• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be nice if some Pokemon were to evolve, but most people are just naming Pokemon with stats that are not up to notch like other Pokemon. Pokemon like Magmar and Electabuzz both received evolved forms, even though their stats were good.

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer
Yeah I'd love a delibird evo one of my favorites....
Seems some of my favorites could really use evo
My favorites that could are
Smeargle
Deli bird
Dunsparce
Jinx
Lapras
Swoobat

Also I can see a split evo for gothorita....
No going to be as easy as kirlia but sure they can do it.

I can agree with all of the above...except lapras. Give Lapras a pre-evo at best.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums...onclusiononSmash_zps5b157c5b.png?t=1360960964

This is how I feel about the Smash trailer to be honest. I can't tell if Flareon is the red or orange one, but Sylveon has a partner. If it's flying then it will be ground. If it's a new type the other can be anything left (espeon wasn't a new type was it?) or another type. I just guess Sylveon will be the only one in the short film or GF is REALLY trying to mess with our heads.

If Sylveon(it's still hard to get used to its English name...) is pink, which is written as Autumn, then orange could possibly be the other eeveelution(which is written as Mountain). But that brings us to the questions of WHY GF focused more on Sylveon than its counterpart(if it exists). Does anyone remember if Glaceon and Leafeon were introduced together? I realize that Sylveon may be focused because of the movie, but I really hope that we get two eeveelutions again. The most I look at the little guy, the more I learn to like him.

What should the pseudo legendary be this time? Can it be a chimera? It can be part lion part snake park dragon, which screams pseudo legendary to me. Hopefully, the next pseudo legendary will stay on its fours. It's a minor thing, but most of the psuedos minus Salamance stand on their hind feet. And please don't have it be a dragon. I had enough of pseudo dragons. Let's have one of a different type, maybe a grass type for a change.

Edit: And GF, please add strong fire types. Gen 4 suffered from the lack of fire types for those who didn't choose Chimchar.

FallBird

I want the baby Kangaskhan to be a separate pokemon, and evolve into Kangaskhan. And for there to be a male counterpart. That would make me satisfied. <3

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
If there is one pokemon that SHOULD not get an evolution, that would be skarmory. It might cause a lot of rage quits when equipped with an evolite, although that is assuming that they don't introduce a feature,move,ability etc. that makes walls completely useless. On the other hand, does anyone think it is possible that sylveon is a ghost type. Fairies or more specifically nymphs can be referred to as spirits, "spirit' is synonymous with ghosts. This would explain why the pokemon does not appear solid and earthly, almost as if it were an ethereal creature. That thing also does a good job at looking a bit spooky, something about the eyes and its floating ribbons.

Last edited:

BBtheASH

It would be nice if some Pokemon were to evolve, but most people are just naming Pokemon with stats that are not up to notch like other Pokemon. Pokemon like Magmar and Electabuzz both received evolved forms, even though their stats were good.

A "top notch" pokemon I would like to see get an evo would be steelix. Steelix is currently RU, and with Eviolite, can pose as a huge threat in OU.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
If there is one pokemon that SHOULD not get an evolution, that would be skarmory. It might cause a lot of rage quits when equipped with an evolite, although that is assuming that they don't introduce a feature,move,ability etc. that makes walls completely useless.

I really don't think they are not gonna give a pokemon an evolution just because it's pre-evolution will be powerful with Eviolite. But hey I could be wrong.

adamfitz

poké-lover
If Sylveon(it's still hard to get used to its English name...) is pink, which is written as Autumn, then orange could possibly be the other eeveelution(which is written as Mountain). But that brings us to the questions of WHY GF focused more on Sylveon than its counterpart(if it exists). Does anyone remember if Glaceon and Leafeon were introduced together? I realize that Sylveon may be focused because of the movie, but I really hope that we get two eeveelutions again. The most I look at the little guy, the more I learn to like him.

What should the pseudo legendary be this time? Can it be a chimera? It can be part lion part snake park dragon, which screams pseudo legendary to me. Hopefully, the next pseudo legendary will stay on its fours. It's a minor thing, but most of the psuedos minus Salamance stand on their hind feet. And please don't have it be a dragon. I had enough of pseudo dragons. Let's have one of a different type, maybe a grass type for a change.

Edit: And GF, please add strong fire types. Gen 4 suffered from the lack of fire types for those who didn't choose Chimchar.

I really think there going too stick with the dragons but I love your idea, maybe just a good strong Pokemon found late in the game?

I love the gen dragons
And can't wait to see the next in line.

And maybe they will release the eevee one at a time, this way we get a month of speculating on each... That way they give out less info,
I mean I'll be let down if we only get one
I love sylveon but seemed weird not having two.

Luthor

Um no....I would really hate if out of all things they decided to do a gender split.
Also pink is only seen as feminine in western culture. The color pink in japan is actually a masculine color because of the coloring of the sakura blossom, which symbolizes death, more specifcially death of a samurai.. wich is very masculine at thought.
So pink only represents feminity depending on what region of the world your talking about.

Also pokemon has never been one to be gender biased, so I doubt they would create a gender split evo for the eevee line, especially since its not a 50/50 male to feale gender ratio, there are actually more male eevee's then female. Which is my main reasoning behind why they wouldn't do this. Also I'm sure gamefreak would be a bit moe creative then this.

well consider this the fact that the genders are uneven would add an extra element of difficulty in obtaining one.Plus looking at another pokemon with the same gender ratio combee.That has an evovled form that is gender exclusive which hasn't been a problem.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
What if Sylveon is a normal type. But female only? This is a pokemon from the new pokemon games X & Y. And as we know it has something to do with DNA. (Look at the game logo)

Why normal?? Idk but we have 37 pink pokemon, out of those 37, 16 are normal (out of 17 diffrent types) and pink is the color of girls and blue the color of boys. (Like when a newborn baby) What if Sylveon is a female Eeveelution and we see in next month CoroCoro the male Eeveelution. Also a normal type but blue. The "counterpart" of Sylveon.

Because Dark is the counterpart of Psy
Ice is the counterpart of Grass
And female is the counterpart of male (you know XY & XX)

Its just my opinion

That's a very good opinion. Grew on me.

BBtheASH

Well I'm sure EVERYONE would love two eeveelutions. But unfortunatley just because it seems to be highly advertised, I doubt it...
Which sux.... eventhough I have my heart set on Sylveon, I would still like to see another eeveelution...
(And no, not no dumb male counterpart bull *... just have it be its type opposite.)

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
hmmm since the games seem to be based in France/Europe here is what a like too see:

Pokemon based on:
griffin
banshee: a possiable evo for Jynx
unicorn

evo or baby froms for:
Lapras
Druddrun: hey its based of stone garoyagles right? why not?

You don't know how much I want a Gryphon and a Unicorn Pokemon. Make this happen Game Freak! Also I want a Centaur based Pokemon.

I forgot that we got Rapisdah for a Unicorn but a flying unicorn evolution would be nice.

Last edited:

adamfitz

poké-lover
hmmm since the games seem to be based in France/Europe here is what a like too see:

Pokemon based on:
griffin
unicorn

evo or baby froms for:
Lapras

Wow wow wow wow
I remember hearing tales about the banshee when I was younger
And watching Darby o Gil and the little people
Had scared me deeply!
That said it could be one terrifying ghost type
But not a jinx evo... I'm expecting an ice princess or viking based evo for jinx

BBtheASH

well consider this the fact that the genders are uneven would add an extra element of difficulty in obtaining one.Plus looking at another pokemon with the same gender ratio combee.That has an evovled form that is gender exclusive which hasn't been a problem.

Good point. But also I think its worth noting, that combee's line is as such because it was suppose to mimic real life bee's; in that the queen bee comes rare.
But you did disprove what I had stated. Still id rather them do something different then only because it seems so elementary to me...
But then again Sylveon was released on Valentines day....*if you know what I mean*

TheEliteEmpoleon

I really don't think they are not gonna give a pokemon an evolution just because it's pre-evolution will be powerful with Eviolite. But hey I could be wrong.

That's not why they're speculating those evolutions. They're saying if the pokémon does get an evolution, an eviolite would make it a monster, not it should get an evolution because eviolite would go great on it.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3

Pokemon based on:
griffin
unicorn

evo or baby froms for:
Lapras

YES. I need a griffin pokemon. Then I can make my Harry Potter team! (gets shot)

On a more serious tone, what if the griffin was the starter bird? It starts out as a hawk and then goes on its fours when it evolves. Let's make it be a physical attack. Enough to be compared to Staraptor.

DarkerShining

I personally want a pegasus Pokémon. Also, I'm personally hoping we won't be seeing too many pre-evolutions/evolutions this gen, or at the very least that the majority of the new Pokémon are brand new Pokémon.

I do find Sylveon pretty cute, though. I was at first suspecting it of being a dragon type, but now I'm guessing it is a flying type. Looking forward to learning more about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.