• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elnava

The Successor!
Huh? Is it just bad image quality or something?

Because last I checked, Servine wasn't yellow/blue...

Correct, it's still not yellow and blue in that pic

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
I'm using a different computer then normal...

I guess my colors might be off or something, then.

Edit: Eh...that just doesn't look like Servine to me. Even when comparing the pictures.
If you notice, Purrloin is not far after Oshawott, and Oshawatt is right after Emboar, who is not far after Serperior, just like in the dex. I think it's just the dex. Which would make your mystery pokemon Servine.

Zachmac

If you notice, Purrloin is not far after Oshawott, and Oshawatt is right after Emboar, who is not far after Serperior, just like in the dex. I think it's just the dex. Which would make your mystery pokemon Servine.
Well, I suppose....

I'm not fully convinced that it is or isn't Servine. I guess I'll just drop this unless one it is actually revealed to be a new pokemon, since no one else seems to think so yet. And it may just be the computer I'm on, like I said...

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
I can't seem to find the post you quoted but in regards to that, it probably doesn't mean that much "Not knowing the reak Mewtwo". We really don't at all, all we know is that it's a clone of Mew pretty much. We don't know what it wants to do, what it thinks, what he does at the moment, what personality he is etc. It could mean any number of things.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showth...ion-Thread&p=15780286&highlight=#post15780286

Or page 647 of this thread if the link doesn't work. I called it, very few agreed with me and now it looks like I was dead right.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I'm not fully convinced that it is or isn't Servine.

Why would they put a new Pokemon before Unova starters anyway?

Also, the text below it appears to be ジャノビー (Janovy), which is Servine's Japanese name

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
What post?

Anyways, On Topic: What do people want to see for fossil pokemon this gen? Personally I'm hoping for something based off of a Cave Lion or Saber-tooth Tiger. They could be Ice/Rock, which seems like a pretty cool typing (aside from the 4x fighting weakness).

I wonder if they'd make another saber tooth. And a cave lion wouldn't look much different than persian. Spinosaurus maybe?

malcolm_n

Pokemon Collector
The idea of a sabretooth cat would be cool for a fossil. Maybe Rock/Normal? That would make it interesting, though with an unfortunate 4x weakness to fighting. And since there's usually 2, the other could be a stegosaurus or T-rex. Oh.. that'd be cool if they could do a Steel/fire type T-rex. I'd name him grimlock (yes, wishful thinking).

I was also browsing the last couple pages discussing Sableye and Mawile. I would love to get a mawile evolution. Was there something said about these or are we just hoping at this point?

Dukkee

Just about everything's just hoping at this point. I'd love to see them figure out an Electric/Rock fossil.

metalbryce

Observer
Do people really ignore this post?

What kills me is that every few days this forum goes into a "When willl information be released?"/"I don't think we'll get new information from Coro Coro because of the inter nation release" debate and you say nothing. In fact, I've seen you partake in these debates without referring people to the Worldwide Release thread or the "Coro Coro, Pokemon Smash, etc." thread. I like you Wulava, but the modding has been inconsistent in that sense. I read this thread when I have spare seconds when I nbeed to escape from work and I wish that this thread was more specifically geared to, you know, Dex Speculation.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
In fact, I've seen you partake in these debates without referring people to the Worldwide Release thread or the "Coro Coro, Pokemon Smash, etc." thread.

That's probably because there is no thread for discussing CoroCoro or Smash.

On topic, if the Pokemon revealed turns out to be a regional bird, rodent, etc., I hope it's a less generic one. I'm sick of pure Normal regional rodents and Normal/Flying regional birds.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
That's probably because there is no thread for discussing CoroCoro or Smash.

On topic, if the Pokemon revealed turns out to be a regional bird, rodent, etc., I hope it's a less generic one. I'm sick of pure Normal regional rodents and Normal/Flying regional birds.

Well, Bidoof evolves into a Normal/Water. I'd like something similar. A porcipine that's either Normal/Steel or Normal/Poison would be neat.

Elementman-Novapoke

I can understand why people would be annoyed about the regional rodent / bird being normal types (and flying in the case of the bird), and I certainly wouldn't oppose them being different types, such as Poochyena was (although I appreciate that perhaps Zigzagoon was the regional rodent, Poochyena was still an early mammal). The one thing I would not like to see is something that is Normal/Something (other than flying). I've said this before, but I really do not see the point in combining the Normal type with something other than Flying. To me, Normal is the lack of any distinct elemental type, which is why Bibarel's typing is something that gets on my nerves.

Personally, I'd like to see a Normal rodent, and a Normal/Flying bird. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, I guess. Although, on the other hand, I would like to see some greater diversity in types early on. I once designed a three stage Ground / Fighting rabbit that turned into a Jackalope. Something like that'd be cool.

Bearcubxox

What if its not a new Mewtwo form but he like.. made another clone of mew or of himself... This is highly unlikely but just saying lol Mewthree lol

In all honesty... What do you guys think the chances are of seeing some new Grass type mixes?

I Especially want...

Grass/Fire
Grass/Electric
And I'd love a Grass/Dragon....

If Chespin turns out Grass/Flying, and a new Grass/Water is available in this game, I think I will strive to make an all grass team ^^ Finally....

wulpix

Trainer of vulpix
I still think that second picture screams fake. If you look at Ash, his face is blacked out. To his right is a pokemon I think is dragonite, but it looks like it is over Iris, but it's so cropped I can't tell. Then above Ash you see Cilan's body, but his head is lost in a wrinkle that crops everything to the left of him but doesn't affect mewtwo at all.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
I still think that second picture screams fake. If you look at Ash, his face is blacked out. To his right is a pokemon I think is dragonite, but it looks like it is over Iris, but it's so cropped I can't tell. Then above Ash you see Cilan's body, but his head is lost in a wrinkle that crops everything to the left of him but doesn't affect mewtwo at all.

That pokemon over Iris is, ya know, her Axew. I would say that half of Mewtwo's tube/tail being half gone would be considered affected by the wrinkle. We are also talking about a picture here. The "blacked out" part over Ash's face looks to me like the shape of a thumb holding the picture, just blackened because of the flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.