• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bariokie

rock dog
The rumoured new Pokémon sound okay - I'm so happy there is going to be a dolphin! (I know it's only a rumour, but I'm clinging to it!)

If it was i would scream : OMG DDDOOOOOOOLPHOINNNNNNNNNDHJFJFBBDBDHDHDHRHDNNXJJ

LeoP2008

Trainer/Coordinator
I would definatley agree with giving Dunsparce an evolution. I mean c'mon the little guy diserves it. I mean what was Gamefreak thinking? "Lets make a rattle snake with wings that looks like a ground type, but is actually a normal type, give it less then mediocre stats, and don't allow it to evolve." that poor little guy needs some spotlight, especially since he has ALOT of potential with his movepool and abilities.

I know, right!! AND THEN they made it so rare, you'd have to walk around in a dark cave hoping for a swarm!! Dunsparce get's my nomination for "secret pseudo-legend." I can really see it turning out to be a Normal/Dragon type....

If a Pokemon had more than two types, it might be able to be invincible. Imagine a Fighting/Ghost/Dragon type. It's almost invincible, and with items or abilities/moves, it could become potentially gamebreaking. I mean, I know GF could just not make invincible Pokemon, but if there's Light/Sound/Space types and tri-typed Pokes, the chart WILL get out of balance, even though adding new types will just acquire some small changes to make it more balanced. Tri-types would be nice to add if it were still Gen 1 and Gen 2 was coming... but 6 gens in, I don't think so IMO.

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
If it was i would scream : OMG DDDOOOOOOOLPHOINNNNNNNNNDHJFJFBBDBDHDHDHRHDNNXJJ

Yeah it's about time if there's going to be a dolphin Pokémon but I want a black panther or a jaguar to be introduced. All the recent feline Pokémon didn't cut it for me. Naturally a black panther Pokémon should be Dark type, not sure what type a jaguar would be, maybe Fire type?

Zorgaz

Veteran
Yeah it's about time if there's going to be a dolphin Pokémon but I want a black panther or a jaguar to be introduced. All the recent feline Pokémon didn't cut it for me. Naturally a black panther Pokémon should be Dark type, not sure what type a jaguar would be, maybe Fire type?

Electric/Dark? Want to see some new combos

LeoP2008

Trainer/Coordinator
Electric/Dark? Want to see some new combos

Luxray fans would be a bit upset. The guy just SCREAMED dark-lightening Simba...

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
I decided to look up the Hoenn Pokémon and looked and which Pokémon would benefit from an evolution:

Masquerain - Definitely, as an evolution, it's still weak - needs an evolution
Shedinja - Shedinja is itself very weak, not Nicada. Possibly a Sehdinja exclusive evolution (that Ninjask can't evolve into)
Delcatty - Possibly give it an evolution with a second type?
Sableye - In itself it really needs a boost, especially being a Pokémon with no family ties
Mawile - Same as above
Medicham - Possibly a last stage just to make it a bit more stronger
Plusle/Minun - They are just Pichu cousins, but hey - why not a Pikachu cousin to make them stronger?
Volbeat/Illumise - A joint-evolution and pre-evolution for these two?
Spinda - C'mon, it's just a pointless Pokémon right now.
Castform - Possibly branched evolutions for the weather, rather than just formes?
Chimecho - Do I even need to explain?
Luvdisc - Find it an evolution or link it somehow with Amomola(sp) [Like a item that couldn't be found before now found, therefore discovering the link between the two)

DarkSword39

Heehouhouhouhou!
Masquerain is a beginning bug, along with Shedinja.
However, evolution Volbeet/Illumise...ON!!
Maybe Bug/Electric or Bug/Fire or worse Bug/Flying.
EDIT: Plusle/Minun with multiplication and division signs!

Last edited:

Aurath8

I decided to look up the Hoenn Pokémon and looked and which Pokémon would benefit from an evolution:

Shedinja - Shedinja is itself very weak, not Nicada. Possibly a Sehdinja exclusive evolution (that Ninjask can't evolve into)
Sableye - In itself it really needs a boost, especially being a Pokémon with no family ties
Mawile - Same as above
Plusle/Minun - They are just Pichu cousins, but hey - why not a Pikachu cousin to make them stronger?
Castform - Possibly branched evolutions for the weather, rather than just formes?
Luvdisc - Find it an evolution or link it somehow with Amomola(sp) [Like a item that couldn't be found before now found, therefore discovering the link between the two)

I agree with everything except Medicham and Castform. Remember Medicham has Pure Power effectively giving it over base 150 attack. It doesn't really need to be stronger. Castform's whole gimmick is that he can freely adapt to several different weather types. I would like an evolution though as 70 across the board just doesn't cut it. 90 for everything would be pretty decent.

Is might be me being stupid but what do you mean by "beginning bug" exactly?

Caterpie, Wurmple, Weedle etc. Basically the early game bug type that, until Gen V, has been generally terrible.

Last edited:

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
I agree with everything except Medicham and Castform. Remember Medicham has Pure Power effectively giving it over base 150 attack. It doesn't really need to be stronger. Castform's whole gimmick is that he can freely adapt to several different weather types. I would like an evolution though as 70 across the board just doesn't cut it. 90 for everything would be pretty decent.

Caterpie, Wurmple, Weedle etc. Basically the early game bug type that, until Gen V, has been generally terrible.

Ah, I thought he meant something different due to them being evolutions. Yeah, I understand why now, but at the same time, how about an evolution thats only possible due to an item thats only available later in the game? I don't think they should stay weak when an evolution could make them a little stronger and overall maybe more useful to people. One thing that urks me is that there are a few Pokémon that are more or less useless battle wise..

Ampharoid

AMPHAROS TREYNUR
Torkoal could use an evo! So could Banette, anddddd sableye, and what about Wobuffet?! And evos for far'fetched and smeargle, zangoose, seviper, and audino!. Pre evos for lickitung, and maybe druddigon?

Last edited:

Aurath8

Ah, I thought he meant something different due to them being evolutions. Yeah, I understand why now, but at the same time, how about an evolution thats only possible due to an item thats only available later in the game? I don't think they should stay weak when an evolution could make them a little stronger and overall maybe more useful to people. One thing that urks me is that there are a few Pokémon that are more or less useless battle wise..

Not every pokemon was intended to be used in battle. Take Unown, possibly the worst pokemon in the game but it serves for a nice recurring sidequest and provides a little mystery to the pokemon world. Others are designed as joke pokemon like Delibird or Farfetch'd. If I had my way, all pokemon would be, at one point in the game, useful. But if every pokemon was say...Poliwrath's level or better the game would just stagnate.

Torkoal could use an evo! So could Banette, anddddd sableye, and what about Wobuffet?!

Wobbufet doesn't need an evo. He's already ridiculously bulky and has an awesome ability. What I'd like is to have Torkoal gain a common ancestor with another tortoise pokemon. Maybe this pokemon chose to live in the sea rather than in a volcano and became a Water type. They could have a Normal type prevo that evolves through Fire/Water Stone into either Torkoal with the Water evo having similar stats but with 140 Spdef rather than Def.

Last edited:

Mawile - Same as above
Luvdisc - Find it an evolution or link it somehow with Amomola(sp) (Like a item that couldn't be found before now found, therefore discovering the link between the two)

I remember several or a dozen (IDK) pages ago I had an idea like this. I really want it.

---

I agree with almost all of this. As Aurath8 has said, Medicham doesn't really need an evo, but Castform does. They can keep the gimmick, and improve on it too. See, we have the Sun form, Ice Form, Rain form and Normal form. So, we could have the evolution be like Deerling and Sawsbuck, and change depending on the season. But it could have a move, maybe Season Slide (off the top of my head) which has no type and whatever season it is it has a different effect, like Summer: Fire Ball, Fall: A Multi-Colored ball of leaves that's Normal/Grass typed, Winter: Ice Ball, Spring: Water Ball. See the reasoning?

Last edited:

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
*Reads rumour list* If that one about Froakie being based on wizards is true, totally naming it Gandalf

Mitja

Veteran smartass
The fact that HALF of the old pokemon shown in trailer (including in actual overworld statues) is gen V,
I'm quite confident that this region will be like Sinnoh, but with the old being a focus on gen V and fanservice.

Lets assume a dex of 200-250.

Lets assume 100 new ones.

Lets say 20 of them are new stages for old ones.
Which makes about 30 of the 100-150 old pokemon, the pokemon that gain said stages.

Which leaves us with70-120 old pokemon.

Id say 50 of them gen V to play all the common roles:
-not Tentacool but Frillish
-not Geodude but Roggenrola

and the rest will be fanservice, like Pikachu, Eevee...

So essentially, this will look like the 2nd non-japanese region with mostly extras and evos instead of tons of generic new stuff like gen V did.

SilverFox

So sly
If Roggenrola comes back I just really hope that the hiker trainer class is very few in numbers, cuz I'm tired of that sturdy crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.