• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turchiple

Advanced Spriter
You know it would be funny if gamefreak didn't 100% know what the new eeveelution type was

Last edited:

divinepanda

Lv. 100 Spinda
No because Dark type coresponds with dirty tactics fighting. It is the counterpart to Fighting which is honorable or at least diciplined fighting.

Dark also deals with being void of light and shadows: Faint Attack, Dark Pulse, Dark Void, Night Daze, Night Slash... And fighting isn't all honorable as fighting being super effective against normal can almost be seen as a bullying type effect since the strong/discipline are beating up the run of the mill/non-talented.

dman_dustin

I don't think introducing a new type would make any sense.

It's already bad enough that there are 17 types to make Pokemon for, which at 10 each type, would be 170 brand new Pokemon.

The most we've ever gotten is, 156?

Add any additional new type or additional types, and that just means less distribution with types.

I for one just don't want 1 dragon or 1 ghost line like 2nd generation. Then again I don't want any types to be screwed over. Not even water (5th gen is the reason why I said that).

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer
You know it would be funny if gamefreak didn't 100% know what the new eeveelution type was

Well they have too.
The movie is already in production, meaning It has a plot, meaning they have a concept of what they intend for Ninfia.

Amanchu

not that i liked ninfia in anyway and dont understand what the hell is wrong with GF about types and such, it looks like it can be anything but since it started with the special types i am gonna go with dragon....

aerial_ace

This scarf thing around its ears is puzzling me. It doesn't seem to be attached to its body it just floats in the air which is a little weird. Maybe it is a weapon of some sort ?? Boomerang or smth :p

elfrings

It's just a theory. No one else has provided any type of explanation for the "Nin" prefix in Ninfia's name. I did a little research and came up with the info in my post. Is it outlandish? Absolutely. Is it attempting to shed light (no pun intended) on this new mystery? Absolutely. And that's all I'm trying to accomplish.

A lot of people (myself included) have stated that "ninfu" is romaji for "nymph" and fits with more recent Eevee evolutions:
Leafu + ia = Leafia
Ninfu + ia = Ninfia

Which leads me to believe it's not "nin-" but "ninf-". But I was of a similar mind as you before I came to this realization. I figured "nin-" could indicate it's a normal type or fighting.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Fighting? How so?

Fighting represents inner strength and defined training as opposed to Dark's dirty tricks and sneak attacks, as said twenty times in the last hour. Fighting moves tend to be martial arts or involve aura or whatever, while Dark moves tend to involve trickery and unfair play. Dark-type moves are resisted by Fighting-types and Dark-types are weak to Fighting-type moves. The Ability Justified is available on eight fully-evolved Pokemon, six of which are Fighting-type.

But flying isn't a special type. Introducing a Physical type evolution would be really out of left field, IMO.

Besides, it doesn't have wings and we know how muh Game Freak likes wings on flying things (save for a select few). Even Dunsparce has wings and he can't do any flying moves.

It would presumably represent wind elements as opposed to bird anatomy. There's nothing wrong with Flying-types not having wings.

KKS-Lapras

Dark also deals with being void of light and shadows: Faint Attack, Dark Pulse, Dark Void, Night Daze, Night Slash... And fighting isn't all honorable as fighting being super effective against normal can almost be seen as a bullying type effect since the strong/discipline are beating up the run of the mill/non-talented.

I don't disagree with the Dark type analysis, but Normal types are in no means run of the mil/non-talented. They have traits and abilities that set them apart and make them powerful as well.

bippacooleth

Quiver Dance=Success
I'm 100% rooting for normal type. Any kind of bow in these games will instantly scream normal type for me. It would probably be pretty cool if they made it the final and strongest of the eevelutions, alluding to the idea that Ninfia(?) is the 'meant to be' evolution of Eevee.

EDIT: just looked at it again, ghost type is definitely another possibility - those soulless eyes :s

Last edited:

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer
I don't disagree with the Dark type analysis, but Normal types are in no means run of the mil/non-talented. They have traits and abilities that set them apart and make them powerful as well.

Ty^^
People are just reaching and digging at this point... *rolls eyes*

divinepanda

Lv. 100 Spinda

I agree, but with the name "Normal" implies simplicity and normality. Fighting being SE against Normal always felt like to me a type of bullying. And compared to fighting they are technically unskilled as they use moves from everyday life.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Because of bordeom, here comes speculation list of possible Dex Poké.

Pichu/Pikachu/Raichu (Teaser, and well, duh)
Cubchoo/Beartic (?)
Smeargle (Art?)
Cherubi/Cherrim (Well, vineyards maybe?)
Eevee+Eeveelutions+Ninfia (basically confirmed)
Golett/Golurk (trailer)
Magikarp/Gyarados (trailer)
Munchlax/Snorlax (trailer)
Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir/Gallade (trailer)
PanSear/Sage/Pour+SimiSear/Sage/Pour (trailer)
Patrat/Watchog (Trailer)
Litwick/Lampent/Chandelure (Trailer)
Psyduck/Golduck (Trailer)
Sneasel/Weavile (Trailer)
Audino (Trailer)
Mienfoo/Mienshao (Trailer)
Dratini/Dragonair/Dragonite (Trailer)
Xerneas (Trailer)
Yveltal (Trailer
Fennekin/Chespin/Froakie (Trailer)

All of them except the three after Pikachu are in the trailer.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
EDIT: just looked at it again, ghost type is definitely another possibility - those soulless eyes :s

I don't get it.

They're no more soulless than any of the other Pokemon in the picture.

I agree, but with the name "Normal" implies simplicity and normality. Fighting being SE against Normal always felt like to me a type of bullying. And compared to fighting they are technically unskilled as they use moves from everyday life.

Fighting > Normal is bullying in the same way Water > Fire is bullying, or any other type matchup. It represents how precise, calculated martial arts could wreck a "normal" guy.

You really can't call Pokemon attacking each other in a Pokemon battle bullying, though, by any use of the word. If any type is a bully, it's the Dark-type.

Last edited:

TWN

5326 7398 1244
Okay! If you win, your an idiot who got lucky. If I win, well then your just an idiot yet again.

Hm, your close-mindedness is stronger than I thought. Tell me, did you consider idiots the sole few who guessed Black and White would have sequels to uphold the intelligence of those who thought a game called "Pokémon Gray" would exist?

I've already answered this in my previous response to you, which can be found here.

If Dark is just dirty fighting tactics, then why was Dark a Special type in generation 3 while Fighting was a Physical type? I don't understand where you get this information from. It sounds like something the fandom made up that isn't actually represented by Game Freak. I have never known any set of Pokémon to embody Dark and Fighting as counterparts.

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
Light-type is as much possible as Sound-type, Air-type, Magic-type, Cyber-type, Zombie-type, Virus-type, Plastic-type, Fabric-type, Blood-type, Tamarind-type, or Saliva-type.

basically meaning that there will be no chance of it ever occuring. it is just stupid to make another type, it would just throw off the balance that we have had since generation 2, Virus is basically your poison type, zombie type is ghost type pokemon, Cyber is Steel, Air is Flying, and the rest of the other types you just mentioned make absolutley no sense. in fact GF would be far better off staying with the seventeen types they already have

[aka]

It would presumably represent wind elements as opposed to bird anatomy. There's nothing wrong with Flying-types not having wings.

I just counted nine Flying-types (excluding legends) without wings, membranes, etc., so you actually have a really good point. Still, two of those are flightless birds from back when "Bird" was originally going to be a type, one is based on a mythical dragon (Gyarados), three are based on leaves and petals floating in the wind, two are balloons, and one is a possessed fan which levitates regardless of its type. While, based on all of this, it IS possible (especially considering that its bow-tie is vaguely butterfly-esque), I doubt it.
Frankly, given the secrecy behind both its type and the types of the legendaries, I think we may be facing a new type.

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
Ninfia looks great, especially because it look a lot like Skyla. Actually it is the first time I like an eeveelution in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.