• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurningWhiteKyurem

it also could be a physical attack
you have no proof it is a special attack either

I just showed you a breakdown of 4 frames where the energy making contact with Hariyama deteriorates into nothing, with no signifier of some kind of physical contact towards Hariyama. That's pretty damning evidence to argue that it isn't physical.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
In case you guys are hesitant, you can speculate about Sylveon's moves and type in this thread.
However, general speculation about "Possible New Types" should be done in the Gameplay thread.

Yveltal96

A little more human
I just showed you a breakdown of 4 frames where the energy making contact with Hariyama deteriorates into nothing, with no signifier of some kind of physical contact towards Hariyama. That's pretty damning evidence to argue that it isn't physical.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRLZUuuAjvzAoDW8xsUQH6hBzi8lHbeQjgP2eGdKjdy6lpy7WBYA
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSpHf6CPSrVSrovAqTgV-WnDEKQNhaoLZL_DEJQ5RyG2QdpOmRM
two pieces of evidence is all i need
observe
it is double edge

RzK

Meow
well stop being a mod
the move relates to us figuring out his type
and since you aren't a mod you don't have the authority to tell us what we can or can't talk about anyways even though it is completely relevant to the topic
All right, all right. I'm not a mod, I just made a suggestion.

@Xerneas96: Yeah, it does seem to be. What do you think about a common pre-evo for Pinsir and Heracross?

Yveltal96

A little more human

@Xerneas96: Yeah, it does seem to be. What do you think about a common pre-evo for Pinsir and Heracross?

i didn't mean to get on your back about that
it's just you could get in trouble for that
no hard feelings
and being a huge fan of bug types, it would be awesome to see them get a common prevo
it doesn't happen enough in my opinion and if they got one i would be happy

xerneas96

RES Lover

I think an egyptian scarab type thing would be pretty cool but hard to do considering their stats but it could work I guess if you used a stone to evolve it into one or the other

Yveltal96

A little more human
Not very good evidence imo.

But hey, I could be wrong thinking the move is special.~

i used to be fairly convinced that it was a special move
i was thinking focus blast
but the reason why i am now thinking that it is double edge is because the animation is similar to double edge in the anime and it starts to relate more to red and blue
also i am not sure if anyone else looked as i suggested but when he "launches" the attack look very closely
as the orb is building up, his legs tuck into the orb before he launches

BurningWhiteKyurem

Your evidence doesn't prove anything. Just because you can argue that you think it's Double-Edge, doesn't mean that it is absolute (hence why I said it could be a special attack considering that GF can and will surprise us). Additionally, it doesn't ensure that the graphics are similar in any regard whatsoever.

From the earlier trailer, there's a photo of a Pokemon using Aerial Ace. Why would GameFreak not keep some of the same graphics and background from Gen V's double-edge? (considering that Aerial Ace kept the similar graphics and background, at least some of us would know that it's Double-Edge at least). Plus it's a more powerful tackle..there is NO signifier of a kind of physical contact towards Hariyama...The energy deteriorates into nothingness. You didn't provide any argument to disprove any of what I've said, only absolute rebuttals which did not prove nor argue anything.

Last edited:

RzK

Meow
i didn't mean to get on your back about that
it's just you could get in trouble for that
no hard feelings
and being a huge fan of bug types, it would be awesome to see them get a common prevo
it doesn't happen enough in my opinion and if they got one i would be happy
Thanks and no problem. Do you think we'll get a new Eeveelution besides Sylveon? They have always come in pairs, since Johto.

I am talking to Xerneas96 as well as Yveltal96. Wow.

Last edited:

Yveltal96

A little more human
Thanks and no problem. Do you think we'll get a new Eeveelution besides Sylveon? They have always come in pairs, since Johto.

i am hoping so
considering every time one of them has an advantage or disadvantage over the other, ones i think are highly likely is a rock, fighting, or bug
(let me know if i am missing any other possibilities lol)
but i have wanted a bug eeveelution since gen II it would be really cool because he would already have an advantage over three of the other eeveelutions

stevencloser

ok first off why does bug need ANOTHER weakness?
also i thought u were talking about light helping out the types that need the help
and even so light isn't going to help poison and ice much at all
once again it wouldn't help out thee type chart so it would just be a gimmick therefor i am not interested and it wouldn't happen
Okay, maybe not bug. It was just the most obvious choice.
With the extra type, I was going at it in the same way Steel type helped weaken Psychic by resisting it, only turned the other way around, making the new type weak against the type that doesn't have much types it is SE against. And for Ice making it resist the new type to give it another type it resists. (Plus some extra that could make sense.) And the new type would/should be SE against some of the more powerful types to nerf them a bit. So you can't use the formerly strongest types against this new one, but the formerly weakest types will be better against it.
That balances at least a bit for usefulness. And it's not only the types themselves but also attacks from that type. Lord knows I have much more problems training Psychic types since GenII because every other pokemon knows bite or another dark move. If there's a new type with damaging attacks that are strong against the types considered strongest, it will nerf them that way. If types that are considered weakest resist it, it will boost them.

Bueno~

Brazilian Trainer
Not only his legs disappears when the orb is building up, but the "charging" animation is centered on the Pokemon itself, and not on its mouth, for exemple. That's physical evidence.
The fact that it's Double-Edge becomes more clear with a Gif that someone posted here many many pages ago.

xerneas96

RES Lover
Your evidence doesn't prove anything. Just because you can argue that you think it's Double-Edge, doesn't mean that it is absolute (hence why I said it could be a special attack considering that GF can and will surprise us). Additionally, it doesn't ensure that the graphics are similar in any regard whatsoever.

From the earlier trailer, there's a photo of a Pokemon using Aerial Ace. Why would GameFreak not keep some of the same graphics and background from Gen V's double-edge? (considering that Aerial Ace kept the similar graphics and background, at least some of us would know that it's Double-Edge at least). Plus it's a more powerful tackle..there is NO signifier of a kind of physical contact towards Hariyama...The energy deteriorates into nothingness. You didn't provide any argument to disprove any of what I've said, only absolute rebuttals which did not prove nor argue anything.

Cool nice opinion, how about you two just respect eachothers and stop arguing about whether it's going to be a physical or special attack or the type. The type of the attack doesn't determine what kind of attacker it is or the type. Pokemon can learn moves that aren't their type and also ones that don't reflect their best attacking stat. I know it's a shocker

Yveltal96

A little more human
Not only his legs disappears when the orb is building up, but the "charging" animation is centered on the Pokemon itself, and not on its mouth, for exemple. That's physical evidence.
The fact that it's Double-Edge becomes more clear with a Gif that someone posted here many many pages ago.

kinda like how sky attack works
i forgot to mention that thanks lol

xerneas96

RES Lover

RzK

Meow
I haven't even seen the footage so I can't say what move it is, but judging by these images, i must say it reminds me of gen 5 double edge and sky attack. But it could be anything...
Wow, Xerneas96 and Yveltal96.

Nyter

Island Challenger
Someone asked "what would be a good legendary trio for this 6th generation" and then...
Three Light Type Pokemon :D
Who are you? Idgaf cause I love you already!

Well I think my theory is right, every even numbered generation has evos and pre-evos of
Previous Pokemon . Generation 2 brought the likes of Blissey, Scizor, Elekid, etc.

3rd generation (altho it brought Azurill and Wynaut) really had mainly new Pokemon unrelated to previous ones.

4th generation had so many evos and pre-evos to previous like Bonsly, Weavile, Electivire, Yanmega, etc.

5th generation had NO RELATION to any of the previous Pokemon at all.

So here we are at 6th and I believe this generation will have many relatives of previous ones.
I don't believe however that there will be evolutions to previous single stage or final stage pokemon because that would throw off the eviolite factor. Game Freak makes sure there is a reasonable explanation for how they evolve or how they factor in evolution that doesn't completely change from one generation to the next.

The most they will do is pre-evo a lot of previous Pokemon or branch em to other evolutions like they did Slowpoke and Poliwhirl to still make the eviolite factor valid from one generation to the next. Hopefully Gamefreak makes better bulky pre-evos of Pokemon to make eviolite monstrous.

Oh yeah and Light/Pure types ftw! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.