1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by bobandbill, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greekboy

Greekboy Well-Known Member

I think Spiritomb's already at a decent spot statwise, and don't forget the fact that he has no weakness

2. Sneasel Lover

Sneasel Lover Squidcow

Yes, Ursaring is very overpowered... /sarcasm

3. Yveltal96

Yveltal96 A little more human

he is
    he can rip teams to shreds with little effort
    he doesn't need an evo

4. Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama Fancy footwork

I wouldn't say very, but if used the right way. Then it's trouble. High Attack + Facade + STAB + Gus + Trick Room = screwed

5. Yveltal96

exactly
    and if you have a baton pass boost from swords dance or speed boost ability he destroys everything without a doubt
    which is why i do not think he should evolve

6. Father Russia

Father Russia Truth Embedded Steel

On the topic of Sylveon, my first impression was that it is normal type. After looking at other posts, I think it's fair to raise the point that the eevee evolutions are either centered around evolving eevee by a stone (i.e. firestone, waterstone), day or night cycle + <3, or by leveling them up by a stone landmark (i.e. mossy stone for leafeon). Seeing that it could either be leveling by an evolutionary stone or by leveling up by a stone landmark, I think that Sylveon would be a normal type and that GF made it so in order to evolve Eevee into Sylveon you would have to use a moon stone.

Haven't seen the moon stone theory mentioned so that's why I proposed it.

Or it could be bug, just looking at that picture of all of the eevee evolutions, Sylveon has flowery ears, the bow ties look like butterflies, the ribbons seem out of place but they remind me of a wispy kind of insect or butterfly, and I feel like it has the largest eyes (bug-eyed) of all the evolutions.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  7. BBtheASH

BBtheASH A Fairy Specialized Trainer

Has anybody ever figured that the butterfly bows, were put into the design not because its a bug type,
    But because butterflies fly? Hence Flying type.

8. Yveltal96

honestly that is what i was thinking as soon as i saw it

9. ToasterBrains

ToasterBrains Ghost Tamer

That's certainly an option. But, if Sylveon is, in fact, Normal, what if it evolved from Eevee through leveling up?
    Holding an item! What if Silph Co. or something similar made a DNA stabilizer hold item that allowed Eevee to level up normally?
    That's certainly something that hasn't been done yet.

Though using something like a moon stone (which evolves Clefairy, the Fairy Pokemon, which is important because Sylveon's name alludes to nymphs and fairies and stuff), or maybe even the dawn stone, or a new stone altogether... As of right now, it's a waiting game.

10. BBtheASH

BBtheASH A Fairy Specialized Trainer

Good.
    I seriously don't understand how people can see a butterfly bow, and immediatley think Sylveon is a bug...like what the....no...
    I'm almost positive Sylveon is a flying type, and its not that hard to find reasons as to why she would be one, in these forums..
    So by now it goes without saying.

11. Kurry

Kurry Well-Known Member

Would be sorely disappointed if Sylveon turns out to be normal type. Or any known type for that matter. Talk about underwhelming. But judging by its looks I can't see anything else other than a normal type. I suppose the theories about it being flying could be true but... I'm not too convinced. Grr.. early prerelease months are always the worst. -.-

12. Yveltal96

yeah i never got that reasoning either
    i mean i really want a bug eeveelution but that doesn't even look remotely close to what i pictured a bug eeveelution to look like

13. DinoKing

DinoKing Burn...

While he can rip teams apart, it require some set up before it can wreak things, so no, it not really overpowered.

14. ToasterBrains

ToasterBrains Ghost Tamer

I can say this: If it's not Normal or Flying, and it's a new type altogether, I'm crossing my fingers that it isn't "Light".

15. Kurry

Kurry Well-Known Member

I don't exactly support the idea of a "Light" type myself, but I would like to see the number of actual types in the Pokemon universe expand.

16. Ace of Shades

Ace of Shades Well-Known Member

"Pure" type.............................

17. Pokemon Robot

Pokemon Robot Fighting n Steel ftw

I'm pretty sure everyone ignored my idea, so I'll say it again.
    Teddiursa/Ursaring are fine, but what about an evolution for Spinda?

18. Onyx Tanuki

Onyx Tanuki Very very dramatical

I'm seeing a few people speculating on multiple pokemon who are similar (such as Plusle and Minun or Volbeat and Illumise) evolving from their base forms into a single pokemon regardless of which of the previous pokemon it was, but I'd like to see something in the reverse happen: a pokemon that, in its initial form, is a composite, then when it "evolves" it splits up into multiple pokemon? We've already seen a similar means of evolution in Shedinja, which pops into one of your spare pokeballs if you have room when Nincada becomes Ninjask. I'd say this would follow a similar mechanic.

For example, it could be a Psychic/Ghost composed of three spirits that, when it evolves, become too powerful for the psychic bonds holding them together to keep doing so, giving you, for example, a Fighting/Ghost, Ghost/Flying, and pure Ghost. If your party's full, it'll pick one of those spirits to evolve into at random, but if you have two or three slots open and two or three spare pokeballs, you'll receive the additional pokemon in your party (either two at random or all three). Each of these pokemon would be weaker than the initial Psychic/Ghost form, but also have an additional evolution that'd increase their stats to be on par with the composite on their own. Basically, you'd have the choice to not evolve them or evolve them fully, and either option would yield something that's competitively equal to the other option.

Another evolution method might be letting the pokemon die. It would attempt to evolve either after the battle in which it fainted or when it is revived. For example, a Ground type opossum pokemon that, when it's Fainted in battle and allowed to remain so, would evolve into a Ground/Ghost type.

One pokemon I'd also like to see get an evolution: Castform. It's a novel concept, but I think it could do to evolve into a new pokemon based on what weather moves it has by a certain level. It'd be similar to Wormadam or Rotom; its multiple forms would vary in type, but all be the same species. For example, Hail would make it Ice, Sunny Day would make it Fire, Sandstorm would make it Rock, Rain Dance would make it Water/Thunder. Or it might retain its Normal typing and add a type, resulting in Normal/Ice, Normal/Fire, Normal/Rock, and Normal/Water.

19. Pokemon Robot

Pokemon Robot Fighting n Steel ftw

Not to be the bearer of bad news, but I already mentioned an evolution for Castform (Spiritform) awhile ago

20. Ace of Shades

Ace of Shades Well-Known Member

I would like Minun to become something division based then become something square/cube/etc. roots based. Then Plusle to become something multiplication based and then something based on exponents.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.