• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kariachi

Power Is Beautiful
Simple, it would use the ribbons to ride wind currents.

Actually, there's two coming from its neck and one coming from each ear, so it's not uneven at all.

Probably Nympheon.

Actually, if you look closely, the ribbons come from the bow ties. So it is uneven. Look between the ears. The ribbon that hugs the ear to the left comes from the ear to the right.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
If you are talking about the left above one, that can be Swift.

Elshastara

KSSSSSST!
No, looking at the two-page spread, you can see the shadowed in part of a ribbon coming from the (our) right ear. The one with the bow on it. It seems to be the way most people interpret it in fanart, too.

absolfusion

Soon.......
But isn't a Nymph a mythical women-like creature that lures men into water (no, not mixing them up with mermaids. Shoot me.), amd then never lets them leave?
No Nymphs are more like the japanese Kami. They are spirits of nature, which can occupy rivers (naiads) Trees or plants (drayads) or the ocean (oceanids or nerieids.
). just to name a few. Ninfia could be based on Aurae, which are nymphs that can control air.

Icepath

By looking at the gameplay images, it maybe could be normal...

I either want Flying or Normal for this one.

Also, I can't tell if Froakie or Nafia are using Swift. This could also mean that Froakie knows Swift or Nafia does.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Arms and legs are more natural body parts to use when fighting because they're the least vulnerable areas. Ears don't make much sense because it's a fragile area, and neck makes even less sense because it's a vital area (since if your neck is broken, your body can no longer supply oxygen to the brain and you die).

Maybe the ribbons are prehensile.

ninijatt

Half, ninja, half cat, all attitude
A regional bird, rodent, or bug, most likely.

Although, that is more accurate considering how early that would be in the generation.A Fire/Dark type is more fitting to the number. He must be the only Pokemon to have a colder heart than Mewtwo and must be the sworn enemy of Arceus. Then again, #333 is Swablu, so it probably won't be anything special. Also, it would be best for GF to stray from religious references.

Last edited:

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
It has a bow on its ear and one on its neck, its just drawn that one of the ribbons is wrapping around the other ear. I don't get whats so hard to conclude from that?

Pikafleg

Twenty-Six!
I hope the streamers are prehensile, because having "streamers" is like stupid and I already don't really think it should have the ribbons, unless it is a flying type, then perhaps they would make sense.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
It has a bow on its ear and one on its neck, its just drawn that one of the ribbons is wrapping around the other ear. I don't get whats so hard to conclude from that?

Well someone thinks there are two ribbons on the ear.. >.> Clearly there is just one.

Although, that is more accurate considering how early that would be in the generation.A Fire/Dark type is more fitting to the number. He must be the only Pokemon to have a colder heart than Mewtwo and must be the sworn enemy of Arceus.

Highly unlikely they would acknowledge 666. It is a Pokemon game after all.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Although, that is more accurate considering how early that would be in the generation.A Fire/Dark type is more fitting to the number. He must be the only Pokemon to have a colder heart than Mewtwo and must be the sworn enemy of Arceus.

can't tell if trolling

Guys, they're not doing anything with the number. They didn't do anything for National Dex #108, they didn't do anything for #69, and they didn't do anything for pretty much any other number. There's nothing to suggest they'll do anything with #666.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

1) A lot of sources state that "666" is a mistranslation, and that the number of the beast is really 616. Cower in fear of the terrifying Shelmet.

2) 666 is pretty much meaningless in Japan.

3) Arceus isn't God (he's Pangu), so why would No. 666 be its sworn enemy?

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
They didn't do anything for National Dex #108

No, but they did do something with Sinnoh Dex #108 (Spiritomb), so it's not entirely out of the question.

they didn't do anything for #69

Of course not, that's too mature a reference. Pokemon is a kid's game for Christ's sake.

2) 666 is pretty much meaningless in Japan.

But this is reason to believe they won't do anything with it. There aren't very many Christians in Japan, so not a lot of people would get the reference.

BunniBear4

Pokémon Trainer
From examining the moves they show Ninfia using I don't know about it being bug nor flying at this point. The star move seems to be the new swift animation while the other is a fire type move? Either GF is trying to make us truly wonder what type this new eeveelution is by giving us completely random moves or there's a new type hiding about. Now that we don't have Xerneas and Yveltal's types along with this new eevee is making wonder as to why they're keeping it hush. Is if for the fun of teasing the fans and make them want the game more or is because they don't want to tell something about new types. I didn't think there were going to be new types, but if we don't get into on the types of Xerneas, Yveltal, and Ninfia soon, I am really going to think there are new types in this gen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.