• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScarredOx

But eeveelutions are never dual-typed. Tornadus says hi too...
Tornadus is probably an exception because it's a legendary? Since all the non-legendary flying types aren't ever single types, and eevee could perhaps get an eeveelution of each type one day, I don't see what's so wrong with speculating it's a normal/flying type. It's not hard to imagine a flying type eevee being the only exception to the no dual type rule. It's not like I'm going to think my theory is fact, it's just speculation.

All I'm saying is, no one here knows what will happen. So why say it will or it won't happen? I'm not one to say I want a new type, because I'm perfectly okay with the 17 that are present. Gamefreak can introduce as many types as they want to, so it's possible.

Kelz

More saving. More doing.™
hey guess what else
it won't happen so suck it up

It's funny because what you say doesn't matter whatsoever. Personally I'm hoping Game Freak doesn't add any new types—nor do I think they will—but for you to say it won't happen is completely moronic. Game Freak can do whatever they want. If they want a new type, there's gonna be a new type (as long as they don't see it as being problematic).

BunniBear4

Pokémon Trainer
The point being, every time a light type discussion comes up, it derails the conversation into nothing more than a petty squabble. Can we try to talk about Sylveon and what the region's dex might hold, and not get bogged down in this tired topic once again? Because seriously, there are pages and pages of light type spam in this thread alone, let alone the others in the XY forum.

More on this one than any other though, especially since Sylveon has been first leaked from CoroCoro. I doubt it will stop until we're told that it's not light or some other type in March so really, I say we only have one more left of it. I know I'll stop talking about it then, because Sylveon is my only reason to think there will be a new one at the moment.

Arruby

Hoenn fan
Why are people being so nasty to one another over the new type thing? It may happen. It may not. I personally don't think it will, but hey, you never know. Light type could be pretty cool.

Out of curiosity, for those of you thinking about the new type, how would it fit into the current system? It seems like they would have to make a lot of the new type for it to fit in.

I'm feeling flying for Ninfia (it'll take me a while to get used to this Sylveon thing) after seeing the video. Look at the way those ribbons wave while she fights.

Not exactly proof, and I still think that she LOOKS more normal-type, but flying seems most likely.

And if she's flying and they follow the tradition of introducing two new eeveelutions, the other one would likely be the opposite. Ground?

GatedSunOne

Like A Rockefeller
Get over yourself. The speculation will never stop until we get it or at least some new type. They can make a new type whenever they want. :p

PWNED.

Seriously though, I know I say this a lot, but folks are free to think as they will-- whether its been brought up millions of times or not: the ''new type'' concept is new to some people more than others, so its going to trickle down all these threads 'til GF reveals there won't be. That's why I agree with your post so much, and why I don't hate on guys who want it or not.

I don't personally buy it, but that doesn't mean I'm going to go trolling over those that genuinely want it. To each his own, I say...especially since I still think Sylveon's going to end up Dragon (looks at Altaria).

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I like how the thread is gently drifting of the general subject...
I wonder why we get a new Eeveelution before like the regional bird or the "normal type rat"... It's not like we've get Glaceon and Leafeon before everything else, doesn't it ?

Atlanta-hammy

No, he's not. But to be fair, when Gen IV and Gen V were announced, there were people speculating about a light type (probably gen III as well, but I don't really recall). Anyway, the point remains that over the past two releases, there have been arguments made over and over again with many valid points about why a light type is not likely to come about. Now, if GF does introduce a light type, I'll eat my words, but as I said, it doesn't seem likely for reasons that you shouldn't have to look to hard around this forum to find. Even if I posted them, people would just handwave them a few posts later.

The point being, every time a light type discussion comes up, it derails the conversation into nothing more than a petty squabble. Can we try to talk about Sylveon and what the region's dex might hold, and not get bogged down in this tired topic once again? Because seriously, there are pages and pages of light type spam in this thread alone, let alone the others in the XY forum.

Thank you, the light type hype is starting to get stupid, and i am very tried of it coming up as well, I really hate when new Pokemon come about thanks to it. It's not like we cannot have a discussion about a possible new pokemon without another moronic "IT'S A LIGHT TWYP!!11!1!11one!!!1!1" shout drowning out everyone else voices.

Besides, why is everyone so obsessed with forcing a religious type into pokemon? Last I checked fighting was basically "Lite" since Dark is a Evil type and Fighting is a Hero type.

Anyway, I am hopping to see what the Ice type will be here. I'mhoppingforittobeahusky

stevencloser

I like how the thread is gently drifting of the general subject...
I wonder why we get a new Eeveelution before like the regional bird or the "normal type rat"... It's not like we've get Glaceon and Leafeon before everything else, doesn't it ?

Because it's in the movie short mostly. And for people to speculate about the light type again.

Abysmal Zero

Burninating
I know there's been a bit of talk about the gif a little bit back, and the speculation that the move is either Brave Bird, Sky Attack, Focus Punch, etc. but...
What if it's just Hidden Power? It seems to me they picked attacks that all the Eeveelutions can learn to showcase Sylveon. Trump Card, Swift, Hidden Power...all moves that can't be used to ascertain its typing.

As for the other picture that's been posted, of Eevee with the Eeveelutions all in a circle around it, there's something about them being super-effective against eachother, but then they're also tiered like this: First row--Wave one of Eeveelutions, in numerical order of Vaporeon, Jolteon, and Flareon; Second Row--Wave two, numerical order of Espeon and Umbreon; Third Row--Wave three, Glaceon and Leafeon; and Sylveon offset at the bottom.
I think this is more likely the case than the speculation of "this one next to this one is strong against it, so Sylveon must be arranged the same way!"

I'm not saying anything for or against Flying/Light/Whatever, I'm just saying that what we have now doesn't present us with any particular new evidence.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
So what types of Pokemon do you guys think are going to be in the regional dex?

Hopefully a Peacock, a Dolphin, a Roach pokemon(seriously how can we not have one by now?)

If you mean of pokemon we already have then I want Zoroark line, Lucario Line, Macargo line(Escargo :p), Pikachu line, Milotic line, Garchomp Line we know were getting the Eevee line so that's at least 9 spots in Pokedex filled >_>

Firebrand

Indomitable
Tornadus is probably an exception because it's a legendary? Since all the non-legendary flying types aren't ever single types, and eevee could perhaps get an eeveelution of each type one day, I don't see what's so wrong with speculating it's a normal/flying type. It's not hard to imagine a flying type eevee being the only exception to the no dual type rule. It's not like I'm going to think my theory is fact, it's just speculation.

ahem

Well, I'm hoping for several new fire types, preferably with some new and interesting type combinations, or access to more versatile move pools.

Also, since it seems that we'll be getting evos from previous gens this time around, I'm hoping for an evo for Mawile and Sableye. I'm sure that if they had that one extra boost, they could become really interesting pokemon. And I'm hoping that because the region seems to be very European influenced, we'll get a very European dragon as the regional pseudo-legend. As scaly as Druddigon and as fearsome as Salamance. Another fire/dragon perhaps, since Reshiram is the only other one, and it's a legendary?

Unredemption

Gargoyles would fit in with the region, probably a Rock type or some dual-type of it. Maybe we'll also get a snail Pokemon in line with escargots... (I'm just being Farfetch'd here)

Perhaps a Mona Lisa too

Arruby

Hoenn fan
Thank you, the light type hype is starting to get stupid, and i am very tried of it coming up as well, I really hate when new Pokemon come about thanks to it. It's not like we cannot have a discussion about a possible new pokemon without another moronic "IT'S A LIGHT TWYP!!11!1!11one!!!1!1" shout drowning out everyone else voices.

Besides, why is everyone so obsessed with forcing a religious type into pokemon? Last I checked fighting was basically "Lite" since Dark is a Evil type and Fighting is a Hero type.

Anyway, I am hopping to see what the Ice type will be here. I'mhoppingforittobeahusky

ranting about light type is fueling the light type spam. it's only going to provoke more fighting.

ANYWAY

I'm hoping for some lovely new flying types (there was a rumor a while back about a peacock-type Pokemon. It was only a rumor and proven wrong but it did get me excited) and dragons, as well as more gender differences between Pokemon.

Ice-age esque fossil Pokemon would be great, too. <33333 Saber-tooths and mammoths (probably not w/ mamoswine though) and wooly rhinos!

And, of course, a second eeveelution.

Yveltal96

A little more human
No, he's not. But to be fair, when Gen IV and Gen V were announced, there were people speculating about a light type (probably gen III as well, but I don't really recall). Anyway, the point remains that over the past two releases, there have been arguments made over and over again with many valid points about why a light type is not likely to come about. Now, if GF does introduce a light type, I'll eat my words, but as I said, it doesn't seem likely for reasons that you shouldn't have to look to hard around this forum to find. Even if I posted them, people would just handwave them a few posts later.

thank you for that
i was too pissed off to say this

anyways that short clip of sylveon looks like either brave bird or focus blast
either wouldn't surprise me and it is hard to tell considering sylveon gets covered up before he launches the attack

Status
Not open for further replies.