• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JessePond

can't tell if trolling

Guys, they're not doing anything with the number. They didn't do anything for National Dex #108, they didn't do anything for #69, and they didn't do anything for pretty much any other number. There's nothing to suggest they'll do anything with #666.

#420 is grass type

adamfitz

poké-lover

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm still not here for Ninfia. I woke up this morning thinking it was all just a bad dream, but now we have even clearer images of it and some screenshots of the games. I'm really not worried about its type since: a) I don't plan on using it, and b) I never put much emphasis on types anyway. I'm just curious about the ribbons and bows that it has.

Kariachi

Power Is Beautiful
Although now I'm concerned for poor Bellsprout. *shields*

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Arms and legs are more natural body parts to use when fighting because they're the least vulnerable areas. Ears don't make much sense because it's a fragile area, and neck makes even less sense because it's a vital area (since if your neck is broken, your body can no longer supply oxygen to the brain and you die).

Pokemon anatomical logic means its ears and neck are tougher than the rest of its body. Considering the number of Pokemon that fight by bashing their heads into the foe, I wouldn't put it past GameFreak.

That is, if it is a physically-based Fighting-type. If it's specially-based, there's no reason it can't just use the ribbons to fire off Aura Spheres and Focus Blasts or Vacuum Waves or whatevers, and represent that side of the typing.

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
Happy Hrdreigon said:
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/9/95/CoroCoro_March_2013_p12.png

I noticed this too. I was thinking fighting or flying ... but then this struck me. NEW TYPE!!!??? Or it could just be a second Normal. LOL

adamfitz

poké-lover
Actually, if you think about it, nr.69 is Bellsprout and... no, let's not even go there.

Oh lord... Hahahahaha

I doubt anything will be done for 666
And if there is I image it been very out.
Wouldn't be surprised if they did the most heavenly looking cute Pokemon for it, just for the crack.

Amanchu

1) A lot of sources state that "666" is a mistranslation, and that the number of the beast is really 616. Cower in fear of the dreaded Shelmet.

2) 666 is pretty much meaningless in Japan.

3) Arceus isn't God, so why would No. 666 be its sworn enemy?

cant say anything about the 1st point 1st i heard of it but;

since there is christianity in japan it means something to them and arceus is the creator of the pokemon world so it is the god of that world....thou you are right about arceus and 666 not being sworn enemies.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
From examining the moves they show Ninfia using I don't know about it being bug nor flying at this point. The star move seems to be the new swift animation while the other is a fire type move? Either GF is trying to make us truly wonder what type this new eeveelution is by giving us completely random moves or there's a new type hiding about. Now that we don't have Xerneas and Yveltal's types along with this new eevee is making wonder as to why they're keeping it hush. Is if for the fun of teasing the fans and make them want the game more or is because they don't want to tell something about new types. I didn't think there were going to be new types, but if we don't get into on the types of Xerneas, Yveltal, and Ninfia soon, I am relaly going to think there are new types in this gen.

Just because Xerneas and Yveltal's typings haven't been released yet doesn't mean there gonna be new types. Besides the magazine states that the typing is a secret and has only been revealed.

The move that it's using looks like a bit of Sky Attack from Pokemon Stadium and Stadium 2. Even though that's from a long time ago, it makes me think if the charging turn would look like that. But, it could be a new move.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
cant say anything about the 1st point 1st i heard of it but;

since there is christianity in japan it means something to them and arceus is the creator of the pokemon world so it is the god of that world....thou you are right about arceus and 666 not being sworn enemies.
As my edited post clarifies, Arceus is based off of Pangu (a creator, not a ruler). He's not based on the monotheistic God.

ninijatt

Half, ninja, half cat, all attitude
1) A lot of sources state that "666" is a mistranslation, and that the number of the beast is really 616. Cower in fear of the terrifying Shelmet.

2) 666 is pretty much meaningless in Japan.

3) Arceus isn't God (he's Pangu), so why would No. 666 be its sworn enemy?

Let me correct you. 666 has nothing to do with Lucifer. It's only assumed because of things that had happened in history. -cough- Nero -cough- Also, I'm aware that Arceus isn't god but, most of the fan base seems to think so. Also, Shelmet is a terror if you chose Snivy.

DannyDark

so the reveal of ninfia was the only new information we got this month?

anyway, it seems alright, nice design and colour and all that, but I was kinda hoping for something a bit more badass..
hopefully more pokemon to come though :D

Nacreous

Fire trainer
From examining the moves they show Ninfia using I don't know about it being bug nor flying at this point. The star move seems to be the new swift animation while the other is a fire type move? Either GF is trying to make us truly wonder what type this new eeveelution is by giving us completely random moves or there's a new type hiding about. Now that we don't have Xerneas and Yveltal's types along with this new eevee is making wonder as to why they're keeping it hush. Is if for the fun of teasing the fans and make them want the game more or is because they don't want to tell something about new types. I didn't think there were going to be new types, but if we don't get into on the types of Xerneas, Yveltal, and Ninfia soon, I am relaly going to think there are new types in this gen.
Don't speak of such evil!!People can't adapt to new types...it's unheard of!!

Status
Not open for further replies.