• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

garfield188

Since it seems like the game will be based on france/europe, a pokemon based on the marbled newt (triturus marmoratus) would be really cool.

adamfitz

poké-lover
That's actually a really cool idea. Flying/grass would be cool too. (tropius never made sense to me :/ )

I'd love to see fire/water type. A fire bellied newt?

I had a pet fire bellied newt before his name was charmander he he he
Would be a great Pokemon
Like quagsire but slim and black
Its belly could glow when using a fire type attack
Fire/water, fire/ground, or even not having the fire typing since it would step on charmanders toes, but design wise I see it as much more elongated

Bariokie

rock dog
I had a pet fire bellied newt before his name was charmander he he he
Would be a great Pokemon
Like quagsire but slim and black
Its belly could glow when using a fire type attack
Fire/water, fire/ground, or even not having the fire typing since it would step on charmanders toes, but design wise I see it as much more elongated

What about Fire/water with the ability Burny Touch?
^^

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Okay, we need Dodos(2-stage regional Normal/Flying?) and Cassowaries(single stage Flying/Fighting?).

I still say we need a Dragon/Bug based on the Assassin Spider(it could be our 3-stage dragon), a goat of some description(I don't even know where to go with it...), a Fire/Water dual type(I think it should be a Firefish, but hey, salamanders and newts are cool too), and if I don't get a new Hyena pokemon(not nessecarliy a Mightyena evo, but a Dark type) I will be disappoint.

As one who has actually seen a wild cassowary, I would love to see a pokemon based off them.

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer

silicon

Swordsman
As in Flame Body....

No, you're thinking of Poison Point. Poison Touch has a chance of inflicting poison when the pokemon with that ability uses an attack that makes physical contact with an opponent, not when the opponent makes physical contact with it. Personally I don't understand why these types of abilities only work one way, but that's how they are.

No, you're thinking of Poison Point. Poison Touch has a chance of inflicting poison when the pokemon with that ability uses an attack that makes physical contact with an opponent, not when the opponent makes physical contact with it. Personally I don't understand why these types of abilities only work one way, but that's how they are.

Oh right, of course, sorry!

GenesisHD

X and Y Dev
Who's stoked for October :)

WNDR

I had this idea earlier in the forum, would love to see it, but I want it to keep humanoid aspect of it and have it be pure Dark.

They're so creepy.

Has anybody thought about a sporty pokemon, I can't think of any of the top of my head. Plenty of fighters but nothing I can think of otherwise.

SilverFox

So sly
Since they made it easier to get Feebas in B/W B2/W2, I really hope they make it easier to get Spiritomb in Gen 6.

kesha140

The Little Monster
I think we could use some scary dark or ghost types. Like a shadow pokemon that is a Dark type. It would use health stealing moves, implying it would steal the life essence of another pokemon.
I have a question though, since information on X and Y wasn't in the CoroCoro leaks this month, does that mean there will be no news on the games until next month?

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Wow that's one scary dark Pokemon!
I would love it
But I think it would be switched a little like maybe it having a more ghostly feel to it
Ghost/dark?
Would be strong like Sableye

Fixed it for you.

Although the plague doctor does look really cool, I rather see a Ghost/Poison for it to fit in the plague theme.

GenesisHD

X and Y Dev
Yeah most likely next month.

I think we could use some scary dark or ghost types. Like a shadow pokemon that is a Dark type. It would use health stealing moves, implying it would steal the life essence of another pokemon.
I have a question though, since information on X and Y wasn't in the CoroCoro leaks this month, does that mean there will be no news on the games until next month?

Might be, might not be. We don't really know, as we can't tell where the info might come from. But most likely next month!

Status
Not open for further replies.