• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grey Wind

Uh, how? It's based off of the Cobra, so I don't see what Dragons have to do with that, especcially since Cobras aren't even in Europe anyway, unless you count zoos and such.
Pokemon don't have to keep the same species when they evolve, you know. Remoraid and Octillery being the best example (yes, I know that they're artillery or whatever, but it's still fish to octopus). Evolution is about evolving, a snake evolving into a Dragon isn't far-fetched at all.

also you (and a lot of other people) are taking the whole Europe thing way too far lol. Just because it's based on it doesn't mean that EVERYTHING has to fit perfectly in with Europe, and that everything in the region will have to do with the continent. It's just a basis for the reason, it's not a strict rule.

I agree with most of those Wulava but I hope we don't get to many, I want to see as many new creatures as possible.
Same. I think about fifteen - twenty would be perfect. DP had ~30, which, frankly, was far too much. It felt like most of the region was just new evolution 8|

new evolution shiz.
I agree with most of these. I don't really care about Luvdisc, Audino, or Farfetch'd (honestly I think the first gen stand alones should be left alone at this point, they've been around for so long), but the rest I'd be interested in. Some other stuff I'd love to see:

:: Druddigon evo (Rock/Dragon).
:: Torkoal evo.
:: Mr. Mime evo (Master Mime?).
:: Jynx evo.

re. fossil Pokemon, I've always wanted a Sabre Toothed Tiger fossil, maybe being a Rock/Fire? I dunno. Some sort of tyrannosaurus would be cool too, as long as it's not too... basic. No idea for type really, but I wouldn't mind another Rock/Grass just because.

One thing I thought would be cool would the fossils being a split evo. Have some sort of generic dinosaur thing as the fossil you revive, and then decide what it evolves into. It'd really make the whole evolution thing more... real. It's evolution method could have something to do with time, too. One being Water and one being something else/pure Rock would probably fit it best (i.e. staying in the sea or evolving into a land animal).
/ramble

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I'd like an rational amount of new pokémon, evos, & prevos, & to not have so many legendaries this time around

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
It was only Black and White that did that though, Black 2 and White 2 had a bunch. I thought it was a nice change, I wouldn't want it to continue though, one every so often is fine by me.

I don't mind the idea of having a regional dex with completely new Pokemon, but I don't like the way 5th gen handled it. They made such a big deal about all these new Pokemon, but as it turned out, a lot of them were ripoffs of older Pokemon in certain ways. That really cheapens the whole "fresh start" feel.

On topic, I would be very surprised and upset if they're weren't many new evolutions this gen, I think there needs to be a significant amount of them to improve some of the lesser used Pokemon.

Last edited:

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
The thing is, with new eeveelutions comes a new evolution method. And it might not only be Eevee who is exposed to this method. I'm also hoping the technique will be something relative to the type, like it has been for the most part of the evolution methods implemented. I don't want something as simple as evolution in a certain area or with an item. They could even do something Eevee exclusive, with possibly more than one new method.

Steel, Ghost, Dragon, Bug, Rock, Ground, Poison, Flying and Fighting are the types without an eeveelution attached to them (With Dragon seeming the most likely to turn up next)

I thought maybe that instead of certain weather conditions in certain areas or at certain parts, if it was completely random and effected all areas just like it does in the normal world. Maybe something like Eevee evolving into Ground-Eevee when leveled up during a Standstorm. Other new methods could be something like certain health effects (Eeevee evolves into Poison-Eevee if leveled up while Poisoned.

adamfitz

poké-lover
No evos or pre-evos. Please god.

I know we saw a lot of pokemon in the trailer, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were simply used to prevent the reveal of other Gen sixers. I hope we get something akin to a Hoenn pokedex. Vast majority of new pokemon marked with a spattering of old ones.

100% with you there, I'd much rather see alot of new Pokemon with the odd old one evo in there.
And catch the old ones once I've the national dex

Jinglefruit

Mad hatter
also you (and a lot of other people) are taking the whole Europe thing way too far lol. Just because it's based on it doesn't mean that EVERYTHING has to fit perfectly in with Europe, and that everything in the region will have to do with the continent. It's just a basis for the reason, it's not a strict rule.

Shush! I was having fun imagining that NY was full of giant bugs, living ice-creams and imported mummies and daruma's, just like unova.

Tavo_Zx

The Iron Man

I know we saw a lot of pokemon in the trailer, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were simply used to prevent the reveal of other Gen sixers. I hope we get something akin to a Hoenn pokedex. Vast majority of new pokemon marked with a spattering of old ones.

Evos and pre-evos are not bad at all. Some Pokémon wuold benefit greatly from getting evos, and well, pre-evos are (almost always) cute Pokémon that are loveable. I hope that some are introduced, but just some, I wouldn't like half of the dex being pre/evos of older Pokémon.

Ver-mont

I doubt it. Odd Generations are the ones with little to no relation to old ones, while even Generations introduce lots of evos or pre-evos.

And I hope they do it, I missed it in Gen V and some old Pokémon need them.

Lion Demon

Fairy Type Champion
The game itself is still in it's beta stages, I highly doubt that any of the non-regional pokemon are going to be in the Pokedex...

Aurath8

I don't mind the idea of having a regional dex with completely new Pokemon, but I don't like the way 5th gen handled it. They made such a big deal about all these new Pokemon, but as it turned out, a lot of them were ripoffs of older Pokemon in certain ways. That really cheapens the whole "fresh start" feel.

They did make an effort to make them different from their predecessors though. Woobat is special based and has the Psychic typing for example. I think the reason BW wasn't too good was because you kept meeting new pokemon in every route/cave right up to Victory Road. This would be fine, but someone apparently decided to base the pokemon's evolution level on where they were in the region so that you spent at least 10 levels before they evolved. This gave rise to pokemon that really should evolve earlier, with the most obvious example being Rufflet and Vullaby who evolve at lvl 51. A pokemon's evolution level should be chosen for game balance with maybe a little respect for location, but those 2 aren't exactly Garchomp level good. A similar thing happened to Mienfoo. This was irritating in BW because some pokemon didn't evolve until the last few battles of the main game. Now it's worse because the level is stuck like that forever. Unless they give us a method of obtaining the evolution early (like Braviary/Mandibuzz in BW2's Desert resort), this pokemon is relegated to being bad because it evolves late.

Dragonitor

<- Shiny Hunter

I don't know if you only watched the trailer or the whole Nintendo Direct but if you watched the whole Nintendo Direct (and not only the trailer) then you would know that Satoru Iwata said at the end of the Nintendo Direct that you not only would be able to meet new Pokémon but also meet many of your old favourites. :) So this doesn't exactly means evo's or pre-evo's but there is a chance of it. I personally think it's going to be something like Gen 2 or Gen 4. (Those were addition Gens, adding new Pre-evo's and evo's to older Pokemon.) But we'll have to wait for more info to come before we can be sure. :p

Ver-mont

The game itself is still in it's beta stages, I highly doubt that any of the non-regional pokemon are going to be in the Pokedex...

And I doubt they won't be.

They weren't in Unova for a very specific reason that doesn't exist anymore since the sequels.

Beastly

I thought maybe that instead of certain weather conditions in certain areas or at certain parts, if it was completely random and effected all areas just like it does in the normal world. Maybe something like Eevee evolving into Ground-Eevee when leveled up during a Standstorm. Other new methods could be something like certain health effects (Eeevee evolves into Poison-Eevee if leveled up while Poisoned.

I feel like that stuff is too out of our control to happen. If your Eevee is one level away from evolving into what you want and all of the sudden a Sandstorm appears/it gets poisoned and it levels up, then it'll turn into something that you didn't want/expect. Maybe they'll implement new evolution stones this time around. The last new stones we got were in Gen IV, so maybe Gen VI will get something new.

Evos and pre-evos are not bad at all. Some Pokémon wuold benefit greatly from getting evos, and well, pre-evos are (almost always) cute Pokémon that are loveable. I hope that some are introduced, but just some, I wouldn't like half of the dex being pre/evos of older Pokémon.

I'll admit that I'm far more inclined towards pre-evos than evos (some of my faves are pre-evos), but I just think that many a one stage pokemon is pretty cool. Lapras, Bouffalant, Tauros, Sigilyph, Zangoose (especially Zangoose, why oh why doesn't your DW ability double speed?), all cool pokemon that I think an evo either side would just be a wasted pokedex spot.

I just couldn't bear another gen IV. Magmortar, Electivire, Tangrowth et al. Stains on the pokedex and the ruination of many a cool pokemon.

I doubt it. Odd Generations are the ones with little to no relation to old ones, while even Generations introduce lots of evos or pre-evos.

And I hope they do it, I missed it in Gen V and some old Pokémon need them.

Some pokemon need new movesets, abilities etc. They're not destined to get them.

I don't know if you only watched the trailer or the whole Nintendo Direct but if you watched the whole Nintendo Direct (and not only the trailer) then you would know that Satoru Iwata said at the end of the Nintendo Direct that you not only would be able to meet new Pokémon but also meet many of your old favourites. :) So this doesn't exactly means evo's or pre-evo's but there is a chance of it. I personally think it's going to be something like Gen 2 or Gen 4. (Those were addition Gens, adding new Pre-evo's and evo's to older Pokemon.) But we'll have to wait for more info to come before we can be sure. :p

Meet many of your old favourites to me just suggests national pokedex. I could be wrong of course.

Sponge

I feel like that stuff is too out of our control to happen. If your Eevee is one level away from evolving into what you want and all of the sudden a Sandstorm appears/it gets poisoned and it levels up, then it'll turn into something that you didn't want/expect. Maybe they'll implement new evolution stones this time around. The last new stones we got were in Gen IV, so maybe Gen VI will get something new.

Isn't that what the B button is for?

BunniBear4

Pokémon Trainer
Yeah you could use the B button but I feel as if the only time it should need to be used is if you don't want an espeon/umbreon. I really don't want to be going around said region using an eevee on my team hoping to make it a Jolteon and have to hit B all the time or find an everstone. I could be really annoying for some players.

Tickle Me Cooper

A Black Protagonist
I personally love new evolutions of older pokemon so bring it on, Ninty!!! The more the merrier in my opinion. Plus, the tradition is that there are no new evolutions in odd gererations and loads on new gens, so I'm not only hoping, I'm pretty much expecting them.

Tigereagle21

The Conqueror
I can't wait for the new games!
Excluding Gen 1, every even generation number has had two more eeveelutions.
I hope that there are more in X and Y!

Kariachi

Power Is Beautiful
Okay, I really don't care too much about numbers as long as I get a decent amount of pokemon with good designs/that I think are interesting, so here's just a list of what I'm hoping for.

A donkey pokemon, preferably of the Steel type (stubborn='spine of steel'?)
A Kangaskan pre-evo
Vyreon, dragon-eeveelution

And the last, the biggest, the "they can give us another Fire/Fighting starter for all I care as long as I get this"-

I want a Grass/Fire Kudzu vine. That's it. Tell me it wouldn't work and be awesome! After all, kudzu already spreads like wildfire, and they could have a gym where to get the leader to go back to work you need to help him clear out an infestation!

I would give my first hatched Dratini (who was shiny by the way) for that...

Status
Not open for further replies.