• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yveltal96

A little more human
*Snicker*Speaking of deserts, I've wanted a grass type tumble weed pokemon that is planted to the ground, later to evolve into a grass/ghost tumbleweed pokemon that rolled across the desert.

Though I'm just getting my hopes up. I doubt that's going to happen exactly...but a tumbleweed pokemon is still a possibility.

That is like one of the best and creative ideas i have heard (no joke lol)

Machomacho

Ok one thing I don't understand is why people are thinking milk tank and Taurous are a pairing. I do not see anything of the sort because
1) Milktank is a cow and Taurous is a buffalo IMO (I have never considered him a cow)
2) they don't even look alike.

Yveltal96

A little more human
Ok one thing I don't understand is why people are thinking milk tank and Taurous are a pairing. I do not see anything of the sort because
1) Milktank is a cow and Taurous is a buffalo IMO (I have never considered him a cow)

tauros is a bull which is basically a male form of a cow and they were actually intended to be counterparts

Bearcubxox

A buffalo... I hardly thing bouffalant is really a buffalo let alone the bull Tauros...

I've never heard they were intended to be a pairing though...

Machomacho

tauros is a bull which is basically a male form of a cow and they were actually intended to be counterparts

Ahh bull is what I meant. Counterparts? I'm sorry I don't see it. I see the concept, but not realistically.

Zachmac

To clear up your argument about the cattle pokemon, get on HG/SS and bring a Tauros to the farm, then talk to it. If you do this a couple times, you may notice that it's acting...agressive.

I think they actually are meant to be counterparts. Afterall, a lot of generation 1 pokemon were delayed for gen 2. Even Ho-oh was; just watch the first episode of the anime. That was long before gen 2.

Bearcubxox

I'd like a pre EVo that evolves to either Taurus or miltank, then give them both an evolution

Yveltal96

A little more human
To clear up your argument about the cattle pokemon, get on HG/SS and bring a Tauros to the farm, then talk to it. If you do this a couple times, you may notice that it's acting...agressive.

I think they actually are meant to be counterparts. Afterall, a lot of generation 1 pokemon were delayed for gen 2. Even Ho-oh was; just watch the first episode of the anime. That was long before gen 2.
kinda like munchlax being around in the third gen anime and i did do that in SS

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer

Correction. A bull is not "basically" a male cow. Why? Because there is such a thing as a female bull. Hence why female Tauros exist.

<source> I own cattle.

^^^Agreed^^^

Last edited:

Yveltal96

A little more human
Correction. A bull is not "basically" a male cow. Why? Because there is such a thing as a female bull. Hence why female Tauros exist.

<source> I own cows.

Actually Tauros has a 100% male ratio and Miltank has a 100% female ratio. and yes i'm fully aware of there being female bulls but cows are often misconceived as female bulls and we are talking about Tauros and Miltank being counterparts not biology

I'd like a pre EVo that evolves to either Taurus or miltank, then give them both an evolution
or do one prevo that has a 50% chance of male or female and depending on gender it will turn into Tauros or Miltank if it's male or female respectively. that would be cool

Last edited:

<source> I own cattle.

Wrong.
"A bull is an intact (i.e., not castrated) adult male of the species Bos taurus (cattle). More muscular and aggressive than the female of the species, the cow."

I don't think Flying Snakes are the most commonly known Animals. Most people probably wouldn't think Snake can fly(Even though Flying Snakes glide, which is like how Flying Squirrels don't actually fly either).

Another Scorpion would be fine with me, I like having them use a species more then once, gives more options and potential for themed teams.

I could see a handful getting evolutions, there's a few that aren't part of an evaluation line, doubt all will get one though.

Now when I think about it Qwilfish, Jynx, Dunsparce, Banette, Mawile, Mr. Mime, Sableye, and Kecleon could use evolutions.

Another pokemon I would like to see is A Squid or an Alligator. :D

[aka]

Personally, I'm expecting a pre-evo to Sawk and Throh a la the Hitmons. Another evo could be cool too, but we'll see.
I'd also love if they did more with Sigilyph, be it a pre-evo, evo, or counterpart.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
At Pokemon1998Ash: Sandile?

[aka];15664249 said:
Personally, I'm expecting a pre-evo to Sawk and Throh a la the Hitmons. Another evo could be cool too, but we'll see.
I'd also love if they did more with Sigilyph, be it a pre-evo, evo, or counterpart.

Nah, that would just be too rough.. I mean I already find it hard to see Sawk and Throh not simply as new versions of old pokemon, and adding prevo/evo-would just add insult to injury.

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
Nah, that would just be too rough.. I mean I already find it hard to see Sawk and Throh not simply as new versions of old pokemon, and adding prevo/evo-would just add insult to injury.

Or it might help distinguish them from the old ones and help you think of them in a new and better light?

Whatever new or old pokemon we get, I just hope two things:

1. That the regional dex is as MASSIVE as BW2.
2. That the pre-1st gym-choice is as varied and bountiful as BW2.

Black and White were very restricted - you had your starter, a monkey, Lillipup, the regional rodent, and a craptacular (sorry Purrloin) cat. That was it, and if you didn't like em, tough cookies - you were stuck with em till you earned your badge. BW2's selection was...beautiful. Mareep and Sewaddle before the 1st gym? YES PLEASE. Magby, Magnemite and Koffing in time for the 2nd? GIMME.

BunniBear4

Pokémon Trainer
I hope we get that fusion of moltres, articuno and zapdos ( zapmolcuno ). Wanted that ever since I read pokemon special !

I feel as if they were ever going to do that it would have had to have been Gen I since I don't think major changes would be made to legendaries of a different generations. The Black and White Kyurem makes more sense since Kyurem, Zekrom, and Reshiram are all Gen V pokemon and the fusions were introduced in Gen V. It would be weird if the fusions were added in Gen VI since it wouldn't have anything to do with the new legendaries and their stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.