• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Won't stop them.

1. Pikachu
2. Pichu
3. Plusle / Minun
4. Pachirisu
5. Emolga

Don't forget that Pikachu is in the first 4 of those regions

I know, but I'm hoping that they've learned not to make new Pokemon clones of older ones.

Oh, who am I kidding? They'll probably be making Pikachu clones for years to come.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
Oh, who am I kidding? They'll probably be making Pikachu clones for years to come.

It was even evident in the trailer where Pikachu kept on babbling crap and I just wanted it to get out of the bloody way so I could see the new games.

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
Does anyone think that, due to the amount of models and animations that had to be made, we won't be gatting as many new Pokémon this time around? I'm thinking maybe 50. But I am a loony who thinks that evil Pokémon can exist.

Icemenvp

Mudkip
my wishes for Gen VI
an Dragon or Ghost Eevelution or both :D
Serviper/Zangoose Evo
Delibird evo
Pinsor Evo since Scyther also have one
and ofc more ICE type's i love ICE pokemons :)
Absol moveset change? kinda underpowered for an epic pokemon like Absol!

rook09

Of science.
I'd like to see some evolutions for the likes of Zangoose, Absol, Dunsparce... Pokemon that have potential, but are too specialized to be of any major use. I'd also be interested to see if they include any evolutions for Gen 5 Pokemon, such as Cryogonal.
Considering that they are including previous Gen Pokemon, I would guess we'll see about 100 new Pokemon, and about 50 or so older Pokemon. Saying that, they always could pull a BW2 and have a massive Dex immediately, which would be awesome.

BLADEDGE

loves a puzzle
The still need to get the last Pre-IV special Type outta the way (Dragon) first, then they can go for WIngeon (Cloudeon?)

SharpedoSteve

Sink/Swim
Going to be selfish here but i finally want an Electric/Dark type and a Dark/Flying pokemon that i actually like (Other than Murkrow i dislike the rest) Oh and for Chespin to become Grass/Dark but that is for the other thread...

EnragedSwalot

Pikachu will be back for sure.

As for the starters, as long as the fire type doesn't grow legs and gain the fighting type, I will like it. I want some different types for the starter's final form.
I think that eevee will probably get 2 new evolutions.

Shadows of Destiny

I want the continuation of evolution paths for a few pokemons such as Eevee, Ekans, Kangashkan, Heracross, Steelix, Pinsir, etc.

And around 40-50 new Gen 6 pokes <3

Grey Wind

I'm hoping for a non-legendary dolphin. Kyogre's amazing, but I want one I can get without chucking 800 Ultra Balls.
Kyogre's actually an orca, but yeah, a dolphin would be pretty sweet. I generally don't like Pokemon that can't walk on land, but I'd make an excuse if it was well designed.

here's to an ice type that's based on a Siberian husky! And a grass/ghost split evolve for ferroseed/ferrothorn.
A husky Pokemon would be awesome, actually. Arcanine is nice an all, but it's about time we had a good canine/wolfish Pokemon that wasn't and early-game 'mon (Mightyena) or a Normal-type (Stoutland).

I hope there's a good few new evolutions in this gen. Not as much as Gen IV, but enough that we won't be left disappointed. Here's hoping:

- Donphan evolution
- Dragon-type Eeveelution
- Jynx evolution (THE TRIO MUST BE COMPLETE)
- Torkoal evolution
- Absol evolution
- Skarmory pre-evo
- Druddigon evolution (Dragon/Rock)
- Dunsparce evolution (Normal/Dragon?)
- Sandlash evolution
- Zebstrika evolution (Electric/???)

I'm not to bothered by pre-evos, since they don't really add a whole lot, but I thought Skarmory could do with one to counterpart Mantyke. In general, I want evolutions for Pokemon who have good designs, but need that extra kick to be viable. Like, Torkoal is a cool guy, but... what is the point of using it. I'm sort of expecting some random ones for Pokemon who didn't really need to evolve, like Rhyperior, but they're always a surprise so why not.

I have no idea what I'd like in regards to new Pokemon in general (apart from the aforementioned husky and dolphin). I've always wanted a Ghost/Steel possessed suit of armour type thing, though.

Mystic Flygon

Here's what I mainly want out of this gens dex

pre-evolutions/ evolutions/ and alt-evolutions to pre-exsisting pokemon. Hopefully they don't invent more useless evolutionary items and just use the ones we already have.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
Does anyone think that, due to the amount of models and animations that had to be made, we won't be gatting as many new Pokémon this time around? I'm thinking maybe 50. But I am a loony who thinks that evil Pokémon can exist.

I don't think space is a huge issue, they never used the full space on any of the other games, and the 3DS games are able to hold a lot more memory.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I want just a dragon eevee and some ghost+normal/dragon/steel non-legendary

We need a Dragon type evolution, gen 6 has the potential to do so. As for how many Pokes are in the dex, well I'd say 120?

ebevan91

I'm pretty sure there'll be new eeveelutions. I can't wait to see the evolutions of the starters.

If we get 2, what types do you think they should be?

The last 2 gens where we had Eeveelutions had one Eeveelution that was super effective vs. the other.

Flying > Bug?

Ground > Steel?

Rock > Flying?

Ground > Rock?

Ground > Poison?

Flying > Fighting?

Fighting > Steel?

Fighting > Rock

Dragon > Dragon?

DarkOverlord777

The Dragon Mage
All I want in terms of new pokemon is a ghost type eeveelution, an evolution for dunsparce, an evolution for smeargle, and an evolution for shuckle. That's all I ask. I wouldn't doubt it if X and Y were in a trio along with perhaps a Z legendary, since x is used for the x-axis for width, y is used for the y-axis for height, and theres a z-axis for depth, which would make sense since it's in full 3d. But that's my speculated theory, but I can see it happening. Makes plenty of sense anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.