• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
Hmm, I do wonder what they'll reveal for Sylveon, and like R_N said, will be most likely be partaining to the short. Looking back at BW's Third CoroCoro issue, they showed off some Pokemon and the regional professor, I hope they do the same for this issue. Well, right now is around the time I start F5 spamming

βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη

For those of you who are expecting a boatload of new Pokemon or even a couple should probably lower their expectations. We are still several months away from the games being released.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
About this month's CoroCoro, I'm thinking will get something like this:

-2 or 3 new Pokemon.
-Possibly a few past gen ones showcased for the regional dex.
-Sylveon's type.
-A few new screenshots.

And that's about it. They've been pretty tight lipped about the games recently, so I'm not expecting any substantial info on the games until at least May or June. Until then it's probably just going to be mainly a handful of new Pokemon per month and little else. I really hope that they stop it with only showing the new Pokemon's names and designs, it was fine with Xerneas and Yveltal because they're end game Pokemon anyway, but with Sylveon it's basically too much hype over nothing. At least give us a type, maybe some moves and abilities it might have.

R_N

For those of you who are expecting a boatload of new Pokemon or even a couple should probably lower their expectations. We are still several months away from the games being released.

and if past trends are anything to go by, the generation will be smaller, likely meaning we'll only get ~3 Pokemon a month give or take once they get that hype engine going.

GerudoPrince

Desert Glider
I think types (legends or sylveon) and region/character information would be appropriate. Any new pokemon would be a bonus.

Liltwick

and if past trends are anything to go by, the generation will be smaller, likely meaning we'll only get ~3 Pokemon a month give or take once they get that hype engine going.

I just hope we get a happy medium of Pokemon between the amount of Pokemon given to us in Gen 2 and Gen 4. Though, that does seem roughly accurate based on the trends.

Also, hoping that this gen isn't like Gen 4 with roughly 15 dex entries back to back are evolutions.

kesha140

The Little Monster
I think types (legends or sylveon) and region/character information would be appropriate. Any new pokemon would be a bonus.
I think this is a pretty good prediction as to what Coro Coro will hold this month. I don't know about you guys, but I'm really excited to see what they tell us!

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I'm not expecting too much of this CoroCoro leak either. I'm visualizing it as them starting out small, leaking 2-3 Pokemon then protagonist artwork + Mascot legendaries typings, and a new Pokemon or three. Then gradually builds more bulk until we get gym leaders and evolutions of previous leaked Pokemon.

R_N

I'm willing to bet we get even less than some people think and instead we'll get Trainer, region and stuff next month, with a preview promising a huge reveal.

Not sure what, then, to expect this month but probably not more than a page or two that's actually about XY and if it's Slyveon focused it will probably focus more on the short.

Yveltal96

A little more human
I'm willing to bet we get even less than some people think and instead we'll get Trainer, region and stuff next month, with a preview promising a huge reveal.

Not sure what, then, to expect this month but probably not more than a page or two that's actually about XY and if it's Slyveon focused it will probably focus more on the short.

well it isn't like i'm expecting anything huge
just two or three pokes is all i am praying for

βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη

Is on their FB account: https://www.facebook.com/CPokemon

Also the website their talking about his TPIC main site...how do they know this?

They're probably just speculating. The official site won't update until the 15th if there's any new information from this CoroCoro.

Agreed. I've already went through this for the last 2 generations. Actually, for 3 generations, but I'm not sure if CoroCoro provided information about Generation III Pokemon.

Last edited:

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
i'm really hoping we get three or even two new pokemon so we have something more to talk about

^ since we have nothing to talk about, how's your day?
C'mon guyeeez, you can speculate more, there are a ton of stuff to wish about.

I always dislike the "promises for big reveal next month" thing, I can't even trust those words so much nowadays since I end up being disappointed.

Pochie ~

Brazilian S♡ne
^ since we have nothing to talk about, how's your day?

LOL

But he is kind of right... I LOOOOVE rumors and all the speculation, but we have been talking about starter evolutions and Sylveon's type for like 2 months. D:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I just hope we get a happy medium of Pokemon between the amount of Pokemon given to us in Gen 2 and Gen 4. Though, that does seem roughly accurate based on the trends.

You mean between Gens 2 and 4 and Gens 1, 3, and 5? Because there's no "happy medium" there, there's literally only 7 more Pokemon in Gen 4 than Gen 2.

If that is what you mean, I agree. I'm sick of every generation falling into this stupid trend of "lots of new Pokemon, little to no new evolutions in odd gens, fewer new Pokemon, tons of new evolutions in even gens", it really gets annoying. For instance, let's say a new Pokemon gets revealed in 6th gen that just really sucks and needs a new evolution. Under this pattern, it won't get one until 8th gen. Likewise, let's say we find that there's a lack of balance 7th gen and we need more Pokemon of a particular type. With the limited amount of new families offered in even gens, 8th gen won't be able to fix this. I think they should just add whatever's necessary when it's necessary.

Liltwick

You mean between Gens 2 and 4 and Gens 1, 3, and 5? Because there's no "happy medium" there, there's literally only 7 more Pokemon in Gen 4 than Gen 2.

If that is what you mean, I agree. I'm sick of every generation falling into this stupid trend of "lots of new Pokemon, little to no new evolutions in odd gens, fewer new Pokemon, tons of new evolutions in even gens", it really gets annoying. For instance, let's say a new Pokemon gets revealed in 6th gen that just really sucks and needs a new evolution. Under this pattern, it won't get one until 8th gen. Likewise, let's say we find that there's a lack of balance 7th gen and we need more Pokemon of a particular type. With the limited amount of new families offered in even gens, 8th gen won't be able to fix this. I think they should just add whatever's necessary when it's necessary.
That is what I mean, in all honesty Gen 2 and 4 are the smaller sized gens, and don't really do anything but fix up the problems the previous gens have, well for the most part anyways. Two did do a good job in nerfing Psychic, which was absolutely broken in gen 1, but it also started to give fighting-types new power, Gen 3 was alright, nothing that was really too good or bad was added in, in all honesty. Gen 4 decided to do the Physical/Special split, while that was a really good thing, it also really screwed some Pokemon over, as most of their previous moves that were special are now physical or vice versa, and it introduced Stealth Rocks. Gen 5 decided to make Fighting-types broken as they ever could be, meaning this Gen will hopefully find some ways to nerf then, and the cycle continues on and on over again.

That's why Even and Odd gens need to be balanced out, and like you said, whenever something is necessarily it should be added in.

Yveltal96

A little more human
C'mon guyeeez, you can speculate more, there are a ton of stuff to wish about.

I always dislike the "promises for big reveal next month" thing, I can't even trust those words so much nowadays since I end up being disappointed.

ik there's tons to come up with but this is kind of a dry spell of info

ok ok you got me
the only thing i really like that mr. xy had to say was a heracross and pinsir baby
but i think he's full of crap :D

Status
Not open for further replies.