• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Nonsense

Star Glider
I'm going for the former. Hyping and speculating to the degree seen in these threads mean that fans can often overlook the obvious points, whatever they may be.

Or they try to look way too deep into it when the simplest answer is often the correct one.

King Shuckle

Don't be daft
I'm going to bank on the unpredictability of the American XY site. America Nintendo Direct was the first to get the news about it, so who knows, we MAY get exclusive news about Sylveon's type and evolution method. I can only hope the PokeDex is huge, considering that Eevee and it's evolutions take up a good chunk of it.

R_N

I'm going to bank on the unpredictability of the American XY site. America Nintendo Direct was the first to get the news about it, so who knows, we MAY get exclusive news about Sylveon's type and evolution method. I can only hope the PokeDex is huge, considering that Eevee and it's evolutions take up a good chunk of it.

People keep bringing this up, but Slyveon was set to be revealed anyway. It's not like NoA went ok let's reveal slyveon and then everyone else scrambled to do the same.

King Shuckle

Don't be daft
People keep bringing this up, but Slyveon was set to be revealed anyway. It's not like NoA went ok let's reveal slyveon and then everyone else scrambled to do the same.

I'm not saying America revealed everything first, but it this case, and because of a Worldwide release, different countries may reveal things faster and quicker than others. But of course, we may still get stuff from this issue if all the scans haven't been revealed yet. X and Y are unique for this reason.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
I'm not saying America revealed everything first, but it this case, and because of a Worldwide release, different countries may reveal things faster and quicker than others. But of course, we may still get stuff from this issue if all the scans haven't been revealed yet. X and Y are unique for this reason.

That's what I'm thinking, since its a worldwide release, it wouldn't be shocking to see new information of North American or European magazines and what not.

Froakin' Koga

In my opinion Sylveon is Feminine, non? So lets say that sylveon is eevee after eevee evolves from a Shiny Stone but only if eevee is female. In that case, GF will do what GF always does and make a male counterpart. I think that counterpart will look more like eevee and the two will be like a romantic couple.

Arcane_Sky

Permabanned
I had a dream that there is only one Eeveelution this Generation, just Sylveon. It evolves via gender but here's the crazy part: Forme Difference.

The female Sylveon is the feminine looking one while the male Sylveon is colored brown based on a classic era looking gentlemen aviator suit, instead of having a sash, it has a scarf and a ruffled collar on its neck reminiscent of the collar of a heavy coat/jacket.

The way Pokémon lingers even on my subconscious disturbs me.
19971843.gif

Räven Velish

black lives matter
I had a dream that there is only one Eeveelution this Generation, just Sylveon. It evolves via gender but here's the crazy part: Forme Difference.

The female Sylveon is the feminine looking one while the male Sylveon is colored brown based on a classic era looking gentlemen aviator suit, instead of having a sash, it has a scarf and a ruffled collar on its neck reminiscent of the collar of a heavy coat/jacket.

The way Pokémon lingers even on my subconscious disturbs me.
19971843.gif

This is an amazing idea!!!

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
All this talk about Sylveon being a female-exclusive evolution annoys me more than the type debates.

DarkSword39

Heehouhouhouhou!
All this talk about Sylveon being a female-exclusive evolution annoys me more than the type debates.
Yes!

It annoys me a lot. I hope it's a Flying-Type, but I wouldn't mind what it is.
However, If it's a Type that I'm not expecting, Ex. Rock, I would be not that happy.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I agree. I'm personally more concerned with Sylveon's design than anything else, but that's because I always put more emphasis on looks when it comes to Pokemon. I honestly don't care for stats or types or anything like that; just give me a cool-looking Pokemon and I'm set.

Chespin17

Doopliss17/TCMets17
I wonder if we're still missing pages from this month's CoroCoro. I'm not familiar with how the magazine is laid out, but there are pages missing it seems. The Mewtwo movie pages are 96 and 97. Then the Best Wishes season 2 is page 98. But then a couple pages are skipped and the Pokemon Rumble U is page 101. Again, I'm not sure if that's normal and those pages are occupied by other stuff, but I would think the Pokemon related information would be grouped together...no?

ECM

I really want to know what type Sylveon will be. I can see flying type, but I also think it might be a ghost type. Anybody else think that? It's obviously not your typical ghost, but I think design wise it's at least somewhat plausible, with the ribbons flowing.

As far as gender is concerned: I'm not annoyed at people who think it is gender specific. This is a speculation thread, meaning the fans are allowed to speculate. Agree or disagree, it's their opinion and it should be respected. Besides, GameFreak never once said that they will never make a gender based Eeveelution. I think that would be a bad idea, personally. But you never know.

Shraeder

It's Lit

Well it's kind of hard to see Sylveon as a male. I also think this may be a female form because Virgil(Eevee trainer in Anime) has all Eeveelutions and for some reason they made his Eevee female. Conclusively, I think his Eevee being female and also being likely to evolve into Sylveon makes a good argument for as to why Sylveon could have two forms.

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
Yep. The idea of a gender-based eeveelution doesn't even make "sense".

Well it's kind of hard to see Sylveon as a male.

No, it is not. Sylveon looks pretty gender neutral to me. Also, it is a Pokémon, it can have whatever design and still be a male.

Also, should I remind you that most eeveelutions have somewhat feminine designs, exactly like Sylveon and yet all of them are almost exclusively male?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.