• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nacreous

Fire trainer

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
You need to remember GF is trying to appeal to new and old fans, some new fans are quite young so the simplicity appeals to them.
While I'm not saying you're wrong, that has shown true very few times. I would say 95% of Pokemon have clever wordplay in their names.
I do understand that there are a lot of Pokemon to come up with Americanized names for and they might get lazy with one or two a generation, but since the Eevee line is so popular and will always remain so, I feel like they should have taken a more creative approach with the name.

Greekboy

I thought that a cool idea for Ninfia is:

-It's normal type, and the other eeveelution is fighting.
-Eevee evolves into both via moon stone, but for Ninfia it could be when it has a higher defence and the fighting type when it has a higher attack.

There's always different ways Eevee evolves with each generation, and this could be a cool idea. Plus, with every generation there's one eeveelution that's stronger than the other. In this case, the fighting type is stronger than Ninfia.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
Yeah,but...you need stuff to glide with like...gliders>.>

It's ribbons most likely extend outwards for it to be able to glide. They may even flap in the wind to give it a head start. We can't tell until we see it in a trailer or in action - Because we don't know much about it otherwsie. The only things we can say for sure is it's name, it's height and it's weight (and the fact it evolves from eeevee).

I give up. Speculate all you want. I like the design. It's not flying or ghost or dragon. It's normal.
Why light type? To screw up the type chart? If they'd have done that, it would have been last gen. Reshiram. Their type chart is well-established. I've been sick of hearing these dumb type rumors since 2010.

Bulbapedia isn't always right, mon.

kesha140

The Little Monster
i hoped with all my heart for a new eeveelution. And i couldn't be happier. I think it will either be a normal type of a flying type. I hope it's a flying type though, the whole kite thing is a good concept

absolfusion

Soon.......
I think that Ninfia was originally was supposed to be part of a trio with glaceon and leafeon, because they all share the same distinctive "boot" markings that their older relatives lack. This could make ninfia the "flying" part of the trio, which kind of makes sense when you think about it. It's subtle, but it's there.

Attachments

• 230px-470Leafeon.jpg
    230px-470Leafeon.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 56

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I think that Ninfia was originally was supposed to be part of a trio with glaceon and leafeon, because they all share the same distinctive "boot" markings that their older relatives lack. This could make ninfia the "flying" part of the trio, which kind of makes sense when you think about it. It's subtle, but it's there.

The Japanese Eeveelutions have different suffixes each generation (I was "er", II was "y", IV was "ia"), yet Ninfia copies Gen IV's.

If it was Flying, though, that would give Glaceon an advantage over both Ninfia and Leafeon. I'm thinking it'll end up Fighting to copy the original Eeveelution's typing relationship.

Yea...

I'm wondering how many evolutions of old Pokemon will we get? I'm not going to start requesting Pokemon with low stats to evolve, because sometimes, that isn't the case. So, I'd like if we got more branched evolutions.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Why light type?
Why not? Maybe they want something new to change it up.

To screw up the type chart?
One type isn't going to screw up the type chart if Game Freak is smart about it.

If they'd have done that, it would have been last gen. Reshiram.
That wouldn't have made any sense. Reshiram needed to be a Fire-type in order to suit its theme and its opposition of Zekrom. Fire is a natural source of power while electricity is modern. It even has a furnace for a tail; the Fire-typing is pretty self-evident. Nothing about Reshiram says Light-type except for its coloring, and it's only white because of the Yin-Yang motif.

I'll once again state that I'm one of those that don't actively support the idea of a Light-type (although after last night's Corocoro, it wouldn't surprise me if they did introduce it), but realize that the Light-type does have actual evidence (NOT!!! the "dark vs. light" stuff; that's wrong) and that it wouldn't be the catastrophe that so many predict it to be. It'd just be a new type.

Last edited:

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
I agree with the speculation concerning ninfia's typing. It looks like skyla, doesn't it?

Uh yeah Chestnut. the in comes from urchin(an old term for hedgehog) or spina(Latin for thorn. It's other names have meanings for hedgehog in it.

What about the 'p'?
I'm with the porcupine theory, although I don't think it will be one.

Status
Not open for further replies.