe it to be focus blast since it's animation is comprised of circles in a sphere in the main games, weird purple in battle rev, and blue in the anime. In all cases it shares a semi-transparent outer circle on the sphere, which the attack in the trailer lacks.

Professor Squirtle

Professor of Rain
No I agree. It looks to me to be very fire type like, with flame like spurts fuming off of it. I don't believe it to be focus blast since it's animation is comprised of circles in a sphere in the main games, weird purple in battle rev, and blue in the anime. In all cases it shares a semi-transparent outer circle on the sphere, which the attack in the trailer lacks.
And I'm pretty positive it's not a fire-type move so.. back to square one.

adamfitz

poké-lover
The first move was physical not special.Sylveon got enveloped into light and then charged at the opponent wich was Haryiama.Look more closely.

I thought it was done like shadow ball,
We actually dont know
We don't see ninfia in the screen after the attack is going toward

stevencloser

"To be fair"... what does that even imply? Anyway, Espeon is purple with an arguably mystical and strange appearance. If we're going by the name relation to type background as well, if its appearance isn't a dead giveaway then some genius out there would eventually put ESP (Extrasensory Perception/Espers[People with telepathic abilities])together with "Psychic". As for Umbreon, perhaps it was a tiny bit confusing for some. If they didn't reveal that it was a new type, then it would be endlessly confusing. However, similar to Espeon, if you don't get the aura of its inherent darkness by its appearance alone, the prefix of "Umbr" (Umbra) would not take forever to unfold. And Glaceon looks icy to me, and again, the prefix denotes it undeniably. This Pokemon is resilient to any true revelation, and remains still under speculation because of its ambiguity, and/or its potentially poor representation in comparison with all of the other Eeveelutions and their very noticeable physiological to element relation.

By the way folks, it's not Dragon.

When DID they announce there was going to be 2 new types back then, does anybody know?

GravityStorm

Got it memorized?
Don't Eeveelutions' names always have something to do with their type?

Umbra - Shadows/Ghosts - Dark
Esp - ESP/Psychics - Psychic
Jolteon - Electricity - Electric
Flareon - Fire - Fire
Vaporeon - Vapor = Water/Liquid - Water
Leafeon - Leaf/Plant - Grass
Glaceon - Glaciers/Ice - Ice

So if this little guy is named Sylveon, what does that have to do with Normal or Flying?!! Need some name origin info like gnow.
The word "silva" refers to a region's forests or trees or a book on the topic of the forests and trees of a region (from the Encarta Dictionary of Microsoft Word). I could see that as flying, many birds do nest in trees.

Last edited:

Wadeledge

Till all are One
I think the moves it used are:
-Superpower
-Trump Card
-Aura Sphere
-Swift

Yeah, I'm rooting for fighting type.

Actually we can't be sure Sylveon is IN that ball of energy, the way the camera moves you don't actually SEE if its still standing there or not, inconclusive evidence. I think it looks like it charge the attack (I think it might be Weatherball in the sun) and launches it at Hariyama.

EDIT: Upon further inspection you're right, Sylveon DOES disappear...hmmmm Giga Impact?

Last edited:

adamfitz

poké-lover
Last edited:

mtie123

Johto's Hero
Couldn't find anything about it in serebii archive. Though i did find out Skarmory original name was Wooper (Fun fact for y'all and massively off topic)

ArcananShadow

Poke Wanderer
And I'm pretty positive it's not a fire-type move so.. back to square one.

You know on closer inspection, I wouldn't say Brave Bird is to unrealistic. The games version feature flame-like spurts. The attack features the pokemon inside the attack charging at the opponent, as another person said Slyveon appears to disappear into the attack, but this could simply be angle. When a Staraptor used it in the anime it was cloaked in flames during the first part of the attack.

Cyclone

^ where it all began
I'll bet you ANYTHING Sylveon is a light type and based on the word SYLVAN which according to Wikipedia:

"In mythology, the term also refers to deities or spirits of the woods" (wikipedia)

I bet the new Light type will have angelic, ethereal qualities, which explains its appearance, and also fits along with Xerneas, who may be Light also

Status
Not open for further replies.