• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebevan91

Yeah new Eevee evolutions would be cool, and a new 3 stage Ice family that doesn't look like a icecream would be nice, maybe based on a lynx?

That or a based on a wolf would be nice.

ryanthehuman

it will be. I remember Iwata really stressing that in the live feed.

As in Pikachu will be available on or just in the regional dex generally?

While I don't think ALL of the Pokemon shown will be available in the regional dex (Scizor and Butterfree were shown in pre-release stuff for DP for example) I wouldn't be too surprised to see Psyduck, he's Masuda's favorite!

That makes me wonder if Golduck will ever get an evolution or something. Not likely, but could be cool.

We can't know for sure until the game comes out, or if there is some info at some point saying "These Pokemon will be in the regional dex" then lists all the Pokemon that were shown in the trailer(We'll probably get something like this, but it wont necessarily confirm all the ones shown in the trailer). Most likely, at least some will be.

I'd be fine with the majority of Pokemon from the trailer being in the regional dex. Just the elemental monkeys and Patrat do not gel well with me.

I wonder if this will be another gen with a lot of evolutions from previous ones or one with scarcely any? I'm hoping for a good mix, personally!

Dr. Steve

I definitely want new Eeveelutions in this game. Its my favorite Pokemon and I want to eventually see an Evolution of every type. If I had to pick what types I wanted for this game I'd probably say Ghost and Fighting. I would also love to see a Grass/Dragon type. Maybe make it in to a Pseudo-Legendary for this game. A new bug type Pokemon based on a Mosquito wouldn't be a bad idea either. I personally don't even like Mosquitos in real life but as a Pokemon I would dig it. Probably make it a Bug/Dark type. And probably a Poison-type Legendary just for the hell of it.

JasonChu

PikaAsh:o
I expect , this is Pokemon Genes theme XY of course there will be Z
Chromosome ,expect a lot more Grass types , lot more normal types in particularly
Gender confusion pokemon. More moves like attract, evolution of Ludisc, evolution of Jynx
More pink pokemons and blue pokemons,

Come to think of it is that Why BW anime promoting the move 'attract' ? Knowing about the upcoming X&Y

gliscor&yanmega

I'd be fine with the majority of Pokemon from the trailer being in the regional dex. Just the elemental monkeys and Patrat do not gel well with me.

I wonder if this will be another gen with a lot of evolutions from previous ones or one with scarcely any? I'm hoping for a good mix, personally!

I wouldn't really care if they are in or not, it's not that many, I'd just want some Pokemon who haven't really been in the Regional Dexs before, I really want Houndour more then anything at this point, wanted it in B2/W2 and it didn't happen, I never got to really use one during the gameplay before(Didn't play Platinum just Diamond) and it's a favorite of mine. I would love if Houndoom gets a Cerberus evolution then that would make up for all the missed times for it for me.

I'm assuming this will be like Johto and Sinnoh and have a handful of cross gen evolutions. So long as they stick to how it's been, that's most likely what will be the case(Even generations have always had a few of them where odd generations had none(Besides Hoenn having...two I think, Azuril and Wynaut)).

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I'm going to take a crack at what kinds of Pokemon we might see:

-120-150 new Pokemon. 5-10 new evolutions, maybe more if necessary.
-The following evolutions:
-Pachirisu/Emolga
-Luvdisc
-Farfetch'd
-Tauros/Miltank baby
-Druddigon baby
-Regional dex of 250-300 Pokemon.
Possible old Pokemon (I highly doubt all of these will appear, in fact I'm not even counting to see if it's possible for them all to appear, I'm just listing what I consider to be likely possibilities):
-Pikachu line
-Audino
-Magikarp line
-Geodude/Roggenrola line
-Drifloon line
-Litwick line
-Eevee line
-Sneasel line
-Foongus line
-Karrablast and Shelmet line
-Crustle/Krabby/Shuckle line
-Absol
-Swablu line
-Trapinch line
-Mareep line
-Illumise (X exclusive) and Volbeat (Y exclusive)
-Vullaby line (X exclusive) and Rufflet line (Y exclusive)
-Croagunk line
-Ponyta line
-Togepi line
-Skarmory
-Wingull/Ducklett line
-Duskull line
-Misdreavus line
-Lotad and Seedot lines
-Budew line
-Sandshrew line
-Phanpy line
-Drillbur line
-Lapras
-Snover line
-Swinub line
-Vanillite line
-Cryogonal
-Lickitung line
-Dunsparce
-Snubbull line
-Smeargle
-Skitty line
-Buneary line
-Glameow line (X exclusive) and Stunky line (Y exclusive)
-Lillipup line
-Mincinno line
-Tentacool/Frillish line
-Grimer/Trubbish line
-Staryu line
-Mime Jr. line
-Bonsly line
-Smoochum line
-Ralts line
-Gothita line (X exclusive) and Solosis line (Y exclusive)
-Slugma line
-Pawniard line
-Psyduck line
-Feebas line
-Wailmer line
-Luvdisc/Alomomola
-Finneon/Lumineon

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Assuming most of the Pokemon in the trailer are going to be in the regional dex, it looks like we'll be getting a pretty healthy mix of types this time around. As long as they don't completely screw it up like they did in DP, I'll be fine. I would like to see more Ice, Poison, and Ghost lines, though (and with Fire being my favorite type, I'm hoping for around 3 or 4 new lines besides the starter, depending on how many new Pokemon will be included).

JasonChu

PikaAsh:o
Thete will be a lot more cute pokemons , targeting the girls that's what they are aiming for.
Don't expect spit of strong mean ones

Larry

I'm hoping for a dex with just the new POKEMON like B/W. I liked always running into the new Pokemon rather than older ones mixed in because you can experiment with different teams.

Tavo_Zx

The Iron Man
Thete will be a lot more cute pokemons , targeting the girls that's what they are aiming for.
Don't expect spit of strong mean ones

Well, the Y legendary looks kinda like a strong mean one to me. And the X legendary looks like the opposite. Maybe a reference to how boys (Y chromosome) tend to be more wild than girls (X chromosome).

Last edited:

247Rain

It's raining 24 7
Theres a chance that bird might be the 1st poisin legendary

ryanthehuman

I wouldn't really care if they are in or not, it's not that many, I'd just want some Pokemon who haven't really been in the Regional Dexs before, I really want Houndour more then anything at this point, wanted it in B2/W2 and it didn't happen, I never got to really use one during the gameplay before(Didn't play Platinum just Diamond) and it's a favorite of mine. I would love if Houndoom gets a Cerberus evolution then that would make up for all the missed times for it for me.

I'm assuming this will be like Johto and Sinnoh and have a handful of cross gen evolutions. So long as they stick to how it's been, that's most likely what will be the case(Even generations have always had a few of them where odd generations had none(Besides Hoenn having...two I think, Azuril and Wynaut)).

I used Houndour in my Platinum run and it was awesome. I'd like to see it in, too, since the only time it's been available pre-elite four was Platinum, which is a real shame. I'm routing for the Electrike, Surskit and Joltik lines to be included, as well as Sableye and Mawile, who could benefit some evolutions. Version exclusives maybe?

cookies kill you

Like a boss
hrmm if theres more eeveeloutions WHICH I REALLY HOPE THERE IS! I think the 2 most likely types would be fighting and ground next would be steel

Oh and I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally want to see either just a flat out BA shark or a Sharpedo evolution Houndoom evolution would be awesooooooooome! and a Heracross evolution would be nuts D: to bad it probably wont happen for Heracross unless Pinsir is joining to which I dont see happening

Last edited:

Wadeledge

Till all are One

Well going off a HYPOTHETICAL pattern:

Gen 1: All new Pokemon (DUH)

Gen 2: Lot's of babies/evolutions mixed with the all new Pokemon

Gen 3: LOT'S OF NEW POKEMON I think maybe save Wynaut that they were all new, yes?

Gen 4: Lot's of babies/evolutions to old Pokemon, giving tons of Pokemon not in an evolutionary chain new family members

Gen 5: ALL NEW POKEMON!!!

Gen 6: I'd guess a lot of new Pokemon but I'm expecting a lot of lines to be filled out where they need it, hopefully for woefully forgotten Pokemon like Qwilfish and Farfetch'd?(?)

I used Houndour in my Platinum run and it was awesome. I'd like to see it in, too, since the only time it's been available pre-elite four was Platinum, which is a real shame.
Houndour is available in HG/SS in the Safari Zone pre-E4.

EonDragonFTW

hrmm if theres more eeveeloutions WHICH I REALLY HOPE THERE IS! I think the 2 most likely types would be fighting and ground next would be steel

Meh, I'm thinking more Dragon/Ghost

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
An Ice-wolf line is way over due and I would finally like to see one.

Scammel

Whilst I'm hoping for loads more new evolutions (especially for my beloved Pinsir), I hope it doesn't end up compromising the regional natives; I felt this was very much the case in DP, when a significant chunk of the 'Dex was given over to the new evos and I felt many areas suffered a lack of varietybecause of it.

gliscor&yanmega

I used Houndour in my Platinum run and it was awesome. I'd like to see it in, too, since the only time it's been available pre-elite four was Platinum, which is a real shame. I'm routing for the Electrike, Surskit and Joltik lines to be included, as well as Sableye and Mawile, who could benefit some evolutions. Version exclusives maybe?

I'd like Electrike as well, the more Dogs the merrier. Hoping for a Arctic Wolf or Gray Wolf, maybe I can have a team of Canines. If Surskit were to get an evolutions(Split or one for Masqurein) I wouldn't mind, I'd like it to be Bug/Water though. I had my full of Joltik from the previous games though, but I could probably use it again(2nd favorite Generation 5 Pokemon). Sableye and Mawile evolutions would be interesting to see, I don't really care who, but anyone who doesn't have an evolution I'd be interested to see them get one.

Well going off a HYPOTHETICAL pattern:

Gen 1: All new Pokemon (DUH)

Gen 2: Lot's of babies/evolutions mixed with the all new Pokemon

Gen 3: LOT'S OF NEW POKEMON I think maybe save Wynaut that they were all new, yes?

Gen 4: Lot's of babies/evolutions to old Pokemon, giving tons of Pokemon not in an evolutionary chain new family members

Gen 5: ALL NEW POKEMON!!!

Gen 6: I'd guess a lot of new Pokemon but I'm expecting a lot of lines to be filled out where they need it, hopefully for woefully forgotten Pokemon like Qwilfish and Farfetch'd?(?)

Houndour is available in HG/SS in the Safari Zone pre-E4.

Azuril was also in Hoenn. Pretty much just another batch of all new Pokemon.

Didn't you have to do a bunch of stuff with it to actually get it though? I could never under HG/SS Safari Zone. Wonder if one will be in this game this time though, not the place to discuss that I suppose though

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.