• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cliffy T

Would it not be the other way around, like Slugma into Magcargo? Unless it ditched the shell and had an ability to increase speed, like Ninjask does, when it evolves?

Another slug Pokemon that evolves into a snail would be cool. Maybe make it a grass type. And make it evolve by leveling while holding an item that's a shell. It's evolved form would then be wearing that same shell.

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
I want a dolphin Pokemon. And I want it to be this cute.

water_starter__delphiti_by_julien9495-d39107n.png

I know Snivy got a lot of hate for losing its legs as it evolved, but I'd love to see that pattern in a dolphin pokemon. Y'know, starting it with cute, chubby little legs that let it waddle and eventually becoming this great sleek behemoth.

Ampharoid

AMPHAROS TREYNUR

I know Snivy got a lot of hate for losing its legs as it evolved, but I'd love to see that pattern in a dolphin pokemon. Y'know, starting it with cute, chubby little legs that let it waddle and eventually becoming this great sleek behemoth.

Good god that's a cute pokemon, I just love it when little cute pokemon become these epic, awesome beasts, like axew to haxorus

yoshi007

Ice Type Trainer
I know I've said it before, but I really hope this generation brings some great new dual Ice types. While I do like the Gen V Ice types, they're all mono-type (not counting Kyurem as it's a legendary), which is firstly a bit boring and secondly doesn't leave them with that much in terms of movesets and usability. I mean, they are usable (apart from Cryogonal), they just could've been better. Gen IV had the right idea with Ice types, it took many previously not-so-great Ice types (which was nearly all of them to be honest) and created some amazing, actually usable Pokémon, e.g. Weavile, Mamoswine, and Froslass. Glaceon is pure Ice type and yet it's a great Pokémon. Even Abomasnow, which was a completely new Ice type, can be great offensively, so long as you avoid Fire types. It's interesting, I was planning an Ice-type team to train up and 5 out of the 6 Pokémon I chose I noticed were from Gen IV (the ones mentioned above, the other one is Lapras).

So yes, basically, I would love it if in this gen my favourite type got some great new Pokémon with some awesome dual typing. (Fire/Ice and Ice/Steel anyone?)

[aka]

So, I was messing around on Wikipedia, and I saw this.
Normal/Rock fossil, anyone? :D
Or maybe just a Normal type, considering it's a living fossil?

bloocookies

I hope Poison and Grass get a boost in new usable pokemon (They are not my favourite types but they have some great designs already)

humilau

Mister Fisher!
I completely agree as far as Royal treatment goes. Bugs got a lot of new toys to play with, like quiver dance, and really good bug type pokemon like Volcarona and such. If they were to enhance a type, I sure hope its the Normal type. Yes I know, we already have a bunch of normal types, some being quite good. Except think about it. Normal types have only 5 type combinations available. Normal - Normal/Water - Normal/Psychic - Normal/Fighting - Normal/Flying. Mind you there are only 2 Nomal/Water pokemon, 2 Normal Psychic (1 of them being Meloetta) and 1 Normal/Fighting (Again Meloetta).

Normal types are pretty much built up of the standard Normal and Normal/Flying Types, with neither being able to combat the common Fighting and/or Eletric/Ice attacks with reasonable ease. Normal types are forced to fight with solely there movepools, abilities, items and stats alone. Which is why they are my favorite type - they slay the supernaturals! <3
Though with this said I feel, the normal type should get a bit of attention from gamefreak. Give them a break from the wallops they receive. Give them...dare I say it....a
NORMAL/GHOST pokemon! Immunity to fighting, ghost, and normal attacks. Can't get better then that.

You know what? Other than that, i'm kinda hoping for a Normal-type, legendary, pixie type pokemon too. And as for Normal/Ghost, bring it on! It could be based on possessed dolls or something, there's just too many yokai out there to draw inspiration from.

Good god that's a cute pokemon, I just love it when little cute pokemon become these epic, awesome beasts, like axew to haxorus

Didn't think Axew was cute until I saw the anime. And yeah we need some dolphin pokemon. Lanturn, as awesome as it is, just doesn't cut it.

Last edited:

adamfitz

poké-lover

Oh my god! I love it!
So cute and could become so strong.
Wish it was real!

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

Looks more like a Snover prevolution than a dolphin.

Aurath8

[aka];15641896 said:

Well Relicanth wasn't a fossil, despite being in the same situation. Maybe it could evolve by learning Ancientpower or something.

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
[aka];15641896 said:

*Clicks link. Eyes immediately look at the picture of two of them mating* God what's wrong with me...? But in any case, I think that that could be a fairly interesting fossil Pokémon. (Still waiting on my Tyrannosaurus though...)

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
Pokémon I'd like to see in the 6th gen include:

Modern and recently extinct Animals:
- Koala (Grass/Poison)
- Panda (A proper one) (Grass or Grass/Ground)
- Dolphin (Water/Psychic)
- Hammerhead Shark (Water/Steel or Water/Dark)
- Komodo Dragon (Dragon/Poison)
- Eurasian Badger (Normal or Ground)
- Shoebill (Dark/Flying)
- Heron (Water/Flying)
- Tasmanian Devil (Dark)
- Thylacine (Tasmanian Wolf) (Electric/normal)
- Echidna (Steel/Ground)
- Platypus (Water/Poison)
- Dodo (Normal/Flying)
- Manatee (Water/Ground)

Prehistoric animals (Fossil Pokémon)
- Iguanodon (Since they were fairly common dinosaurs in Europe) (Rock/Grass)
- Mosasaurus (Rock/Water)
- Arthropleurid (Rock/Bug)
- Pterygotus (Rock/Water)
- Parasaurolophus (Rock/Psychic or if the rumoured Sound type is going to be introduced Rock/Sound)
Entelodont.jpg
- Entelodont (Giant carnivorous relative of modern day pigs) (Rock/Dark)

- Gorgonopsid (Sabertoothed reptilian relatives of early mammals) (Rock/Dark or Rock/Ground)

(Pre)-Evolutions :
- Dragon, Bug, Steel, Rock and Flying eeveelutions
- Dunsparce evo (Make it look like Quetzalcoatl)
- Alomamola evo
- Girafarig evo
- Druddigon pre-evo
- Qwilfish evo
- Stunfisk evo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.