• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game Freak should just troll with it and make it a Dark type Pokemon, I would seriously get a few laughs from it.

The Pokemon used in the trailers are just place holders since they don't really want to reveal a whole lot, all beta trailers usually have random Pokemon. Pikachu might be included though since it showed you actually finding one.

There was the statue with golurk and friends but hey there was that sign in b/w with pikachu, i guess we will find out sooner or later.

johno1995

I want a Grass/Ghost or Grass/Fire scary pumpkin line, is that too much to ask for? D:

ManhattanTheStarr

Honestly, I'd prefer to not have evolutions/pre-evolutions to any older generations of Pokemon other than generation 5. Gen 5 was created as the rebirth of the Pokemon series, so I think, for now, GF should focus on making evo's/pre-evo's for those Pokemon only. I think it'd be far more interesting. But heck, who knows if that'll even happen.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
The Pokemon used in the trailers are just place holders since they don't really want to reveal a whole lot, all beta trailers usually have random Pokemon. Pikachu might be included though since it showed you actually finding one.

IIRC, everything shown in the BW2 trailers (which was quite a lot; off the top of my head, Arcanine, Lucario, Magnemite/ton, Seviper, Metagross, Zangoose, Muk) showed up in the final game. If this is an "expansion" generation a la II and IV, there's no reason to believe the 'mons shown in this trailer won't be in the final game.

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
Honestly, I'd prefer to not have evolutions/pre-evolutions to any older generations of Pokemon other than generation 5. Gen 5 was created as the rebirth of the Pokemon series, so I think, for now, GF should focus on making evo's/pre-evo's for those Pokemon only. I think it'd be far more interesting. But heck, who knows if that'll even happen.
I would like some 5-10 previous gen pokes to evolve. But, I want the majority of evos from gen 5. It would add more flavor to gen 5 poke :)

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
I really hope we see some good pre-evolutions/evolutions of Pokemon from both Gens 4 and 5. I personally love when an older Pokemon gets a new member of its evolutionary line because it makes me look at the line a different way (for example, I never once considered the Ralts line during Gen 3 but it became one of my favourite lines when Gallade was introduced in Gen 4). Even if they don't include too many changes to Gen 5 lines, I really want to see some Gen 4 changes. It was a bit disappointing when we got no evos/pre-evos in all of Gen 5, so I hope that they make up for that in Gen 6.

TrueGrit

Very Fenniky
I'm super excited for the build-up and gradual reveal of Pokemon over the coming months. That was my favorite memory of gen. V, just getting on Serebii every morning to see if any new Pokemon were revealed. I'm also really excited to see what the legendary trio for this one will be! :D

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
What would be a shocker is that the starters would get a branch evo, like the ralts, oddish, and evee family.

MikeHill005

Resistance Member
I hope that this time around, the Dex is scrambled up, and the Pokemon aren't just listed in the order that you encounter them throughout the game. That made B/W's dex a bit boring.

shac

What would be a shocker is that the starters would get a branch evo, like the ralts, oddish, and evee family.

I think we can safely discard that idea.

I am also very interested to see what legendary trio they come up with this time. The Muskedeer was a genius idea i thought. Let's see if they can trump that. I won't mind an ape trio with the whole 'see-no evil, hear-no evil, speak-no evil' motif. They would make a nice trio for the fight-dark-psy route.

I am also really interested to see the Lucario/Zoroark of this gen. What special ability will it have?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I bet everyone who reads this a pat on the back that there will be a dolphin Pokemon this time around.
It's like the only animal we don't have a Pokemon of.

There are more animals that we don't have, such as a koala and a lion. But I really have high hopes for a dolphin. They're quite common in Europe.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Looks as though a few gaming websites are posting that the number of Pokemon will go over 700; not surprising, well expected.

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
There are more animals that we don't have, such as a koala and a lion. But I really have high hopes for a dolphin. They're quite common in Europe.

The animals don't have to native to the real world region. Not like polar bears are in NYC :D.
Anyway, im fully expecting a dolphin and a lion, also, expecting a french knight poke too.

I'm hoping this gen buffs poison types the same way 5th gen buffed bug types (volcarona, escavalier and galvantula to name but a few) by introducing loads of cool/powerful poison types, to really elevate poison types to a higher status because as of now they are mostly the laughing stock of the pokeworld (i'm looking at you garbodor)

Status
Not open for further replies.