• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding any new evolution's, a few posters on a Gamefaqs message board had 2 theories I'd like to share with you.

The first idea states that Eevee's new forms should be Dragon and then 1 of either (poison, fighting, flying, ground, rock, bug, steel, ghost).

Reason behind the first idea is that Dragon would bring a close to the Special types, while one of the next choices would begin the physical types.

The second idea might be a long stretch and most people might not be a fan of this if it were to happen.

The idea is that Eevee would only gain 1 new evolution: Dragon. Why only one you may ask? Well the poster believes that Gen VI should introduce a sort of pokemon similar to Eevee, a rival of sorts that can Evolve into the physical types, while Eevee would have control of the Special types.

Again these are just idea's shared from others.

Umbreon9

It's been a while...
I'll name the Eeveelutions I want in this gen

Sandeon-Ground-Eevee evolution when levelled up in desert(in the trailer)
Breezeon-Flying-Eevee evolution when levelled up in Eiffel Tower.
Well you have to remember, each region a new Eeveelution is introduced, it has a different method of evolving your Eevee into it. I'm guessing that they will introduce some new mechanics, leaving some possibilities. It will probably have to do with the 3DS's new capabilities, considering the whole thing about this game is that it's in 3D (you know, X, Y, and Z axis? The fact that Xerneas is based off of an Axis Deer?)
Anyone have any ideas?

Zecaomes

Hey Scotty,Jesus Man
Well you have to remember, each region a new Eeveelution is introduced, it has a different method of evolving your Eevee into it. I'm guessing that they will introduce some new mechanics, leaving some possibilities. It will probably have to do with the 3DS's new capabilities, considering the whole thing about this game is that it's in 3D (you know, X, Y, and Z axis? The fact that Xerneas is based off of an Axis Deer?)
Anyone have any ideas?

Yeah,, they probably will. Maybe something with AR cards? i don't know

Ver-mont

Anyone have any ideas?

Maybe they'll just add a third counterpart to the Moss and Icy Rocks that wasn't available in other regions.

They introduce new evolution methods every Generation, anyway.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
The Pokemon other than Zubat that has been in all regional Pokedexes accept BW1 was Psyduck.

They were both in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and new Unova.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
They introduce new evolution methods every Generation, anyway.

New hold items can be introduced to evolve Eevee into a new Evolution. I saw this method that involved lowering Eevee's friendship in day and night to get two different Eeveelutions. But those were fake anyway. You never know.

Ver-mont

New hold items can be introduced to evolve Eevee into a new Evolution. I saw this method that involved lowering Eevee's friendship in day and night to get two different Eeveelutions. But those were fake anyway. You never know.

That would be weird, considering it was said these games will put more emphasis on the friendship between trainer and Pokémon.

german suplex

hipster chespin
Heres more: Steel type robot, Water/Ice type iguana, Rock/Ghost type totem pole, Water/rock type piranha, Ice type snowman, Fire/Dark type fernace, Normal type ox

A Steel/Electric Robot is a cool concept!

Now, with Unova as the only exception, the next few Pokemon are always the regional rodent, regional bird, and regional bug, though the order varies between generations.
And we know that the regional rodent always evolve only once. Assuming the other 2 evolves twice, that means #666 will be the final evo of one of them.
But, assuming one of those other 2 evolves only once, that means the regional stuffs ends at #665, leaving a large possibility for the #666.
If all of them evolves only once, it ends at #664, leaving an even larger possibility for the #666. #665 could be something that evolves into #666, for example.

Might be some sort of a devil ant at it's final evo if it's a bug type. Bug/Dark IMO

Back to Eeveelutions topic, I for once want a Steel eeveelution. So like everone else said, every gen with new eeveelution will probably have one type having the upper hand on the other (Dark>Psychic, Ice>Grass)

And from further speculations, people assume that one of them would be Ground due to the Golurk statue shown in the trailer. Therefore I hope that (just my two cents) the two types would be Ground>Steel. Though I prefer Steel>Rock though as both Steel and Rock have similarities. (Both Defensive) I kinda like the idea of Flying>Fighting too. Maybe we'll get our first bipedal Eeveelution. (I know there's been like a few quadruped-body fighting types but come on!)

Last edited:

Jonny2013

Bug Catcher
Pokemon Types that I would LOVE to see.

Normal/Ghost
Ghost/Fighting
Psychic/Dark
Normal/Electric
Rock/Electric
Grass/Fire
Dragon/Poison <---- Should be the Psuedo Legendary.. It would be frightening and nasty looking.
Ice/Fighting <---- Another possible Pseudo Legendary.. Or, at least the most powerful sweeper in the game.

I am REALLY hoping that this generation is mostly special and less physical. The fifth generation had a large amount of physically oriented Pokemon, I am hoping to see that this generation evens it out with high Physical defense and High Special attackers.

Also, regarding the Eeveelutions.. It's going to be Ground and Flying. I am nearly 100% sure about this, because someone who works with gamefreak implied on one being about the earth and the other about the air. So, it's either Ground and Flying or Rock and Flying. Either way, it's a good addition.

Last edited:

SenorLaughsaLot

Why So Serious ?
Also, regarding the Eeveelutions.. It's going to be Ground and Flying. I am nearly 100% sure about this, because someone who works with gamefreak implied on one being about the earth and the other about the air. So, it's either Ground and Flying or Rock and Flying. Either way, it's a good addition.

Do you have a source?

Jonny2013

Bug Catcher
I don't have a source.. But, I am sure I heard it somewhere. Why don't we just wait and see? If I am wrong, oh well.. But, if I am right, think about it for a second. How cool would a Ground Eeveelution and a Flying Eeveelution be? :)

SenorLaughsaLot

Why So Serious ?
I don't have a source.. But, I am sure I heard it somewhere. Why don't we just wait and see? If I am wrong, oh well.. But, if I am right, think about it for a second. How cool would a Ground Eeveelution and a Flying Eeveelution be? :)

It's not that I want to prove you wrong, I just wanted to see it myself. XD Of course, everything comes down to the release of the game (or early info). I myself actually favor a Dragon type and Fighting type. From the fanart I've seen, I think they can be really cool.

Jonny2013

Bug Catcher
Well, I would prefer a Fighting type and a Dragon type as well.. But, I am almost certain that it will be Ground and Flying, and that idea is actually growing on me.

Better names than Sandeon and Breezeon would be.. Mileon and Galeon. :p

Last edited:

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
Maybe the new eevolutions would have to involve with genetics? Since the game seems to revolve around genetics, maybe Nintendo is planning to have a new evolving method related to genetics. It sounds crazy, I know, but it does sound cool. I also heard someone have the idea of Eevee's ground evolution result from a sandstorm battle. But how would you evolve Eevee's steel evolution?

Ironfish

pokemon scientist
A Steel/Electric Robot is a cool concept!

Might be some sort of a devil ant at it's final evo if it's a bug type. Bug/Dark IMO

Back to Eeveelutions topic, I for once want a Steel eeveelution. So like everone else said, every gen with new eeveelution will probably have one type having the upper hand on the other (Dark>Psychic, Ice>Grass)

And from further speculations, people assume that one of them would be Ground due to the Golurk statue shown in the trailer. Therefore I believe (just my two cents) the two types would be Ground>Steel. Though I prefer Steel>Rock though as both Steel and Rock have similarities. (Both Defensive) I kinda like the idea of Flying>Fighting too. Maybe we'll get our first bipedal Eeveelution. (I know there's been like a few quadruped-body fighting types but come on!)
I was thinking it would be introduced like this:
Ground>Poison
Fighting>Normal
Flying>Bug
Steel>Rock
then Dragon&Ghost because there both effective on each other

Umbreon9

It's been a while...
Maybe the new eevolutions would have to involve with genetics? Since the game seems to revolve around genetics, maybe Nintendo is planning to have a new evolving method related to genetics. It sounds crazy, I know, but it does sound cool. I also heard someone have the idea of Eevee's ground evolution result from a sandstorm battle. But how would you evolve Eevee's steel evolution?

I was going to say something like that, but then I thought about how Eevee's already all about genes and stuff. Most of its PokeDex entries mention its "irregular genetic code".
But, you know, maybe they will do something like that. I'm just not sure how.

Ver-mont

As for the Eeveelutions, up until now they're always Special types (the formerly Special types, more accurately).

The only one left is Dragon, so I think this is our best bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.