• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Since the game titles X and Y may slightly hint to a gene theme, and if the letters are supposed to manufacture chromosome symbols, this generation may introduce a group of Pokémon based on genetics. As the unconfirmed Mewtwo form has been debated, and the upcoming movie where Mewtwo stars a main role, it made me realize how much sense it actually makes to bring Mewtwo back - If, in fact, the game will circulate around genes. When I thought about this, Sylveon also popped up in my mind. May it be a Pokémon based on genetics? - I am not talking about the pink, feminine appearance, but that its ribbons may be meant to look like DNA structures. When it moves/waves with them in the trailer, it could (with combining two ribbons) look like a DNA spiral. Most of the pokémon we have been introduced to so far; Yveltal, Xerneus, Sylveon and the return of Mewtwo, gives off a slight genetic feel appearance wise.

Before I start a massive argument about Sylveon's type, I just want to say that I am not talking about its typing. But rather the idea to see more Pokémon resembling genetic structures in this generation. Is this making any sense or is it just a surrealistic idea?

Yeah,maybe Sylveon is genetically engineered...in a lab.It could explain why it doesn't look like any type...it's artificially created.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
I think Eevee would evolve into Sylveon due to maxed happiness with a new stone

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
Well that sounds cool but how is Eevee suppose to evolve into a Sylveon if Sylveon is artificially created?

Scientist messing around with Sylveon's genetic code, or creating an artificial environment a new environment for Eevee to evolve into Sylveon.

GatedSunOne

Like A Rockefeller
Well, now this is a surprise. I get up to go to work this morning, and browse Serebii to find this rather interesting scan of Mewtwo... I wasn't expecting anything until Saturday.

If that Forme is real (which I hope it is; it reminds me of Frieza for some reason XD) would it be crazy to say this is what Smash plans on revealing? Either way, I sure hope that's real.

Bus

Well, now this is a surprise. I get up to go to work this morning, and browse Serebii to find this rather interesting scan of Mewtwo... I wasn't expecting anything until Saturday.

If that Forme is real (which I hope it is; it reminds me of Frieza for some reason XD) would it be crazy to say this is what Smash plans on revealing? Either way, I sure hope that's real.

Personally I think it looks a little ridiculous, but I don't care whether it's fake or not. I would be disappointed, though, if the new pokemon revealed were this Mewtwo form. it would mean that after 3 months of waiting, the only new 'news' we get is just a form change to a Generation 1 pokemon.

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
Personally I think it looks a little ridiculous, but I don't care whether it's fake or not. I would be disappointed, though, if the new pokemon revealed were this Mewtwo form. it would mean that after 3 months of waiting, the only new 'news' we get is just a form change to a Generation 1 pokemon.

That would kinda suck but don't forget that there is still 6 months to go until the release of the games. I'm sure we will get more info once we get nearer to the actual release date.

mtie123

Johto's Hero
That would kinda suck but don't forget that there is still 6 months to go until the release of the games. I'm sure we will get more info once we get nearer to the actual release date.

We shouldn't expect much i don't think but i do believe that the smash Pokemon will be new and not Mewtwo new form

Bus

yeah I know. its times like these, though, that make me wonder if would have been better just to wait to announce the coming of this game. You know; make the gap between announcement and release shorter that way people aren't scrounging the corners of the internet for any hint of news every day.

Another six months of waiting is a really long time. I mean, yeah, thinking about it, it is a bit much to be expecting lot of info this early, but are we asking for too much with like 1 or 2 new pokemon (not the full line; just one or two total) introduced each month?

Even though the pattern seems to be that even numbered gens have less guys, we will probably have at least 100 new introduced. With 6 months to go and only 6 known (kind of...we still dont even know the typing on half those), I dont think it would kill them to show off a couple more.

I feel like I'm rambling, so my apologies for that.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
yeah I know. its times like these, though, that make me wonder if would have been better just to wait to announce the coming of this game. You know; make the gap between announcement and release shorter that way people aren't scrounging the corners of the internet for any hint of news every day.

I think in this case it was justified announcing it so early. The 3DS doesn't really have much support right now, and many Pokemon fans may not have it yet. Announcing it 10 months in advance gives people time to save enough money.

Another six months of waiting is a really long time. I mean, yeah, thinking about it, it is a bit much to be expecting lot of info this early, but are we asking for too much with like 1 or 2 new pokemon (not the full line; just one or two total) introduced each month?

Even though the pattern seems to be that even numbered gens have less guys, we will probably have at least 100 new introduced. With 6 months to go and only 6 known (kind of...we still dont even know the typing on half those), I dont think it would kill them to show off a couple more.

Well part of it is that they want to keep most of them a surprise for when the game actually comes out, but no, I don't think 1 or 2 Pokemon per month would hurt at this point.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
That sucks :|

Last year with b/w we sometimes got like 4 pokemon :|

Surely there will be occasions that we'll get only 1 or none at all, like last month.
But pretty sure we won't be limited to at most 1. We could be getting 3, or 4 at a time at certain months.

Status
Not open for further replies.