• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.
A trailer will be nice, been a while since we've seen anything new in that terms. I'd say if they don't give us the type corocoro i would hope will

Just rewatched the teaser

Oh yeah... I forgot about that... *facepalm* Well, either way, I hope they reveal whatever-it-is' type when it's revealed.

yea i think its due time for a new trailer, i would like to hear some music and a new battle environment.

I watched the first trailer a million times. I'm not even kidding.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
It will most definitely cause another round of arguements on here. Though think of it this way: it will be something new to argue about. I do hope that whatever it is, they give us a trailer and not just an image.

Even if it does cause an argument, a new argument would still be better than arguing about the same things we've been arguing since January. That's all that matters, that we have something new to talk about.

Mew.

A Bad Title
Since the game titles X and Y may slightly hint to a gene theme, and if the letters are supposed to manufacture chromosome symbols, this generation may introduce a group of Pokémon based on genetics. As the unconfirmed Mewtwo form has been debated, and the upcoming movie where Mewtwo stars a main role, it made me realize how much sense it actually makes to bring Mewtwo back - If, in fact, the game will circulate around genes. When I thought about this, Sylveon also popped up in my mind. May it be a Pokémon based on genetics? - I am not talking about the pink, feminine appearance, but that its ribbons may be meant to look like DNA structures. When it moves/waves with them in the trailer, it could (with combining two ribbons) look like a DNA spiral. Most of the pokémon we have been introduced to so far; Yveltal, Xerneus, Sylveon and the return of Mewtwo, gives off a slight genetic feel appearance wise.

Before I start a massive argument about Sylveon's type, I just want to say that I am not talking about its typing. But rather the idea to see more Pokémon resembling genetic structures in this generation. Is this making any sense or is it just a surrealistic idea?

*~Silver*~

Since the game titles X and Y may slightly hint to a gene theme, and if the letters are supposed to manufacture chromosome symbols, this generation may introduce a group of Pokémon based on genetics.

I actually thought the same thing. If you look at the Japanese logo there are actually what look like rainbow DNA strands in it.

Genesect and Mewtwo making their new movie appearance together also kind of hints at it. Genesect's White 2 Pokedex entry says this, "This Pokémon existed 300 million years ago. Team Plasma altered it and attached a cannon to its back."
On top of that everyone, I mean EVERYONE, knows that Mewtwo was cloned from Mew, and then genetically altered to create a super-Pokemon. [sub]That's why I think this new form makes hardly any sense unless Mewtwo had to weirdly adapt or something.[/sub]

So... Yeah... I think that it was inspired with the combination of X, Y and Z being the tree components of 3D since these games will be the first on the 3DS, as well as X and Y being biology symbols, and then just wanting to bring Mewtwo back or something. [sub]I had a better reason than that last one, but I forgot it while I was typing the other two... xD[/sub]

firerank9

Aura All-Star
When the new Pokemon is revealed, no matter if the type is released or not, we fans will still argue about the pokemon. I'm hoping for Farfetch'd to get an evolution or the second Eeveelution revolation myself.

*~Silver*~

When the new Pokemon is revealed, no matter if the type is released or not, we fans will still argue about the pokemon. I'm hoping for Farfetch'd to get an evolution or the second Eeveelution revolation myself.

I hope Farfetch'd will get an evolution too. It's the most worthless creature right now, but I think an evolution might just fix that. Farfetch'd also has the perfect design to make some sort of amazing Flying/Fighting evolution.
Just an idea.

As for the Eeveelution... I think we'll get one.
It'd be pretty dumb for Game Freak to release two Eeveelutions every other Gen until Gen six when they only released one. I think that another Eeveelution would be either weak or strong to Sylveon. That's how it's worked with all the other new Eeveelution releases.

Rai1994

Pokémon Master!
View attachment 8655

Fennekin Evo is Fire Fighting.............
If it's real I'm killing myself..........

I'm pretty sure that has been proven false. I kinda feel like Fennekin's Evolutions won't be fighting Pokémon. There hasn't been any fighting type Pokémon that are on 4 legs, with the exception of Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion and Keldeo - But they are Legendary Pokémon so I don't count them. I know there's always a possibility of Fennekin Evolving into a Bipedal Fox, but I find this unlikely due to Zoroark being in Gen V.

About the topic of Dex Speculation, I hope there's a Sugar Glider Pokémon! It could be Flying/Grass, maybe.. At least part flying for sure...

Last edited:

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
View attachment 8655

Fennekin Evo is Fire Fighting.............
If it's real I'm killing myself..........

Over one typing of a video game, really? And it's fake.

How about an evolution of Abomasnow? It doesn't have the best offensives and the typing doesn't help much. Only reason it's was in OU is because of its ability, otherwise it's just like Ninetales with mediocre offenses (though something over 92 isn't too bad).

And not to mini mod or anything but can we stop with "post this in ___ thread" it's getting a bit annoying.

*~Silver*~

About the topic of Dex Speculation, I hope there's a Sugar Glider Pokémon! It could be Flying/Grass, maybe.. At least part flying for sure...

That would be amazing! I would love a Sugar Glider Pokemon! Flying/Grass would be a good typing for it actually... You never know with Pokemon though. xD

Avi604

Reef Trainer
Over one typing of a video game, really? And it's fake.

How about an evolution of Abomasnow? It doesn't have the best offensives and the typing doesn't help much. Only reason it's was in OU is because of its ability, otherwise it's just like Ninetales with mediocre offenses (though something over 92 isn't too bad).

And not to mini mod or anything but can we stop with "post this in ___ thread" it's getting a bit annoying.

Uumm I think your supposed to post this in the what not to post theard..... Lmao I'm with you though.
And yeah Abomasnow is cool but horrible typeing it could use something.

Pokememes

I am the pokémaster!
Kso, I'm still hoping for another eeveelution- hopefully ground
Also still hoping for a grass/_____ /panda, ( maybe fighting )
Also waiting on a koala bear pokemon(grass)
Also on my wish list is a dolphin (water/____) a swordfish (water/fighting), and new elephant and kangaroo pokemon, maybe a clown or clownfish style pokemon too.

Also:too 5 pokemon I'd like to see an evolution/pre evolution for are: lapras, skarmory, mr mime, torkoal and (heracross/pinsir) or eevee :p

Edit: seriously the one time I comment after days the thread goes silent :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.