• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
If it was Flying, though, that would give Glaceon an advantage over both Ninfia and Leafeon. I'm thinking it'll end up Fighting to copy the original Eeveelution's typing relationship.

I don't see a need to do that. Besides, this thing doesn't look like it can fight. There's the whole ribbon thing, but the ribbons don't look like they're used for fighting. I mean, who fights with ribbons on their neck? If the ribbons were coming off its legs, you'd have a stronger case here.

adamfitz

poké-lover

Kariachi

Power Is Beautiful
What about the 'p'?
I'm with the porcupine theory, although I don't think it will be one.

'Pin', like the sharp pointy things on the backs of hedgehogs(yes, I know they aren't called that, that's besides the point), combined with 'chestnut' and 'urchin' to make a triple reference?

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Perhaps ninfia floats on air currents with its ribbons?

Edit: to the guy above me: gloom-Brock? Really? I am not the one who first suggested that ninfia might be flying.

I don't see a need to do that. Besides, this thing doesn't look like it can fight. There's the whole ribbon thing, but the ribbons don't look like they're used for fighting. I mean, who fights with ribbons on their neck? If the ribbons were coming off its legs, you'd have a stronger case here.

I can see them used for fighting as much as I can see them used for flying.

rocky505

What about the 'p'?
I'm with the porcupine theory, although I don't think it will be one.

Read my whole post and you can see where the P could come from. But nothing points to Porcupine. Many of it's names refer to Hedgehogs.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
This is actually the first Eeevee evolved form that doesn't have its type obviously displayed. With the rest of them you could easily look at them and point out how it looks, and they've never hidden the typing of one either since it was painfully obvious.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails

the only way i could see it being fighting is if it made fists with those weird tentacle things. But other than that, due to it being not clear-cut at all, im saying its normal.

Drohn

The new Eeveelution.. I think it is quite obvious.. They made an alternate fire-type who evolves by sun stone instead of fire stone.. Lol joking (although perhaps :eek: )

A light type would be so cool!! Although I doubt it happening, I do hope so. This new Pokemon.. I'm clueless.. I got a little more hope now for there finally being a light type!

ninijatt

Half, ninja, half cat, all attitude
I agree with the speculation concerning ninfia's typing. It looks like skyla, doesn't it?

It's obvious that this is the result of Bill putting Skyla and Eevee in his Transfer machine.

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
I'm torn because I want the new eeveelution to be female only but I doubt that will happen after the male wasn't revealed with it

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Light type....interesting notion.
They last added a type back in gen II, well two.
What would light type be weak or strong against? Dark perhaps? Fighting maybe?

Well, maybe the ribbons could catch air currents? Maybe it can't like, fly perfectally, but it can still fly. Or maybe it has the ability to walk on air currents...

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor

Who fights with arm-whips?

oh yeah

I fail to see how Gloom looks like Brock.

Well that's just you. But really, why would it fight with ribbons stemming from fairly vulnerable areas? It'd be such an unnatural fighting style.

I fail to see how Ninfia looks like Skyla besided the colours. My point was that resemblance to a Gym Leader doesn't mean anything.

Then again, why would it fly with ribbons stemming from odd areas? It'd be such an unnatural flying style. And an uneven one at that, seeing as how the ribbons come from it's neck and one of its' ears.

Oh, well then that's racist.

No it's not. Brock hasn't even got a "race" affiliated with him, and it's a drawn character with closed eyes. So is Gloom. No racism.

Last edited:

Elshastara

KSSSSSST!
We did already make a comparison to a kite and its tassels, right? Or was that already debunked?

My money's on flying, but any other type would be spectacular.

What do you think the English name's gonna be?

Status
Not open for further replies.