• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yveltal96

A little more human
Sylveon, huh? It's name comes from "Sylvian," which means related to woods or nature in general, which suggests a grass type. But we already have Leafeon, and Sylveon looks nothing like a grass type. Honestly I think we have a normal type eevelution on our hands, ladies and gentlemen.

well if you're talking nature it just could be a bug type

We need a goat and a mule. And a cassowary. Maybe a, what were they called? There's some kind of dragon-horse in chinese mythology, I need one of them. And a pegasus. More snakes.

I also feel that the tomato and the kudzu vine are horribly underrepresented in videogames today.

Ooh, a mule would be awesome! Could be Fire/???, as a sort of homage to Ponyta. Maybe a non-starter Fire/Fighting? Just to have one in the gen. :p

GatedSunOne

Like A Rockefeller
Thank you, the light type hype is starting to get stupid, and i am very tried of it coming up as well, I really hate when new Pokemon come about thanks to it. It's not like we cannot have a discussion about a possible new pokemon without another moronic "IT'S A LIGHT TWYP!!11!1!11one!!!1!1" shout drowning out everyone else voices.

Besides, why is everyone so obsessed with forcing a religious type into pokemon? Last I checked fighting was basically "Lite" since Dark is a Evil type and Fighting is a Hero type.

Anyway, I am hopping to see what the Ice type will be here. I'mhoppingforittobeahusky

Whoa, whoa, whoa-- slow it down there, partner: Light does not automatically denote ''religious undertones'' everywhere it goes. That's something that's been worked to death in all works of fantasy and religion, sure ( Final Fantasy is guilty of this big time), but GF is completely capable of making a neutral force of nature into a Type in that isn't pious in nature, including Light itself. They've already done so countless times in Attacks such as Solarbeam and the like-- and not once have I heard anyone say ''Flash Cannon'' or ''Luster Purge'' is forcing certain beliefs on our kids. =P

...Though I'm pretty sure some want Light just because Dark is there, too... Like I stated earlier, I doubt there will be Light myself. Sorry if this was unecessarily harsh.

LizardonX

Banned
You know what else we need? A baby form for Miltank and Tauros.

We need an alternate form of Miltank that is brown and makes chocolate milk.

We also need evolutions for Heracorss and Pinsir to make them more equal with Scizor.

We need a pre evo for Lapras

We need a Ferrothorn evo.

We need Shelgon to learn shell smash.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
A saber tooth mon that's ice and something else that's a fossil (consider that Raikou is already one) is also something I've wanted since I was a little kid playing Sapphire horribly.

Rock/Ice would be a horrible typing, though, it's double weak to Fighting and Steel and weak to a lot of other stuff, too.

Moody!! <3 Haha, but that would be really nice if we had that.

I don't get it.

There's a good reason to want this, though, because it means you can get Tauros' DW ability by breeding.

We need an alternate form of Miltank that is brown and makes chocolate milk.

We also need evolutions for Heracorss and Pinsir to make them more equal with Scizor.

We need a pre evo for Lapras

We need a Ferrothorn evo.

We need Shelgon to learn shell smash.

Heracross/Pinsir evos and Lapras baby, I could get behind. The rest is just nonsense.

Yveltal96

A little more human
Rock/Ice would be a horrible typing, though, it's double weak to Fighting and Steel and weak to a lot of other stuff, too.

I don't get it.

There's a good reason to want this, though, because it means you can get Tauros' DW ability by breeding.

Heracross/Pinsir evos and Lapras baby, I could get behind. The rest is just nonsense.

that is what i am saying lol
also tauros needs egg moves!

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
I highly doubt Garchomp will be in since they never put more than 2 pseudo legends in one regional dex. And I'm thinking for this game those two will be Dragonite and a new one.

Didn't Black and White 2 regional dex have Hydreigon line, Tyranitar Line and Metagross Line?

Räven Velish

black lives matter
The gargoyle should be rock/flying. It's a mostly unique typing because only the Acrehops family and Aerodactyl have it. I'd personally use it if Sylveon isn't flying/doesn't learn fly because it seems like an awesome concept. A saber tooth mon that's ice and something else that's a fossil (consider that Raikou is already one) is also something I've wanted since I was a little kid playing Sapphire horribly.

Sabertooth and Wooly Mammoth would be awesome. I just hope they add a sloth and squirrel, so we can play as Manny, Diego, Sid, and Scrat. :p

I really want a Mole Pokemon. Diglett's familywas terrible, it doesn't even look a mole. But seriously, it could be Ground, and then evolve into a bigger, cyborg version of itself that wears safety goggles, a bowtie, and could be Ground/Steel, with many Psychic type moves, too. Also, a black and white cat that looks like its wearing a tuxedo would look neat.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
I really want a Mole Pokemon. Diglett's familywas terrible, it doesn't even look a mole. But seriously, it could be Ground, and then evolve into a bigger, cyborg version of itself that wears safety goggles, a bowtie, and could be Ground/Steel, with many Psychic type moves, too. Also, a black and white cat that looks like its wearing a tuxedo would look neat.

Well for the other mole pokemon we did have Drillbur and Excadrill

BunniBear4

Pokémon Trainer
Sabertooth and Wooly Mammoth would be awesome. I just hope they add a sloth and squirrel, so we can play as Manny, Diego, Sid, and Scrat. :p

Aren't Drilbur and Excadrill moles though? I think they do an amazing job as being moles.

rocky505

Other than the fact that one is exclusively male, and the other exclusively female, Tauros and Miltank have very little in common physically that would warrant a prevo.

Yes they do.

Both are based on a cow/bull. Both have a BST of 490. They are basically opposites, which is why one is always male and the other is always female.

Cutty

Forever now
I'm not into pre evos that much, I hope we'll get less or nothing at all.
I'm also thinking that the new eeveelution could be Bug type. <.<

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Haha. I meant Mooby. xD This is Mooby.

Ah. Make it happen, Game Freak.

Other than the fact that one is exclusively male, and the other exclusively female, Tauros and Miltank have very little in common physically that would warrant a prevo.

Neither do bulls and cows IRL, and yet they are in fact different gendered counterparts of the same species.

Didn't Black and White 2 regional dex have Hydreigon line, Tyranitar Line and Metagross Line?

Is Metagross considered a pseudo legend? Huh.

Well, I can still make the "two pseudo legends" argument based on the fact that Tyranitar is nowhere to be found until post game (and therefore is a pointless addition to the Unova Dex).

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer
Status
Not open for further replies.