• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevencloser

The only thing using Trump Card in the video told us is that that Sylveon had a fairly high level. If the reason for that is because it evolves late or because they just wanted to show us the attack we don't know.

strikeZone13

Merc with a mouth
Welp gone for awhile and the conversation is back on Sylveon...
Lets change the subject please, howbout some ideas on what this gen's lucario/zoroark will be...
Im hoping its a coyote but...

bloocookies

Just to jump in, um I don't think Sylveon is using Focus Blast because when it creates the ball Sylveon is disappearing into it or becoming the ball of energy...

BunniBear4

Pokémon Trainer
Just to jump in, um I don't think Sylveon is using Focus Blast because when it creates the ball Sylveon is disappearing into it or becoming the ball of energy...

I'm thinking more like Giga Impact. Also I've determined the move is physical and it's not just the camera. We'd see Sylveon's feet if it were just the camera.

Akimoto-Kenta

F*ck Yeah! Seaking!
Just to jump in, um I don't think Sylveon is using Focus Blast because when it creates the ball Sylveon is disappearing into it or becoming the ball of energy...maybe Double Edge?
Yep, I thought of that too. I already explained it too,. but my posts are invisible.
IMO it's indeed Double-Egde. yet another Normal type move.

Double-Edge Checklist:
Screen/background turns red. - CHECK
Physical attack - CHECK Sylveon disapears and turns into a ball much like the move fly & rams the opponent.
Fiery explosion on hit - CHECK

tumblr_mi7pdz6G8P1rqsh2vo2_250.gif
Double-Edge.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITII48PaxeE&t=6m12s

Last edited:

strikeZone13

Merc with a mouth

strikeZone13

Merc with a mouth
True, but its something to Talk about.
I personally think it'll be a psychic type because the last two were fighting/dark respectively

adamfitz

poké-lover
The only thing using Trump Card in the video told us is that that Sylveon had a fairly high level. If the reason for that is because it evolves late or because they just wanted to show us the attack we don't know.

Well my guess is a badass looking bipedal kanine based Pokemon
I'd love to see an artic snow fox one
Or even an akita!

BunniBear4

Pokémon Trainer
I'm starting to doubt there will be a lucario/zoroark this gen. I think GF wants to mix it up a bit and see how we like it.

Last edited:

strikeZone13

Merc with a mouth
Well my guess is a badass looking bipedal kanine based Pokemon
I'd love to see an article fox one
Or even an akita!

I was hoping for a psychic coyote, or maybe a hyena

Zachmac

Hyenas aren't canines....

Anyway, don't get surprised if they don't have one. Lucario is the pokemon that sees through illusions, and Zoroark is the one that creates them. I don't see how anything else could fit into their.

BunniBear4

Pokémon Trainer

Mightyena says hi and it wouldn't mind a evo.

Also I've noticed all the moves used by Sylveon can be learned by Eevee. Double edge can be learned by Eevee at level 37 in Black/White 2, Trump Card can be learned at level 45, and Swift is a Dream World move. I can't tell what the third move is so I'm not putting it towards anything, but I think from that it can either be GF telling us "it's normal!" or they absolutely don't want us knowing the type until March so they only showed her using moves Eevee can know.

Last edited:

Zachmac

Mightyena says hi and it wouldn't mind a evo.
Well, before we had Zoroark, we did have Eevee, Abra, and Vulpix. Now we're also getting Fennekin.

I don't think GF is above making the same species twice.

strikeZone13

Merc with a mouth
Hyenas aren't canines....

Anyway, don't get surprised if they don't have one. Lucario is the pokemon that sees through illusions, and Zoroark is the one that creates them. I don't see how anything else could fit into their.

I know they're not canine, but most people don't realize that.
I never noticed that connection between the two, interesting. But if that's what they were made to be woudn't the poke that makes illusions come first instead of what actually came first?

BunniBear4

Pokémon Trainer
Well, before we had Zoroark, we did have Eevee, Abra, and Vulpix. Now we're also getting Fennekin.

I don't think GF is above making the same species twice.

I know they aren't. It's obvious at this point. However, I'd be nice if Mightyena doesn't become another Sableye where they make something with a similar concept and completely ignore the first one to have it.

I know they aren't. It's obvious at this point. However, I'd be nice if Mightyena doesn't become another Sableye where they make something with a similar concept and completely ignore the first one to have it.

Speaking of Sableye, I'm hoping it'll evolve this gen. That and Mawile.

Amanchu

Welp gone for awhile and the conversation is back on Sylveon...
Lets change the subject please, howbout some ideas on what this gen's lucario/zoroark will be...
Im hoping its a coyote but...

I am also in the group of we wont have another lucario derivative this gen seeing as the movie they would have used to announce it doesnt have the name of it. Thou the name may not be full yet (doubtful as it is as long as it is).

If they do decide to make another 1 and are trying to keep it under wraps; I want a gray wolf this time with ghost pre-evo and ghost/psychic typing.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
Speaking of Sableye, I'm hoping it'll evolve this gen. That and Mawile.
If GF is following the pattern of previous gen we'll definitely be seeing pre-evo/evolution's for past pokemon this time. That an seeing what new evolution methods they'll be adding in for this generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.