• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ysmr97

And we saw scans of Butterfree and Scizor being battled in DP scans before DP came out and neither were in the DP dex, Scizor was in the Platinum one though. But them showing a pokemon in a video and not being in the game has happened before. They showed Dragonite in B2W2 videos and it wasn't in the dex.

COMPLETELY fair point, bro.

ludiloco

Can't wait to see my current team on 3D

The pokedex-fill challenge increases.

Gamblor

Kopite Trainer
Really hope the Ralts line is available in the main story, as shown in the trailer. Can't wait to see the starting route Normal/Flying type!

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I guess there'll be a new evolution for Audino, and that's the reason it is there. I'm really happy for Litwick's line, love Chandelure. And Pikachu's comeback is also great!

Audino is there for the same reason why it was in BW: ExpPoints hording! :D

This might have been guessed but I think the fire starter is Fire/Psychic.

Wrong thread? Dunno.. :p

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
imo if pikachu isint x/y then it will be weird being the mascot and all. but then again bw and bw2 never had him.

OrcaCity

Expert Killer Whale
We can't tell for sure about any of those Pokemon until we get official confirmation. Even at the bottom of the screen during the trailer, it said that it is not final. I really hope we see Pikachu in this game though or a Chinchou (So I can get a Lanturn). I would love to see Houndour too! I love Houndoom and it'd be really fun to have him on my team.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Anyway, I think that Pikachu, Magikarp, and Audino are most likely in, and not just because they were seen in the trailer. With the exception of 5th gen since it was a reboot, it's almost inappropriate for the mascot of Pokemon not to appear somewhere in the game, so Pikachu most likely will be in. Magikarp probably will be unless they make a new fish like Pokemon (or use Basculin). And Audino probably will as well if the EXP system is the same as it is in 5th gen, it's almost a necessity because of how ****ed up the EXP system is. But yeah, right now the only Pokemon that will definitely be in the regional dex are the starters and mascot legendaries.

Et3rn4l-D4rKN3SS

I'm kind of worried that this generation might have a fairly low number of Pokemon since it was probably produced during the production of Black and White and also because it seems to be an experiment of the 3DS' graphics. I guess we may be seeing some new evolutions to old Pokemon, but I hope to see some more new and fresh ideas like the 5th generation!

x0MoMusica0x

I really hope this time around they include (pre)evolutions from past generation Pokemon. That really annoyed me about gen 5

i want so many pre-volve forms, its ridiculous. im glad not only i feel this way:D

as for the dex, i really dont know what to expect. Pokemon has always surprised me (that's what keeps it interesting and fun, imo) of course we'll have some of our old favorites, but the new Poke are gonna be where its at. every time i play through any Poke game, i always make a team of Poke native to the new game first (this is a special exception for B/W2).

im really excited for whats to come, so i better get a job to afford it:3

Ver-mont

I'm kind of worried that this generation might have a fairly low number of Pokemon since it was probably produced during the production of Black and White and also because it seems to be an experiment of the 3DS' graphics. I guess we may be seeing some new evolutions to old Pokemon, but I hope to see some more new and fresh ideas like the 5th generation!

Black and White were produced alongside HGSS and Platinum and yet introduced over 150 Pokémon. I don't see any reason to worry.

(even though I don't think we need that many new Pokémon again, I'm okay with something like Gen IV)

gliscor&yanmega

Well if the pattern continues, there would be around 100 new Pokemon introduced with a handful of cross gen evolutions.

But, Pokemon can always just change stuff up, I mean...they already are and did before. I'd be fine if they keep this pattern going though.

OrcaCity

Expert Killer Whale
I'm kind of hoping Deoxys will make a cameo in X and Y since he is a DNA Pokemon.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I'm kind of hoping Deoxys will make a cameo in X and Y since he is a DNA Pokemon.

In-game obtainable Deoxys would be great.
But it could be distributed via event again.
Or not at all, for a future game that we should not be talking about.

xDWarrior

Well I'm glad to see that the starters they showed don't suck as much as BW starters. I actually really like these starters!

I hope they don't stuff the dex full of legends/trios like in 4/5.

Flame Mistress

A new Normal-Type Brioche Pokemon that evolves into a Croissant! Cue all the haters calling it "unoriginal" and a "Vanillite rip-off"!

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
I'm just waiting for pokémon 666 so someone overreligious or stupid would start complaining how pokémon is evil

Jigglypuff5000

I hope they don't stuff the dex full of legends/trios like in 4/5.

Agreed. Heck, just the main title legends [2, probably 3 with a 'Z' 3rd game], and the Mew-Wannabe Sprite would do.

No more than 100 newbies this time I hope [BW was echoing R/B with its 150 total / species layout, after all].

Last edited:

aa_623

I'm generally in the minority for this, but I'm hoping for a decent number of eves/prevos of older Pokemon. In particular I would love a new Eeveelution, again I know many feel that there are already too many, but I'd like a full set lol also it might mean that the ones we have may get new and improved moves to help make a little more versatile.

Status
Not open for further replies.