• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

silicon

Swordsman
A, um, planet? Wtf zomg dat makesnosensedonthopeforthatitsstrange.
Evolutions of Parasect, Farfetch'd, Dunsparce, Qwilfish, Girafarig, Mawile, Sableye, Kecleon, Cherrim, Lumineon, Basculin and Maractus would make my day. I'm bound to have hit the nail on the head a couple times in that list, right?

Quite possibly. I'd love to see an evolution for a couple of those myself (Farfetch'd in particular :p)

Hey, I read in bulbapedia that Sylveon is the ;lightest eeveelution.
So, probably it is a flying type?????

Not necessarily. It's only 1 kg lighter than Jolteon, who previously held the title for the lightest Eeveelution. Most are in the 25 kg range, so it's not drastically lighter or anything.

Considering that the french and german names clearly reference fairies, I'd just thought I go ahead and check the fairy egg-group, this is what I found:

- 14 Normal-types
- 11 Grass-types
- 5 Electric-types
- 5 Flying-types
- 4 Water-types
- 3 Ice-types
- 2 Poison-types
- 1 Fighting-type
- 1 Ghost-type
- 1 Steel-type

Considering the types of Eeveelutions we already have, I've crossed out a few.. I'm still in the 'I don't like either Normal or Flying'-camp, but the numbers speak for the Normal-type, by 3 to 1 if Sylveon ends up being in this group.

I've looked into this, and I would say it minimally helps the normal type argument, but I can all but guarantee that Sylveon won't be in the egg group - all Eeveelutions thus far have only been in the Field egg group.

dragonfoxmem

Beginning Trainer
well, I picked up the words: nymph, sylph, sylva, silva....

it is more interesting that those terms stated that it is more like female fairy/elvish character.

So Sylveon could be more like Normal type with fairy character like Jigglypuff and Clefairy... and it could be female only.

pokemonbw01

Who's the daddy? Me!
Not necessarily. It's only 1 kg lighter than Jolteon, who previously held the title for the lightest Eeveelution. Most are in the 25 kg range, so it's not drastically lighter or anything.

Yes, but however Sylveon is the lightest. So, it might have a point. A rock type eeveelution wouldn't be the lightest, would it?
So, Sylveon being the lightet eeveelution must hv something to do with the typing.

So, if Sylveon is derived from Sylvite, it makes it a rock type, right????

THAT IS SO IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Hmm a few pages back i said imagine if Gamefreak trolled us and made it steel or something. And if this derivation is correct we have a rock type eevee that is pink with bows in its hair. But Sylveon could even be a stylized version of 'silver', a metal =(. (Even though it isn't silver in coloration.) With all the derivations going round and gf being gf, we can't afford to rule out any possibilities.

pokemonbw01

Who's the daddy? Me!
Hmm a few pages back i said imagine if Gamefreak trolled us and made it steel or something. And if this derivation is correct we have a rock type eevee that is pink with bows in its hair. But Sylveon could even be a stylized version of 'silver', a metal =(. (Even though it isn't silver in coloration.) With all the derivations going round and gf being gf, we can't afford to rule out any possibilities.

I would be surprised to get a pink eeveelution with bows being a rock type....and if gamefreak did that, my hopes would fall from Mt. Everest.

adamfitz

poké-lover
Okay from what the link above brought me to I gathered the following info:
Sylvite-a crystal rock
Colours from white, pale blue, Greg, pale yellow, pale reddish pink and colorless.

So from that I think sylveon won't be rock type but maybe evolve with this stone?
Also if it were to be rock type I bet they would have added crystals and rocks to it instead of bows

Amanchu

Yes, but however Sylveon is the lightest. So, it might have a point. A rock type eeveelution wouldn't be the lightest, would it?
So, Sylveon being the lightet eeveelution must hv something to do with the typing.

i am not so sure the weight is that important a factor. unless it was drastically low or high. it is just lightest among eevees and there are some steel and rock types almost the same or lower than sylveon thou most are 1st stages still i dont think it will be much help in the end.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
So, the attacks Ninfia used were Focus Blast, Aerial Ace, and Swift? These attacks don't say much because a lot of pokemon an learn Aerial Ace and Swift. I'm not even too sure if the first attack was Focus Blast.

BunniBear4

Pokémon Trainer
Also if it were to be rock type I bet they would have added crystals and rocks to it instead of bows

But a rock eeveelution that has crystals on it sounds AMAZING! I never use rock types, the only time I have was with a shiny geodude I found it Mt. Moon because there's not way to refuse using that. Thought it they ever make that I would definitely use that rock type.

yuff

New game mechanic like what a pokemon could evolve from hating you. or something completely new?

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
New game mechanic like what a pokemon could evolve from hating you. or something completely new?

Team PETA, I mean, Plasma, is going to hate Nintendo for that, lol. It's a lot easier to max out happiness than hate.

BunniBear4

Pokémon Trainer
So, the attacks Ninfia used were Focus Blast, Aerial Ace, and Swift? These attacks don't say much because a lot of pokemon an learn Aerial Ace and Swift. I'm not even too sure if the first attack was Focus Blast.

I thought that second move was trump card after reading a few posts on here.

I can't see GF making Pokemon evolve from hate. I know Frustration exists but I see that as the only thing promoting hating your Pokemon.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I still am a strong advocate for Illumise and Volbeat evos that become either bug/electric or bug/fire. I always like them but they were so hard to use. I feel as if done right, evolutions could do them well and make them more commonly liked by the fan base.

Could luck with that..

It's not as if Rhyperior brought any enthusiasm back for the hardcore Rhydon-users back from Gen1.. Sure, Gliscor got used more then Gligar, eventhough Gligar was fairly well used in RU before its advent. Stuff like Weavile made bigger changes, because Sneasel was completely useless before Gen4, but that was mostly due to the Phsyical/Special-split.

I know that Illumise and Volbeat have a niche following, but if any niche followings object would get an evolution, then that would be Dunsparce, or Farfetch'd.. :p

I for one, would like to see there be a second triple stage line of Fire-types, released in a single generation, or that an additional evolution was made for an existing line.

It's kinda hard when you realize that the Litwick-line is the first triple stage Fire-type line introduced in a single generation, excluding starters. I mean there's the Magmar-line, but that kiddo needed three generations in order to achieve that.

Sure, the Fire-type may also have one of the least amount of single stage non legendary pokemon (Torkoal and Heatmor), but I'm getting tired with the 'two stage fire-type' formula..

No one's brought it up yet, and to be honest, it's rather interesting. I am really leaning towards flying now (out of all the 17 types that is).

Out of the seventeen types? You think it may be Water/Fire/Electric/Psychic/Dark/Ice/Grass?

Nah, out of the ten types left, I'd guess Flying has a good chance.

I'm on the line on the light type. It could add new stuff to Pokemon but at the same time my Sableye would no longer last in OU. Speaking of which it needs an evolution along with Corsola.

Naaaah! They just need to include the other types fanboys want: Gem and Sound-types!! :D

Seriously, if they introduce the Light-type, then Espeon would more likely get a type change, because Espeon and Umbreon are based on day and night.. Now that I think about it, weren't they only included to show off the clockmechanism in Gen2? Makes you wonder, why the heck we got Leafeon and Glaceon.. It didn't show off any new feature apparent in the games.. Well, aside from locationbased evolution..

This was brought up earlier, but do you remember the mentioning of using your bond between you and your Pokemon from the trailer? I have a feeling it will be more than just friendship points that we've seen. I think there's a possibility that this new way of bonding can trigger evolution.

Haven't heard of that either.. -.-

yuff

Thinking about it we might see some item based evo's like pearl and diamond and gold and silver that seems like a pretty common cop out on why the pokemon didn't evolve previously.

silicon

Swordsman

It may have something to do with typing, but not much. I certainly never said I thought it was a Rock type or anything. However, as a sort of counter point, look at Lileep, it's the same hieght, and almost the same weight as Sylveon, and it's part rock, so just from that I'd say we can't rule out rock or really any other types. I think analyzing the name and design are much better routes, and that leaves us basically with Normal or Flying.

Aerial Ace? Where did you get that from? I don't think I've seen anyone mention that as one of the attacks Sylveon used. There are two attacks that Sylveon almost certainly used: Trump Card and Swift. The first and the third are up in the air. I'm currently thinking that the first was Flame Charge, but I'm in no way certain on the exact move - though I do feel it was a physical move rather than a special move. The third one looked like perhaps a stat boosting move to me, or perhaps a charge up for a 2 turn attack (I hope it wasn't - we have too many of those already). I'm thinking that one is probably a 6th gen attack.

BunniBear4

Pokémon Trainer
I for one, would like to see there be a second triple stage line of Fire-types, released in a single generation, or that an additional evolution was made for an existing line.

It's kinda hard when you realize that the Litwick-line is the first triple stage Fire-type line introduced in a single generation, excluding starters. I mean there's the Magmar-line, but that kiddo needed three generations in order to achieve that.

Sure, the Fire-type may also have one of the least amount of single stage non legendary pokemon (Torkoal and Heatmor), but I'm getting tired with the 'two stage fire-type' formula..

Same here. I'm a fan of the fire type and it bothers me that only starters, Magby, and Litwick are the only fire types to have a total of three forms. I hope they introduce an evo to a past two formed one or just make an entirely new group that has three forms.

Haven't heard of that either.. -.-

Pretty sure Masuda mentioned it would become a new game mechanic thus making it different than friendship based evo with espeon and umbreon.

Professor Squirtle

Professor of Rain
Or metronome to further evidence how much we're indulging in conjecture.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
I thought that second move was trump card after reading a few posts on here.

I can't see GF making Pokemon evolve from hate. I know Frustration exists but I see that as the only thing promoting hating your Pokemon.

Really? I thought it was Aerial Ace because the attack had cards in it. Lame logic, right? I never had Trump Card used on me, so that possibility never came to me. Then that leaves to Focus Blast, but lots of pokemon of different typing can learn Focus Blast, so that doesn't tell us so much about Ninfia's typing. I thought it was Solar Beam until I went back to read the forum comments.

adamfitz

poké-lover
But a rock eeveelution that has crystals on it sounds AMAZING! I never use rock types, the only time I have was with a shiny geodude I found it Mt. Moon because there's not way to refuse using that. Thought it they ever make that I would definitely use that rock type.

I too allways wanted a crystal Pokemon
A animal/mammel with crystals attached.
Amazing

BunniBear4

Pokémon Trainer
Really? I thought it was Aerial Ace because the attack had cards in it. Lame logic, right? I never had Trump Card used on me, so that possibility never came to me. Then that leaves to Focus Blast, but lots of pokemon of different typing can learn Focus Blast, so that doesn't tell us so much about Ninfia's typing. I thought it was Solar Beam until I went back to read the forum comments.

I never heard of trump card until hearing about it on this forum actually. I never had it used on me or used a Pokemon that could learn it (except eevee but I normally evolve mine as soon as possible). Eevee can learn it at level 45 in Black 2 so that doesn't really help prove anything towards typing.

Status
Not open for further replies.