• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
And there is no evidence that they aren't going to introduce a new type

how about the fact that a new type has been speculated for years and it has never happened and a new type is unnecessary and serebii.net nor any other credible source has ever even mentioned the possibility of a new type? is that enough evidence for you?

how about the fact that a new type has been speculated for years and it has never happened and a new type is unnecessary and serebii.net nor any other credible source has ever even mentioned the possibility of a new type? is that enough evidence for you?

It may have been speculated, but there's still nothing holding them back from making one. It may not be Light, but it can be anything else that they want.

ToasterBrains

Ghost Tamer

How would Serebii know if there was going to be a new type or not?
We don't even know the types of 3 out of the 6 revealed GenVI Pokemon. Serebii hasn't mentioned the possibility of Sylveon being Normal or Flying either, has it? Correct me if I'm wrong. That doesn't make it impossible.

Don't get me wrong (a phrase I've been using a lot today), I don't want Sylveon to be "Light". But don't totally discount it because it hasn't been mentioned by trustworthy sources.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
For all we know, it could be Dragon type (so lobbying for this!)
I noticed that I have a lot of reasons for it to be Dragon.

Theres also many reasons for it being Bug
And Flying
And Normal
And Ghost

Slyveon is just confusing, alright?

ABSOLute Zer0

Dragon Trainer
The game makers can do whatever they please. Just because they didn't add a new type before doesn't mean they can't. Right now, there is no evidence that proves nor disproves that there will be a new type or not. Perhaps they are adding a new type because the fans have been asking?

Personally, as much as I'd like it and have speculation that Sylveon will be a new type, I do have my doubts. And in all honestly, I think they could still balance out the type chart a bit more. Fighting is way too overpowered. Grass has too many weaknesses. Poison is too underpowered.. and I personally think Psychic is too. So making a new type (such as light) strong against Fighting, and weak to Grass, Poison, and Psychic would benefit the types a lot imo.

Ace of Shades

Oh they haven't done it in a while? Doesn't mean they can't do it now. Who are you to say it is unnecessary, you're not Gamefreak if they want to add a type they will. So some fansites now no everything about the future of the Pokemon series? thanks for that info.

ToasterBrains

Ghost Tamer
For all we know, it could be Dragon type (so lobbying for this!)
I noticed that I have a lot of reasons for it to be Dragon.

Theres also many reasons for it being Bug
And Flying
And Normal
And Ghost

Slyveon is just confusing, alright?
When I first saw Sylveon, I was hoping it would be Dragon.
In fact, the only special type not yet a Eeveelution is Dragon.
So this will either be dragon and complete the special type list, or it will break the pattern.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
There would need to be reasons for such effectiveness on Light type. They can't be for made up reason. The type effectivness is very thought out and not created on a whim.

ie. Fire melts Steel
Grass absorbs Water
Ground neutralizes Poison
so on and so forth

I personally do not want a Light type, and I don't think that would be implemented. Think of how many Pokemon would need retyped. I think they're more concerned about making 3D models of over 700 Pokemon than retyping Pokemon....

stevencloser

There would need to be reasons for such effectiveness on Light type. They can't be for made up reason. The type effectivness is very thought out and not created on a whim.

ie. Fire melts Steel
Grass absorbs Water
Ground neutralizes Poison
so on and so forth

I personally do not want a Light type, and I don't think that would be implemented. Think of how many Pokemon would need retyped. I think they're more concerned about making 3D models of over 700 Pokemon than retyping Pokemon....

They took away the super effectiveness of poison over Bug even though there's pesticides. Also it could be SE to fighting since Fighters don't really have anything to protect themselves from being poisoned. Or make Psychic not SE to it, why is it in the first place?

Nyter

Island Challenger
I'm just gonna stir some more here and say maybe Sylveon might be what we were all waiting for... a LIGHT type.

Bash away :D

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
They took away the super effectiveness of poison over Bug even though there's pesticides. Also it could be SE to fighting since Fighters don't really have anything to protect themselves from being poisoned. Or make Psychic not SE to it, why is it in the first place?

It could be based off the phrase "mind over matter" or the popular though of Brains beating Brawns

Poison might've lost its effectiveness on Bug the same reason why pesticides might not work on bugs due to immunity? IDK but a lot of bugs are Bug/Poison anyway, soo.....

ebevan91

everything was going so well before sylveon was mentioned *groan*

at this point, i think it's normal or flying. i don't really care, though. but I get annoyed with 2 things:

•when people say they would hate for sylveon to be a normal type: it's a good possibility. get used to it. and don't come bashing sylveon in this thread if it's revealed to be normal, because ain't nobody got time to read that

•when people say it will probably be light or another type: no, it will most likely not be light. there is no evidence to support that “Pokemon" is introducing a new type. if you think there is a good possibility that it could be a light-type Pokemon, then you're not using your logic

I don't like how this thread has grown by like 300 pages just because of Sylveon. Imagine if they announced every Pokemon at once.

Abysmal Zero

Burninating
Good.
I seriously don't understand how people can see a butterfly bow, and immediatley think Sylveon is a bug...like what the....no...
I'm almost positive Sylveon is a flying type, and its not that hard to find reasons as to why she would be one, in these forums..
So by now it goes without saying.

That's not necessarily true--the only thing we're sure it's not is water, electric, fire, psychic, dark, ice, or grass. To say that Sylveon is, without a doubt, flying, is not actually possible right now. Sylveon could be bug. It could be flying. It could be a new massive-sugar-bubblegum-sticky-monsters-of-death type.

The fact is, the butterfly bow = bug is as big a stretch right now as the people who say ribbons flapping in wind = flying. Which could just be an artistically dynamic pose that they chose to draw to show off Sylveon.

ToasterBrains

Ghost Tamer
I'm just gonna stir some more here and say maybe Sylveon might be what we were all waiting for... a LIGHT type.

Bash away :D

This is a tired topic. Let's talk about something less worn out.

What do you guys think a good legendary trio would be for this generation?

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
idk how serebii.net does it, but they're always on top of the most recent, factual news, so yes, i think we would've heard something. I'm not even the one who started saying that new types are unnecessary; people in this thread have made good points that our current 17-type system balances out well. and think about this: new types were last added in Gen II and it's been argued that it was to fix the uber psychic-type and other reasons. if they wanted to.add a new type, then they would've done back then, immediately after Gen I.

and yes, it's important to note that trustworthy sources HAVE NOT mentioned new types. when people speculate that Sylveon is normal or flying or dragon or whatever, it's okay because we can all agree that Sylveon HAS to be SOME type. but when you start to make up Pokemon types, then it gets a bit ridiculous. there is no evidence for your made-up types. people did it with reshiram, too. light types has been nothing but a rumor for years. it's fake. i can logically speculate that Sylveon will be a normal-type because there is evidence that Sylveon is a real Pokemon (as confirmed by Serebii.net) and there is evidence that normal-type is a real type. but there is NO evidence that light-type is nothing more than a rumor. i do think there could possibly be new types someday, but I'm not gonna.say illogical stuff like “it will probably be a light type". it's just illogical

DarkManager

Toxic Trainer

And Light-Type need to be related(effectiveness) to Poison and Ice.
Both on the Type-chart are the most weak types. (Ice only resist itself and Poison is super effective against only one type)

stevencloser

It could be based off the phrase "mind over matter" or the popular though of Brains beating Brawns

Poison might've lost its effectiveness on Bug the same reason why pesticides might not work on bugs due to immunity? IDK but a lot of bugs are Bug/Poison anyway, soo.....

Brains over Brawn is Psychic > Fighting.
But yeah I'd like to see poison SE versus grass (herbicides), bugs (insectizides) and fighting (mostly humanoid, therefore, well poison)
And oh god grass types. Only super effective against 3 types, 2 of which are already weak against water, aka the most common type of them all, and the third is water itself where almost all water types can learn ice type moves which are in turn SE against grass. Also NVE against 7 types, 5 types are SE against them...
Grass just isn't that great of a type and could use SOME help there. I don't know what, best I can think of is making it SE against electric since wood doesn't conduct electricity. And electric only has 1 weakness anyway, which also is BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.