• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

adl222

last generation we got alot of bug pokemon with cool new type combinations.

i hope this generation we get better grass and ice pokemon. they arent the best, some new type combinations could make them better.

ToasterBrains

Ghost Tamer
Because I don't like them.

And no. It'd be Bug/Poison. No need for Steel.

Every time I read your cries against Bug Pokemon I read them in Misty's voice.

Sorry to bring this up, but in regards to rumors, I think Pokemon based on the card suites would be fantastic.

I'm really concerned about the new Water Pokemon, Unova's Water Pokemon didn't really sparkle an interest in my heart. I like the ones that were revealed, but I didn't fall in love with them. So, I'm hoping we'll get some interesting Water Pokemon this Generation.

Bearcubxox

Sorry to bring this up, but in regards to rumors, I think Pokemon based on the card suites would be fantastic.

lol I do the same...

And I think it could work but it would need to be like a male a female version I think, the male is Clubs - Ace and the female Diamond - Hearts... I say this because theres no other way to get all 4 in there really lol ^^;

As long as we get a few good grass types, one good flying type and at least one good water type pokemon, Ill be happy. Oh! and as long as they don't make Chespin evolve into a defending quadruped as well... Those are me "must haves" list for gen VI to be as good as I want it to be :-3

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I'm really concerned about the new Water Pokemon, Unova's Water Pokemon didn't really sparkle an interest in my heart. I like the ones that were revealed, but I didn't fall in love with them. So, I'm hoping we'll get some interesting Water Pokemon this Generation.

Same here... maybe because it was just another Jellyfish with a twist, and a pink sunfish that looks like a Luvdisc-evo. And probably because Basculin didn't have an evo.

Give us a dolphin, a different kind of shark, shrimp, sea urchin, mussel, or a plankton.
Lionfish, Flying Fish, Clownfish, Angelfish, Koi, Trout, Tuna, Sardine, Salmon, etc...

Bus

Man, that Mr. XY guy really is pumping out these 'rumours' pretty constantly; it almost scares me into thinking it's true lol. Still not holding too much faith in it.

I get that alot...xD

But I agree with Yoko and Wulava. I hope we get interesting Water Pokes.

RogueLapras

Water Gym Leader

Agreed!! I love training Water Pokemon. I didn't really like Unova's Water Pokemon either. Jellicent was ok because it was a Ghost hybrid, but imo it could have looked better. I'm hoping for some cool generation 6 Water Pokemon!

Räven Velish

black lives matter
Agreed!! I love training Water Pokemon. I didn't really like Unova's Water Pokemon either. Jellicent was ok because it was a Ghost hybrid, but imo it could have looked better. I'm hoping for some cool generation 6 Water Pokemon!

In my opinion, Samurott was the best starter in Unova, and Carracosta had one of the best designs in Unova. Jellicent was okay, but everything else was bull.

Who wants a Basculin Evolution and a Lapras Pre-evolution? *wildly raises his hand*
I would love to see a Pokemon based of a... hmm, I actually don't have any ideas...

DarkSword39

Heehouhouhouhou!
Last Generation's Waters weren't very good, in my opinion.
They better get new and good Water-Types this time around.
GameFreak has to go back to basics with Water-Types.

RogueLapras

Water Gym Leader
In my opinion, Samurott was the best starter in Unova, and Carracosta had one of the best designs in Unova. Jellicent was okay, but everything else was bull.

Who wants a Basculin Evolution and a Lapras Pre-evolution? *wildly raises his hand*
I would love to see a Pokemon based of a... hmm, I actually don't have any ideas...

Carracosta was ok I guess. I liked Tirtouga's design better. Carracosta looks like it should be battling Godzilla lol. I didn't care for Basculin but a pre-evolution or evolution for it would be ok. And don't get me started on Lapras! I have been hoping for a baby form or evolution since generation 1.

A Pokemon based on a Mermaid/Merman/Siren would be a cool Water Pokemon in my opinion.

Last Generation's Waters weren't very good, in my opinion.
They better get new and good Water-Types this time around.
GameFreak has to go back to basics with Water-Types.

I know! I am hoping for some cool Water types this time. It doesn't matter if they are OU rank as long as they look cool! (But OU rank would be a plus lol).

I want to see a cool looking Panda, Red Panda, Snow Owl, a Willow tree, etc.

Since Water is my favorite type, something like this would be on my mind a lot.
Same here... maybe because it was just another Jellyfish with a twist, and a pink sunfish that looks like a Luvdisc-evo. And probably because Basculin didn't have an evo.

Give us a dolphin, a different kind of shark, shrimp, sea urchin, mussel, or a plankton.
Lionfish, Flying Fish, Clownfish, Angelfish, Koi, Trout, Tuna, Sardine, Salmon, etc...

Now, those are some interesting choices. I wouldn't say not to an angelfish, since we have Lanturn, but it's pretty funny how such a deadly animal can be transformed into such a cute Pokemon.

I am not too concerned about water pokemon. While Unova had few, Water is still the largest of the groups with 111 pokemon with the typing.

What I really want to see is more Ice pokemon, it is the third smallest type, with only 29 pokemon. Unlike Dragon and Ghost, which I see as legendary/mythical, I see no good reason for so few Ice pokemon.

ToasterBrains

Ghost Tamer
I think you meant ANGLERfish. ANGELfish are different.

Yes.

Angelfish are small and pretty and anglerfish are considered really ugly fish.
An angelfish is a good concept for a Pokemon, but I can't help but shake the feeling that there is already one and I forgot about it.

Spirit Kitsune

Yes.

Angelfish are small and pretty and anglerfish are considered really ugly fish.
An angelfish is a good concept for a Pokemon, but I can't help but shake the feeling that there is already one and I forgot about it.

Closest thing I can think of to an angelfish is Lumineon, though I'm not sure if its based on one or not.

ToasterBrains

Ghost Tamer
Closest thing I can think of to an angelfish is Lumineon, though I'm not sure if its based on one or not.

Bulbapedia says that's a butterfly fish, but close enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.