• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

gliscor&yanmega

Expanding on my ideas:

I'd like some dual types that haven't been used much, to get at least another.

Fire/Rock-Three stage. Starts out pure Rock as a single piece of coal. It'll then evolved into a bunch of coals(Similar to how Magnemite and Klink evolve), also pure Rock. Then it's final evolution would have the coals heated with some little extra stuff, gains the Fire type.

Water/Grass-Two stage. First is small amount of Seaweed it's in a humanoid shape(A small child), it then evolves into a large batch of Seaweed also humanoid but more monster-like.

Electric/Ice-Two stage. Arctic Hare. First stage is just a typical Arctic Hare with some Yellow mixed into it and some other little touches. It then evolves into a bigger version with thunderbolts on it's legs and back.

Grass/Rock-Three stage(Or two would be fine). First is of a rock with a little Moss on it, as it evolves the Moss grows, it's final evolution would have the moss completely taking over the Rock.

Ice/Grass-Two stage. Some Grass that has a little frost on it. Final evolution would be a lot more frost.

Fighting/Rock-Standalone would be fine. Not sure if there is anything out there that would work alone with the type, if not then just a humanoid with a rock belt and some other rock features.

Poison/Flying-Two Stage. Flying Snake. Starts out Poison, a baby Snake. Then it evolves and gets it's wings...well not literally, although if they want to do that instead I'd be fine with that.

Bug/Ground-Standalone or two stage. Earthworm. Pretty much just an Earthworm, maybe some soil worked into it's design.

Flying/Steel-Two stage. An Airplane that evolves into a Rocket.

Psychic/Rock-Meteorite is all I can think of, so I guess an evolution to Solrock and Lunatone.

Bug/Water-Three stage. Rollie pollie ollie(Woodlouse, has many names used for it). Start out as a typical Woodlouse, it evolves into a sphere version of it. It's final evolution would have it's backside rolled up but it's front will be open, would be a little long.

Rock/Dark-Standalone. Gargoyle. I suppose Druddigon is kind of like one, but whatever, I'm sure they can make it different enough.

Ghost/Bug-Two stage. Ghost Spider. Starts out as Bug/Poison baby Spider, then it evolves into a more ghostly Spider(Taking it's name more literally), it loses Poison for Ghost(It can probably have Poison Touch/Point as an Ability).

Dragon/Fire-Two stage. Just a generic Dragon. Maybe there can be branched evolutions for it, so it starts out pure Dragon then either gains Fire, Water, or Grass.

Dark/Fighting-Standalone or two stage. Humanoid thing that is focused on some kind of fighting style but it uses dirty tricks. If it's two stages then maybe it can be pure Fighting that turns to dirty tricks upon evolving.

Steel/Water-Standalone or two stage. Put a Fish into some armor or something. Really, just take any Fish or Marine Mammal and slap some armor onto it. Shark, Whale, Dolphin, Swordfish(The Steel can be more for it's sword-like bill thing), etc...

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Expanding on my ideas:

Fire/Rock-Three stage. Starts out pure Rock as a single piece of coal. It'll then evolved into a bunch of coals(Similar to how Magnemite and Klink evolve), also pure Rock. Then it's final evolution would have the coals heated with some little extra stuff, gains the Fire type.

Seems plausible, and I like the idea of a Coal Pokémon.

Water/Grass-Two stage. First is small amount of Seaweed it's in a humanoid shape(A small child), it then evolves into a large batch of Seaweed also humanoid but more monster-like.

Makes sense, but Seewead isn't particularly common in France or the surrounding areas, but I guess it could be one of those rare off Pokémon.

Electric/Ice-Two stage. Arctic Hare. First stage is just a typical Arctic Hare with some Yellow mixed into it and some other little touches. It then evolves into a bigger version with thunderbolts on it's legs and back.

Okay, normally, I would disagree about Arctic hares in France. But I love the typing so no complaints.

Grass/Rock-Three stage(Or two would be fine). First is of a rock with a little Moss on it, as it evolves the Moss grows, it's final evolution would have the moss completely taking over the Rock.

Hum, the Moss taking over seems a little like the Paras family, but rocks don't have brains anyway, so, uh, well, Stroms?

Ice/Grass-Two stage. Some Grass that has a little frost on it. Final evolution would be a lot more frost.

Good, but grass isn't all too plausible. I think a lilypad esque plant would be better suited, as the plant doesn't seem as, well, odd/generic as grass.

Fighting/Rock-Standalone would be fine. Not sure if there is anything out there that would work alone with the type, if not then just a humanoid with a rock belt and some other rock features.

Hum, for design it could be statues that are martial artists/swordmen.

Poison/Flying-Two Stage. Flying Snake. Starts out Poison, a baby Snake. Then it evolves and gets it's wings...well not literally, although if they want to do that instead I'd be fine with that.

Bug/Ground-Standalone or two stage. Earthworm. Pretty much just an Earthworm, maybe some soil worked into it's design.

honestly enough, I just can't seem to visualize this :p

Psychic/Rock-Meteorite is all I can think of, so I guess an evolution to Solrock and Lunatone.

Bug/Water-Three stage. Rollie pollie ollie(Woodlouse, has many names used for it). Start out as a typical Woodlouse, it evolves into a sphere version of it. It's final evolution would have it's backside rolled up but it's front will be open, would be a little long.

Rock/Dark-Standalone. Gargoyle. I suppose Druddigon is kind of like one, but whatever, I'm sure they can make it different enough.

Works.

Ghost/Bug-Two stage. Ghost Spider. Starts out as Bug/Poison baby Spider, then it evolves into a more ghostly Spider(Taking it's name more literally), it loses Poison for Ghost(It can probably have Poison Touch/Point as an Ability).

Dragon/Fire-Two stage. Just a generic Dragon. Maybe there can be branched evolutions for it, so it starts out pure Dragon then either gains Fire, Water, or Grass.

Dark/Fighting-Standalone or two stage. Humanoid thing that is focused on some kind of fighting style but it uses dirty tricks. If it's two stages then maybe it can be pure Fighting that turns to dirty tricks upon evolving.

Steel/Water-Standalone or two stage. Put a Fish into some armor or something. Really, just take any Fish or Marine Mammal and slap some armor onto it. Shark, Whale, Dolphin, Swordfish(The Steel can be more for it's sword-like bill thing), etc...

Okay, I commented, which is in Bold.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
The evos that should be made in Gen VI: . . .
Smeargle : Normal

Smeargle's the kind of pokémon that's more than likely to get a prevo than evo. It's too much like Wobbuffet where it's stats & move pool are at a certain point that you go any further. The only thing I can think of smeargle getting is a prevo that evolves via happiness

Last edited:

Drohn

I'd like to see more Rotom forms, electric/fighting would be nice to see, or other new type combos with electric would be nice. there are very few duo electric types. electric poison would be very cool in my opinion

Expanding on my ideas:

Interesting read..i would love to see more unique typings

Machomacho

Smeargle's the kind of pokémon that's more than likely to get a prevo than evo. It's too much like Wobbuffet where it's stats & move pool are at a certain point that you go any further. The only thing I can think of smeargle getting is a prevo that evolves via happiness

The reason I don't see Smeargle evolving is because of Sketch. Why have an evolution or pre-Evo if all it learns is one move multiple times. Any kind of Evo doesn't seem right to him anyways, IMO

Dreamy

I'm really hoping for a proper raven, more in the Edgar Allen Poe sense not so much a crime boss, I liked Honchkrow, but could use some tweaks. Maybe an evo or a branch evo from murkrow or totally unrelated. Hoping for some really awesome psychic types.

confuser987

A good Rock/Fighting combo would be a T-rex, and it would be especially cool if it was a fossil.

GameFreak should do a game collaborating with the new Jurassic Park coming out in the near future although the dinosaurs are said be a hybrid of dinosaurs and humans.

LeoP2008

Trainer/Coordinator
A Skarmory evo...

pkmn___Skargory_by_Narsilion.png

...a Ghost/Fighting combo...

pkmn___Werlycan_by_Narsilion.png

...and a new Lucario/Zoroark clone and a new Gyarados/Milotic clone.

^THAT is my wishlist. ;)

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
A Skarmory evo...

^THAT is my wishlist. ;)

Let me ask you this...Are you willing to fight an EVEOLITE Skarmory?

I'd like to see more Rotom forms, electric/fighting would be nice to see, or other new type combos with electric would be nice. there are very few duo electric types. electric poison would be very cool in my opinion

Exactly the reason why I'd discourage new Rotom forms. Electric is my favorite type, and I'd like to see some new unique lines.
Electric Combos I'm crossing my fingers for:
Electric/Poison
Electric/Rock
Electric/Dark
Electric/Fire

Fire is another type that could use some love, now that I think about it. You ever look at a list of Fire types? Not much there.

Last edited:

yoshi007

Ice Type Trainer
Exactly the reason why I'd discourage new Rotom forms. Electric is my favorite type, and I'd like to see some new unique lines.
Electric Combos I'm crossing my fingers for:
Electric/Poison
Electric/Rock
Electric/Dark
Electric/Fire

Fire is another type that could use some love, now that I think about it. You ever look at a list of Fire types? Not much there.

I've also imagined Electric/Grass and Electric/Ice in the past. Would especially love Electric/Ice as Ice is currently my favourite type.

Indeed, Fire was shunned quite a bit in Gen III (not including starters: Numel, Camerupt, Torkoal) and especially Gen IV (not including starters or Heatran: Magmortar). Luckily Gen V brought some amazing Fire types, including Pokémon such as Volcarona (my 2nd favourite Pokmon overall) and Chandelure, both of which just about made up for the butchering of Tepig's evolutions. I hope Gen VI introduces some awesome Fire types too - Fire/Water and Fire/Ice would be interesting to see.

gtk

duurrrr...
Let me ask you this...Are you willing to fight an EVEOLITE Skarmory?

A ghost/fighting type would be freakin awesome. I've never even thought of that for some reason...

BunniBear4

Pokémon Trainer
A Skarmory evo...

^THAT is my wishlist. ;)

I love Skargory. I don't use steel types often but I would definitely use that or maybe a ghost/steel knight mon (anyway I generally have at least two of my favorite types; psychic, dark, and ghost so the second option would work more). I don't really do competitive battles so I have no issues with eveolite skarmory.

CameronSt

Awakened
Not sure if anybody said this yet but if they consider the 3DS a different system then the Ds then they could add a new porygon, not sure about that though because that would be its 4th evolution so it would probably have to evolve from porygon 2 instead which doesn't make much sense. But who knows, they are changing things up (hopefully for the better) so I don't see how that couldn't be a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.