• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mm, exactly. But, as CoroCoro stated before, they aren'r ALWAYS going to release on the official date, nor are they ALWAYS going to have information that people want. But, we can hope.

shytende

I will just let this article here.
Everyone of these animals should become a pokemon. Especially the Piglett Squid.

EDIt : Actually, Woobat, and arguably Sandshrew already are in.

Last edited:

T-Bolt

Electrifying.
this.

Having that many info when the games are still 8-7 months away from getting released seems a bit way too farfetch'd.
The amount of info implies that the games are ready to be released, say, in 1-2 or at most 3 months from now. Not 7 months.

To be honest, if I'm an insider, or at least someone who can access inside info, I won't release that many info right now, because I should already know it's still possible that there will be changes within those 7 months. A lot of things can happen within 7 months.
The safest time to release that many info is in 2 or 1 month before the game's release, where the carts are most likely already in the packing process, which means there will be no further changes.

Remember Weavile and Bonsly got leaked even before the spinoff games were released for Gen 3

GF probably has teams working on creating new pokemon all the time. So, considering that the X and Y versions have already been announced, its quite possible that most of the game has already been developed.

I'm not saying i believe Mr XY's rumours. That guy's probably releasing all this stuff quickly so that he gets some recognition before the next trailer's released and its proven that his rumours are fake.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
I just hope the upcoming CoroCoro shows one or two new Pokémon. It's gotten a little tiresome reading about what types the existing Pkmn will be/what the starters will be when they evolve. Just round in circles...

RzK

Meow
Remember Weavile and Bonsly got leaked even before the spinoff games were released for Gen 3

GF probably has teams working on creating new pokemon all the time. So, considering that the X and Y versions have already been announced, its quite possible that most of the game has already been developed.

I'm not saying i believe Mr XY's rumours. That guy's probably releasing all this stuff quickly so that he gets some recognition before the next trailer's released and its proven that his rumours are fake.

Not even leaked they even Appeared in the games. I think Bonsly in XD, Munchlax in Dash and Lucario, Weavile in Mystery Dungeon. I think the games are 90 per cent complete and they are simply adding finishing touches. As for Mr XY he has sealed his fate for march 15. I remember reading somewhere that BW started development shortly after DP were released and B2W2 development started after Platinum. Even XY have been in development since a long time, remember? TPCi got the 3DS devkits wayback even before BW were announced, as far as I remember...
On topic: i would like it if some old gen starters would be available in the wild. Been thinking about this a lot lately...

adamfitz

poké-lover
I would hate gen starters to be obtainable in the wild... Sorry but that's just me.

I would like a whole new regional Dex just like black and white
Although I don't mind really

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I would prefer having someone give them to us like the previous games.

I doubt Gen 3 and Gen 5 starters will be given though.
We just had BW/B2W2. And they could save the Gen 3 starters for a future game.

By BW regional Dex, do you mean just completely new Pokemon?
Sylveon already broke that. Eevee will be part of the regional dex.

master3019

Me gusta Flygon
What if X and Y remade the National dex? I saw the idea somewhere and thought it would be nice. Maybe with e.g. Braviary near the front or e.g. Miltank near the end? Just a thought

Bariokie

rock dog
I would hate gen starters to be obtainable in the wild... Sorry but that's just me.

I don't think that X and Y will be like red/blue/yellow and black and white

RzK

Meow
Personally, I wouldn't like a complete reboot every generation, with a dex full of completely new creatures every time. I'm okay with it being after 1-2 gens like it happened in hoenn and unova. It feels like a fresh start then.

Doesn't matter... Every human being has their own, different opinion, right?

Everlasting

Everything stays.

I agree. Starters are unique since the first game (except for Yellow version, wich was like the anime, but I don't think we can count this), and I hope it will stay like this. Starters, as their name tell it, are to start a journey, a new adventure. If you want all the starters, you have the chance to trade it, so guys, do not complain it.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
What if X and Y remade the National dex? I saw the idea somewhere and thought it would be nice. Maybe with e.g. Braviary near the front or e.g. Miltank near the end? Just a thought

I don't think they will change that.
The National Dex is meant to list Pokemon by generation, in order. To have Braviary before Miltank, that would be confusing especially to those new to the series.

master3019

Me gusta Flygon
I don't think they will change that.
The National Dex is meant to list Pokemon by generation, in order. To have Braviary before Miltank, that would be confusing especially to those new to the series.

Just examples. I can't find the thread that it was, I just thought it was something interesting. The national dex we have now makes more sense, and is a lot neater, more organized, simpler, etc.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue

Why would they change National Dex for that reason? I don't find it necessary. I would understand if they wanted to put the evolutionary chains all together, though.

(...)
#023 Ekans
#024 Arbok
#025 Pichu
#026 Pikachu
#027 Raichu
(...)

ToasterBrains

Ghost Tamer
I will just let this article here.
Everyone of these animals should become a pokemon. Especially the Piglett Squid.

EDIt : Actually, Woobat, and arguably Sandshrew already are in.
Thanks for the link! I was going to say that the pangolin could make some sort of cool Rock/Dragon, but Sandshrew is already in...
A velvet ant could make an excellent new Bug though.

Lightning Dragon

LIGHTNING FLIGHT!!!!
Pinsir is a kuwagatamushi (stag beetle), while Heracross is a kabutomushi (rhinoceros beetle).

Kuwagata + Kabuto is a very common pairing in Japan.

Crapness. I thought Heracross was the Stag Beetle o_e looks like I mixed my bugs up.

Thanks for clarifying the species.

Besides the fact I screwed on the species, what type of bug is Karrablast, Escalvier, and.... Accelagor (I think) The clarifycation for them? I know Shellmet is some sort of.... snail. But it's not a real snail >_>

Anyway, a Unicorn and Pegasus would be epic.

adamfitz

poké-lover
Sorry I didn't clarify that I wanted the Dex to be LIKE black and white
with few exception like eevee for example, just not too much I'd rather see a majority of new Pokemon everywhere.

Also moths are my favorite of all bugs!
Really hoping we get a nice elegant one
Volcarona was amazing and I loved it, hope we can get somthing similar, somewhat like mrxy's rumored stain glass ice moth. I would love it...
I'd also love a lace moth, with detail and frills wings like doyles.

Yveltal96

A little more human
Sorry I didn't clarify that I wanted the Dex to be LIKE black and white
with few exception like eevee for example, just not too much I'd rather see a majority of new Pokemon everywhere.

Also moths are my favorite of all bugs!
Really hoping we get a nice elegant one
Volcarona was amazing and I loved it, hope we can get somthing similar, somewhat like mrxy's rumored stain glass ice moth. I would love it...
I'd also love a lace moth, with detail and frills wings like doyles.

that sounds really cool
didn't read that part
i think an ice/bug stain glass moth would be really cool
horrible defensively but cool

Status
Not open for further replies.