• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is one pokemon that SHOULD not get an evolution, that would be skarmory. It might cause a lot of rage quits when equipped with an evolite, although that is assuming that they don't introduce a feature,move,ability etc. that makes walls completely useless. On the other hand, does anyone think it is possible that sylveon is a ghost type. Fairies or more specifically nymphs can be referred to as spirits, "spirit' is synonymous with ghosts. This would explain why the pokemon does not appear solid and earthly, almost as if it were an ethereal creature. That thing also does a good job at looking a bit spooky, something about the eyes and its floating ribbons.

No way, that's dumb. Ghosts don't look like normal types or use physical normal type moves. Seriously guys, Stop throwing out random illogical nonsense out there.

Luthor

one thing i've been thinking for a while as a possibilty is that this gen will introduce a pre-evo to pansage,panpour and pansear.Given that the elemental monkeys probably won't be as prominantly disaplyed as they were in gen 5 it would make sense to link them up. I think the pre-evo would be a normal type.

adamfitz

poké-lover
I'm hoping for a lot more evo than pre evo
But better than that is love a whole news Dex!

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
one thing i've been thinking for a while as a possibilty is that this gen will introduce a pre-evo to pansage,panpour and pansear.Given that the elemental monkeys probably won't be as prominantly disaplyed as they were in gen 5 it would make sense to link them up. I think the pre-evo would be a normal type.

I hope not. I'm sick of seeing the elemental monkeys. Nearly half of the trainers I fought in Black and White had one of the elemental monkeys. They don't even give me much experience points. Even my rivals used them for battle. I think I'm done with monkey pokemon for now...

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer
I just realized something...
Sylveon was released on Valentines, which is only about a month away from Easter.
Sylveon has very rabbit like ears, and with all the bows and stuff, can even hint at the idea of an Easter Bunny.
Easter Bunny, lays/scatters eggs, so MAYBE (and that's a huge maybe)
Sylveons evoluton has something to do with....breeding?

adamfitz

poké-lover

I'm hoping for the same concept in the game, was a nice add on
But I'd not like to see the monkeys return.

applemania

Any ideas about what the new Lucario/Zoroark will be this Gen?
I hope it sticks to the canine motif and they make a coyote

I would love this, I'd want it to be psychic and have a design based around Native American depictions of the coyote in Southwestern U.S. myth.

We need to see these evolutions:

Parasect
Farfetch'd
Dunsparce
Girafarig
Stantler
Qwilfish
Magcargo
Corsola
Delibird
Delcatty
Sableye
Mawile
Volbeat
Illumise
Swalot
Spinda
Kecleon
Chimecho
Luvdisc
Kricketune
Cherrim
Carnivine
Lumineon
Basculin
Maractus
Stunfisk
Heatmor

I'm done. I COULD predict names and base stats if you want it...

Amanchu

What if Sylveon is a normal type. But female only? This is a pokemon from the new pokemon games X & Y. And as we know it has something to do with DNA. (Look at the game logo)

Why normal?? Idk but we have 37 pink pokemon, out of those 37, 16 are normal (out of 17 diffrent types) and pink is the color of girls and blue the color of boys. (Like when a newborn baby) What if Sylveon is a female Eeveelution and we see in next month CoroCoro the male Eeveelution. Also a normal type but blue. The "counterpart" of Sylveon.

Because Dark is the counterpart of Psy
Ice is the counterpart of Grass
And female is the counterpart of male (you know XY & XX)

Its just my opinion

not gonna deny the fact X/Y is suspicous and do seem to have some sort of DNA relation or double helix in the logo is for something we dont know (thou only other things i can think of is the double helix galaxy which got its name from DNA and a type of gear but i just dont see anything resembling gear on that logo so...).

But i am not so sure they will make female and male eevee's as from my PoV most of the eevees do look like feminine except umbreon.

For the counterpart theory; they might just go with dragon to complete the old special set (if they do so i am very curious about the evolution story) and it will be its own counterpart. (same can be said with ghost without problem. thou has less chance of a ghost for me....)

adamfitz

poké-lover
I wouldn't say that low. But, it's probably expected that we'll have a bit less new Pokemon. Maybe Gamefreak will go all out again and make this regional dex have a lot of Pokemon like Black 2 and White 2's.

If got a dealing this Dex will be a lot like the sinnoh Dex.
Or maybe even the jhoto Dex.

Hoping we get more than just 50
I always love a whole new Dex
And I love making gen teams, without using any old Pokemon.
Its my kind of tradition.

Professor Squirtle

Professor of Rain
I wouldn't say that low. But, it's probably expected that we'll have a bit less new Pokemon. Maybe Gamefreak will go all out again and make this regional dex have a lot of Pokemon like Black 2 and White 2's.
"Comments from Japanese sources state, meanwhile, that at least 50 new 'mon are expected to appear in the game." It's strange of them to even state a specific number. I can't tell if that's an arbitrary assessment or an actually based statistic. It's always around 100, so to split that in half would be disappointing.

We need to see these evolutions:

Parasect
Farfetch'd
Dunsparce
Girafarig
Stantler
Qwilfish
Magcargo
Corsola
Delibird
Delcatty
Sableye
Mawile
Volbeat
Illumise
Swalot
Spinda
Kecleon
Chimecho
Luvdisc
Kricketune
Cherrim
Carnivine
Lumineon
Basculin
Maractus
Stunfisk
Heatmor

I'm done. I COULD predict names and base stats if you want it...
Speaking of Carnivine (I honestly had to think about what that was for a moment) it always seemed more like the middle stage between the first form and final form of a Pokemon. It is so forgettable, it would be nice to see it get some treatment. Maybe I just have a soft spot for man-eating plants. I don't even remember which generation it's from; is it from generation III or IV? I need to eat more blueberries.

Last edited:

TheEliteEmpoleon

I'm still rather afraid this generation will warrant little more than 50 new Pokemon.

I wouldn't mind around 50 brand new evolutionary lines, and the restof the new pokémon be related to lines hat already exist.

"Comments from Japanese sources state, meanwhile, that at least 50 new 'mon are expected to appear in the game." It's strange of them to even state a specific number. I can't tell if that's an arbitrary assessment or an actually based statistic. It's always around 100, so to split that in half would be disappointing.

Really? Well that interesting. It is kind of strange to mention such a low number compared to the other regions. Maybe this Pokedex will mostly consist of old Pokemon. :/

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Yeah, 100 is the bare minimum they need to include in each new game in order to keep things fresh, having only 50 is going to be disappointing, then you only have a limited amount of options for new stuff to try out (like, on average maybe 2 or 3 new families for each type).

Aegon

The official word is that the number will exceed 700. That's where the notion of only fifty new additions is coming from.

If there is another Eeveelution, what would be its type? What would be its name? And why wouldn't it have gotten released alongside Sylveon?

If there is a counterpart for sylveon, I think it would depend on what type sylveon is. My guess is as good as anyone else's as to what type that is. Based on looks I'd guess normal and/or flying type (though I doubt both since it is an eeveelution). However, based on name, I'd guess probably bug type, which would disappoint me as I was hoping a bug type eeveelution would look way different from that. Once sylveon's type is revealed, our guesses on the counterpart would probably be more accurately assessed.
The type counterpart I'd like to see most is ghost type (assuming sylveon isn't ghost type). This would make sense to me if sylveon is indeed normal type (fighting would also make sense. And honestly, I think if they did normal and ghost, they should do a third and make it fighting). Potential names for the ghost type would be (but not limited to):
ghouleon
zombieon (not likely, but I like it)
haunteon
spookeon
booeon (or booleon, just cuz it makes me think of boolean lol)
spectreon (actually not a favorite of mine, but it's a commonly suggested name)
misteon (though that sounds more like ice or water)
souleon
geisteon
wraitheon (one of my personal favorites)
poeon (Legend of Zelda infringement there haha)
grimeon (might want to double the m so we know the base is grim, not grime)
reapeon
deatheon (totally not likely, but epic nevertheless)
shadoweon
mummeon (though that sounds like a cofagrigus-eevee hybrid haha)
silpheon (reference to 1st gen where silph scope is needed to identify ghost pokemon. Also kinda cool that it sounds very similar to sylveon. Cool, yet possibly confusing if you're not listening closely enough in conversation)
And I could try to conjure up more, but that should suffice for this post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.