• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.
About Ninfa I think will be normal type with a special item or with a trade... Flying type? no because doesn't has wings, poison not exactly because is " cute " and umbreon is dark and has the correct profile but ninfa not..

Chespin, Fenekin and Froakie evolutions will convert in full NU pokémon like almost all the starter lines.. so i don't care about them

Last edited:

Metabyte

IV Breeder
But they're just being so...ignorant and telling us it possibly couldn't be a type we have based on appearance and the ??? Thing. Kinda annoying. I mean, the whole Light Type things has been though about for a while. ._.

I don't think that it's impossible for a new type to be added, just that its very unlikely. I am pretty sure that they arent EVER going to use "???" as a type though, it wouldnt make any sense. If they were going to use a new type I think they would actually name it. If they were going to use it, they would have made pokemon with the type when they added curse.

Honestly, a lot of the people suggesting that there will be a new type seem pretty ignorant too, a lot of them post it like it has to happen.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
No this is not a prime example of REAL observations... I can see a sausage in the design if I try hard enough, that doesn't make it the Sausage Pokemon.

Yeah, that's too subjective an observation, you need to look at objective details like design/anatomy and etymology.

Air Hostess.
Me: TWINKI-- ....wait....nevermind...

But yeah, the kite things did it for me.

And THANK YOU! Color and design does NOT always determine the type. Look at Serperior and Empoleon. Everyone thought, 'Grass/Poinson!" And "Water/Ice!" But look, Pure Grass and Water/Steel.

Yeah, that's too subjective an observation, you need to look at objective details like design/anatomy and etymology.

What, so the objective details point towards a kite and an air hostess?? Because someone found a picture of a kite with bow ties it looks like a kite? And I've never seen an air hostess with ribbons and bow ties.
If they were going for something like that, it would be more obvious.

adamfitz

poké-lover
See! ^^^^
This is a prime example of REAL observations being deduced.

I can totally see a kite, and a flight attendant in her design.

I'm 100% with you
I believe flying because of the great solid speculation
The others have no good ground to stand on

I'm with flying due to ninfia been:
The lightest of the eevee's
Resembling kites
Resembling an air hostess
Its flowing ribbons
Its paler colors
Its sky blue eyes
Resembling Amelia air heart
Resembling streamers
Its design suggested flying or normal to me
Eevee is the normal type in my eyes
Its bows could be butterfly's
Reminds me of a sky forme shaymin
Large ears
The move its using on the scan looks like feathers ( if not evolving)
Its elegance suits flying rather than others
I don't believe it would be a surprise design
Resembling skyla
Name representing nymph, a fairy like creature

^alsao this is not just wishful thinking because if hallways wanted a poison or ghost type eevee, but I just don't see it been ninfia

Last edited:

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer
What else would they be intended for? You don't think Game Freak's decision to make a Pokémon evolve into eight different beings of different types was a conscious decision? Do you think the fact that they were all given a different, single-typed designation was by chance? I don't understand where you're coming from; its quite obvious that Eevee is a vehicle to represent the different types.

But when I look at Ninfia, the flying type doesn't jump out at me at all. Nor does the bug type. And I highly doubt there would be a Normal typed Eeveelution, as that would be a dull and uninspired design decision to say the least. I don't dismiss the possibility, however. But I still say that Light or some other new type is the most probable.

Um no...considering when pokemon first arose they only intended eevee to evolve into 3 pokemon.
And only added espeon and umbreon to showcase the day and night feature.
Glaceon and Leafeon where the first Eeveelutions added to up keep tradition.

Also I'm no diagreeing with any of your thoughts. Only that last tidbit about light types I truly disagree with...
Its not gonna happen, and I don't care who corrects me otherwise.

Aegon

What else would they be intended for? You don't think Game Freak's decision to make a Pokémon evolve into eight different beings of different types was a conscious decision? Do you think the fact that they were all given a different, single-typed designation was by chance? I don't understand where you're coming from; its quite obvious that Eevee is a vehicle to represent the different types.
There's a considerable difference between representing a type (which is what the Eeveelutions do, as well as displaying the concept of evolution) and actually being (that is, a physical embodiment) the type. I think that's why there may be some disagreement. Perhaps he thought that's what you meant.

e:
Um no...considering when pokemon first arose they only intended eevee to evolve into 3 pokemon.
And only added espeon and umbreon to showcase the day and night feature.
Glaceon and Leafeon where the first Eeveelutions added to up keep tradition.
Or maybe not... :/

Its not gonna happen, and I don't care who corrects me otherwise.
Hah. So intimidating. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Chris-kun

i still believe
I think it's curious in general we're not getting a type at reveal, my memory of Gen V remembers nothing like this happening... But it's too premature to wonder if there's going to be a new type revealed.

One of the legendaries had a rainbow spectrum going on though, I dunno if light can 100% be ruled out, but there's certainly no real evidence to support it

BBtheASH

I'm 100% with you

Resembling kites
Its flowing ribbons
Its paler colors
Its sky blue eyes
Resembling streamers
Large ears

Your right! I didn't realize its weight! I'm intotal kahoots with you!

adamfitz

poké-lover
But they're just being so...ignorant and telling us it possibly couldn't be a type we have based on appearance and the ??? Thing. Kinda annoying. I mean, the whole Light Type things has been though about for a while. ._.

I know I understand
Also if there were to be a light type which I highly doubt it would have been done a long time ago.
And there is no need whatsoever, I'll say this again dark was brought in to even out psychic

sunyshore.com

Electric Obsession
guys this thing here: http://i.imgur.com/SZp1pp8.jpg

means nothing.

the kanji are akiyama, who is the actor who is in the eevee suit. they are just calling the segment eevee akiyama friends. they picked two colors for his name.

if we were going to get a big hint for a second eevee, it wouldn't be that guys name for a skit they are doing. it would be in the real movie logo - like a pink bow.

as for light type, it only annoys me because it's just something someone made up a long time ago and now it comes up as "this is it guys" anytime they don't show us a typing right away (which is all the time). i don't work at game freak, thank you for asking every single time, get a new comeback, please. that's why i am not going to say "never". just please understand how frustrating it is when we come here to discuss new pokemon and it is that over and over again. i agree, make a "new type" thread like BMGF have just done and drain it all into there, please please! ;_;

I'm 100% with you

Resembling kites
Its flowing ribbons
Its paler colors
Its sky blue eyes
Resembling streamers
Large ears

But this isn't "good ground" either. You want it to be true so you're seeing all these similarities that don't really exist.

General Nonsense

Star Glider
About Ninfa I think will be normal type with a special item or with a trade... Flying type? no because doesn't has wings, poison not exactly because is " cute " and umbreon is dark and has the correct profile but ninfa not..

Tornadus doesn't have wings either (not referring to alternate form). And it's PURE flying.

sausage type confirmed!

Made my day, thank you.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free

Chespin, Fenekin and Froakie evolutions will convert in full NU pokémon like almost all the starter lines.. so i don't care about them

I'm still not getting why you people are so strongly convinced Ninfa is a Normal type, as it doesn't make sense. Eeveelutions are suppose to introduce a new type, not become Eevee with better status.

As for the starters, not all of them are NU at the moment hell, Emboar went into RU. The only ones in NU are Charizard,Magainium, Feraligator, Samurott, Serperior.

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
What, so the objective details point towards a kite and an air hostess?? Because someone found a picture of a kite with bow ties it looks like a kite? And I've never seen an air hostess with ribbons and bow ties.
If they were going for something like that, it would be more obvious.

Not necessarily, but the ribbons give it an aerodynamic look, so a wind theme wouldn't be too much of a stretch.

Crystal Power

Why would Nenfia be Normal type? Isn't Eevee suppose to be the Normal Eeveelution?
Anyway, Nenfia is really cute. Kinda looks like Audino and Victini.

rook09

Of science.
I don't remember there ever being a case of the type been blanked out by three question marks upon reveal, and it does look rather 'pure', and even has glittery things around it on the picture, so we could have Light type given to us. But I do think it's a bit late to be unleashing new types on us, and someone did give a very good point that this new one does look like an Air Hostess and a kite, so I personally believe it's more likely to be Flying type. But I'm not ruling out Light type; this IS GameFreak.

Slightly unrelated, but does anybody know if this is the only reveal we'll be getting in Coro Coro, or are there more pages yet to come relating to X/Y?

BBtheASH

But this isn't "good ground" either. You want it to be true so you're seeing all these similarities that don't really exist.

Yet this what everybody is doing no matter what type you think it'll be -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.