• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I didn't clarify that I wanted the Dex to be LIKE black and white
with few exception like eevee for example, just not too much I'd rather see a majority of new Pokemon everywhere.

Also moths are my favorite of all bugs!
Really hoping we get a nice elegant one
Volcarona was amazing and I loved it, hope we can get somthing similar, somewhat like mrxy's rumored stain glass ice moth. I would love it...
I'd also love a lace moth, with detail and frills wings like doyles.

Exactly, I like moths. I pick mt bugs based on design and sometimes power. Alot of them don't fall in. Venomoth, Volcarona, Scolipede, Levanny, and Dustox are basically the only bugs I like and use. More moths would be nice. Do they have regional moth Pokemon? I don't recall if they do.

Lightning Dragon

LIGHTNING FLIGHT!!!!
Sorry I didn't clarify that I wanted the Dex to be LIKE black and white
with few exception like eevee for example, just not too much I'd rather see a majority of new Pokemon everywhere.

Also moths are my favorite of all bugs!
Really hoping we get a nice elegant one
Volcarona was amazing and I loved it, hope we can get somthing similar, somewhat like mrxy's rumored stain glass ice moth. I would love it...
I'd also love a lace moth, with detail and frills wings like doyles.

Ain't there only one moth known in the Pokémon world?

And my favorite bug is Caterpillars/Beetles/Butterflies

Rapidash is a Unicorn. People want an evo for Rapidash that would turn into a Pegasus. It's been discussed before.

WHAAAAT?!?!? How come I never noticed Rapidash was one?! Damn younger self 4 years ago.. *Mumbles*

And I wasn't in this thread before hand, so I blame my lack if knolege. /Horrible spelling.

Yveltal96

A little more human
Exactly, I like moths. I pick mt bugs based on design and sometimes power. Alot of them don't fall in. Venomoth, Volcarona, Scolipede, Levanny, and Dustox are basically the only bugs I like and use. More moths would be nice. Do they have regional moth Pokemon? I don't recall if they do.

scolipede did have a really awesome design
i hope they make another bug similar to him this gen
in the bug club we also discussed a dark/bug possibility
we came up with a few different ideas
one is like a beetle with scythes that has ink come out of them
another was a tick that had an ability to drain health whenever it deals physical damage
and that tick would evolve into the vampire moth

No, there are alot of moths. Mothim, Venomoth, Dustox (I believe), Volcarona. And I believe Masquerain is a moth too...

Last edited:

adamfitz

poké-lover
Well they have regional bug, it could be a butterfly or moth
But we have levanny and beedrill .....
So I Dont know

If like to see a masqurainn evolution, could be a beautiful moth...

Last edited:

ToasterBrains

Ghost Tamer
Crapness. I thought Heracross was the Stag Beetle o_e looks like I mixed my bugs up.

Thanks for clarifying the species.

Besides the fact I screwed on the species, what type of bug is Karrablast, Escalvier, and.... Accelagor (I think) The clarifycation for them? I know Shellmet is some sort of.... snail. But it's not a real snail >_>
According to Bulbapedia:
"Karrablast and Escavalier seem to be based on the Japanese Snail-eating Beetle (damaster blaptoides) or the maimaikaburi due the fact they feed on snails and having a elongated head/thorax allowing it to get right up into the snail shell".
"Shelmet appears to be based on a combination of a giant tube worm, nautilus, or snail, and plate armor."
"Accelgor appears to be based on an auto racer or a ninja, combined with a giant tube worm. Its cloth-like "clothing" and Bug typing may mean it may also be based on the bagworm pupa."

Yveltal96

A little more human
Well they have regional bug, it could be a butterfly or moth
But we have levanny and beedrill .....
So I Dont know

If like to see a masqurainn evolution, could be a beautiful moth...

speaking of their design
i hope we get another bug with a design similar to scizor or leavanny
i really like their designs

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Rapidash is a Unicorn. People want an evo for Rapidash that would turn into a Pegasus. It's been discussed before.

If it evolves into a Pegasus it would lose its horn in exchange of wings. I personally prefer Rapidash to evolve into a pegacorn instead. Keeps the horn, but it also gains wings.

Lightning Dragon

LIGHTNING FLIGHT!!!!
If it evolves into a Pegasus it would lose its horn in exchange of wings. I personally prefer Rapidash to evolve into a pegacorn instead. Keeps the horn, but it also gains wings.

There we go. Like the Falcon Knight in FE./shot

Now, the Pegacorn would be awesome :D but Rapid ash /Whatever would be Fire/Flying.

Yeah, same here. That would be beautiful. I'd actually like to see it's wings made of fire if possable. Or, instead of regular fire, blue fire. More...mystical.

adamfitz

poké-lover

I remember doing fan art of rapid ash evolving with wings,
Pegdasha
It was plain white with firey wings and mane
Its horn grew longer and curled slihtly and had a reddish pink hue
The legs became elongated and no longer has a tail
Because its wings fold on its back and extend over its rear.
Fire also extends from above its eyes closing backward
Flames were a very bright color or red,orange and yellow

GDK

There we go. Like the Falcon Knight in FE./shot

Now, the Pegacorn would be awesome :D but Rapid ash /Whatever would be Fire/Flying.

It's alicorn not pegacorn.
It would be nice but please fire flying type is a way to destroy any potential that pokemon has.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
It's alicorn not pegacorn.

Alicorn is the wrong term, actually. Alicorn refers to the horn of a unicorn, not a winged unicorn.

It would be nice but please fire flying type is a way to destroy any potential that pokemon has.

yeah, stupid Stealth Rock....

adamfitz

poké-lover
Alicorn is the wrong term, actually. Alicorn refers to the horn of a unicorn, not a winged unicorn.

yeah, stupid Stealth Rock....

How about the ability of magic guard?
Could help a little...
Or we could give it plain fire type with levitate ability

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Maybe, if it's wings are made from fire, it can't fly...

That makes the wings pointless. I personally prefer what adamfitz said, either give it Magic Guard ability, or pure Fire with Levitate.

That makes the wings pointless. I personally prefer what adamfitz said, either give it Magic Guard ability, or pure Fire with Levitate.

Now there's an idea. A fully agree with that. And, thus it's mythical appearance, Magic Guard would be perfect.

confuser987

Rapidash should evolve into the first fire/water pokemon. Have it be like steam comiing out along with fire, and it could float like a air balloon. :D Water represents purity. So that is the explanation for it getting a water typing.

Status
Not open for further replies.