• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
This is actually the first Eeevee evolved form that doesn't have its type obviously displayed. With the rest of them you could easily look at them and point out how it looks, and they've never hidden the typing of one either since it was painfully obvious.

Actually I think I remember that Espeon was thought of as Light typing before..? <.> >_>
Now nawp but its the "Sun" Pokemon <_> and its Psychic >.>

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Just making an observation about skyla. No need to be snarky. (Funny word :p keeping things light)

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
Also..Chespin is a hedgehog, I it gets its chestnut inspiration from the fact that baby hedgehogs resemble chestnuts heavily when curled into a ball.

baby-hedgehog--large-msg-11557637741.jpg

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Then again, why would it fly with ribbons stemming from odd areas?

Simple, it would use the ribbons to ride wind currents.

And an uneven one at that, seeing as how the ribbons come from it's neck and one of its' ears.

Actually, there's two coming from its neck and one coming from each ear, so it's not uneven at all.

What do you think the English name's gonna be?

Probably Nympheon.

Elshastara

KSSSSSST!
The ribbons are coming from the bows as the "tassels". there's two coming from one ear =u=

it's actually really annoying to draw

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
So air currents our best guess thus far? Several of us have noticed that the ribbons could be used for that.

But isn't a Nymph a mythical women-like creature that lures men into water (no, not mixing them up with mermaids. Shoot me.), amd then never lets them leave?

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Aren't nymphs related to water though?
Wait, you said that.

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer
So air currents our best guess thus far? Several of us have noticed that the ribbons could be used for that.

This seems probable. I mean shaymin glides on........his ears?

adamfitz

poké-lover
But isn't a Nymph a mythical women-like creature that lures men into water (no, not mixing them up with mermaids. Shoot me.), amd then never lets them leave?

There is plenty of different stories.
From my own mythology
Nymps are childish immature impish pixie like creatures that like with the elements, there is many different type of nymph.

ninijatt

Half, ninja, half cat, all attitude
Yes, I do believe so. I'll read a bit of the Odyssey just to be sure. But, I think you're fairly accurate. As far as it goes to the flying element, I remember reading somewhere that they could also jump higher than mountains.

pseudoman

I'm definetely thinking it's a flying type, i can't really see it being anthing else right now.

Light typing isn't all the way out there, but since sound exists as a sub type thanks to Soundproof(?), i could see Light moves gaining some sort of ability.

Wonder what pokemon #666 is gonna be.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
Lets talk about how sassy this thing looks during battle. Its face expression looks like it having NONE of the other Pokemon ******** today, no ma'am

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Really?

Explain this to me, I find both equally ridiculous and therefore equally plausible.

Arms and legs are more natural body parts to use when fighting because they're the least vulnerable areas. Ears don't make much sense because it's a fragile area, and neck makes even less sense because it's a vital area (since if your neck is broken, your body can no longer supply oxygen to the brain and you die).

Status
Not open for further replies.