• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Let me correct you. 666 has nothing to do with Lucifer.
I know that, and Lucifer has nothing to do with Satan or the beast.

It's only assumed because of things that had happened in history. -cough- Nero -cough-
So why Dark/Fire?

Also, I'm aware that Arceus isn't god but, most of the fan base seems to think so.
Yeah, and there's a reason why they aren't in charge. They don't pay attention to what's actually said.

Drohn

From examining the moves they show Ninfia using I don't know about it being bug nor flying at this point. The star move seems to be the new swift animation while the other is a fire type move? Either GF is trying to make us truly wonder what type this new eeveelution is by giving us completely random moves or there's a new type hiding about. Now that we don't have Xerneas and Yveltal's types along with this new eevee is making wonder as to why they're keeping it hush. Is if for the fun of teasing the fans and make them want the game more or is because they don't want to tell something about new types. I didn't think there were going to be new types, but if we don't get into on the types of Xerneas, Yveltal, and Ninfia soon, I am really going to think there are new types in this gen.

The types for Reshiram and Zekrom were hidden for quite some time, and people expected Dark/Light there as well. I hope there will be a Light type and I would even enjoy more types, but I don't think it will happen.

Colegoco

Striking Swampert
No, but they did do something with Sinnoh Dex #108 (Spiritomb), so it's not entirely out of the question.

Of course not, that's too mature a reference. Pokemon is a kid's game for Christ's sake.

But this is reason to believe they won't do anything with it. There aren't very many Christians in Japan, so not a lot of people would get the reference.

I have to agree, giving a number a reference is frivilous. Numbers don't really mean anything, other than Legends/Rarity in some cases. Ex. Pikachu is the mascot, but #25. No significance.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
I said it before, #666 would be the perfect time for a Pokemon based on a Fly, since it could be the regional bug-type and it would be a good reference to Beelzebub, and a Bug/Dark type would be awesome.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
The types for Reshiram and Zekrom were hidden for quite some time, and people expected Dark/Light there as well. I hope there will be a Light type and I would even enjoy more types, but I don't think it will happen.

Can someone inform me; were Resihram and Zekrom's types given the same kind of overt "???" secrecy? Or were they just not brought up?

FireTypeLeader

As for the new eeveelution I personally think it's a flying type, the ribbons and the kites as its all been said so why repeat it...

As for the forever speculated "light type" I do see where people are coming from really, I mean it's extremely happy looking as a pokemon- you'd things that represent good and light would be happy. There's also a lot of fabulous sparkles surrounding it, this could just be representing its 'newness' but maybe actually representing the light type, and again the ideas of goodness and purity?

Also it's on it's tip-toes on its feet things suggesting it is a light, nimble dancing pokemon... Which actually makes me more think of flying if it's light and nimble and the ribbons are a frequently used dancing prop...? Maybe it doesn't even fly and it's the nimble and light nature that allows this?

Another thing that I had a small thought on... Could it be dragon? Tenuous I know but the repetition of the blue and pinks could actually make it dragon? I mean I don't know I get a slight dragon vibe, but there's a seeming lack of scales or reptilian features... Then again maybe it breaks the mould?

I think the fact GF are retaining the typing is probably just to create media hype tbh but eh well it's working.. We'll find out eventually!

As for #666 I think a small reference would be nice wouldn't it? I mean just because its amusing for people that the idea of heaven and hell are thought of in the PKM world.. I mean we had a cathedral thing in Sinnoh...

I will never, ever, ever look at Bellsprout or Cherubi the same way again... *shudders*

Amanchu

As my edited post clarifies, Arceus is based off of Pangu (a creator, not a ruler). He's not based on the monotheistic God.

I am not so sure we should bring theology to pokemon but, what does it matter if it is based on a poly. in the end there is no other god.(for now) the others never been named as such .

Drohn

can't tell if trolling

Guys, they're not doing anything with the number. They didn't do anything for National Dex #108, they didn't do anything for #69, and they didn't do anything for pretty much any other number. There's nothing to suggest they'll do anything with #666.

Lol this comment made me look up Lopunny.. If there is a Pokemon made for #69, it's Lopunny haha... It is actualy number 68 in the Sinnoh Dex, SOOO CLOOOSE!!

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Can someone inform me; were Resihram and Zekrom's types given the same "???" secrecy? Or were they just not brought up?

They simply weren't mentioned, I believe. Though, they were revealed in a different manner to Ninfia.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
I said it before, #666 would be the perfect time for a Pokemon based on a Fly, since it could be the regional bug-type and it would be a good reference to Beelzebub, and a Bug/Dark type would be awesome.
You do realize that the christians in America would freak and would probably try to protect their kids from the evil that is Pokemon?GF is playing safe since the other incidends ocurred.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I am not so sure we should bring theology to pokemon but, what does it matter if it is based on a poly. in the end there is no other god.(for now) the others never been named as such .

The point is that Arceus isn't the omnipotent ruler/"creator of all Pokémon" that many people purport him to be; he's based on a creation myth that doesn't involve that stuff, so any ideas that are predicated upon the notion of Arceus being equivalent to the "Capital G" God are irrelevant, such as No. 666 being based on the Christian devil.

They simply weren't mentioned, I believe. Though, they were revealed in a different manner to Ninfia.

Oh, okay. Thanks. That clears it up for me.

Last edited:

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
You do realize that the christians in America would freak and would probably try to protect their kids from the evil that is Pokemon?GF is playing safe since the other incidends ocurred.

Soccer Moms across the nation ruining good things :(

Male Lopunnys.
Female Machamps.
Male Gardevoirs.
I'm just going to sit and wait for the next for the next poor manly Pokemon to be stuck as a female.
And then the stupid gay jokes will come, and then I'll kill people that make those jokes.
And then everyone will be happy.

But seriously, ot seems like there are always oddly gender-based Pokemon that should be one gender...

ninijatt

Half, ninja, half cat, all attitude
I know that, and Lucifer has nothing to do with Satan or the beast.

So why Dark/Fire?

Yeah, and there's a reason why they aren't in charge. They don't pay attention to what's actually said.

At this point, I sound like spam and major trolling so, I'll stop after this. Ugh, this is what happens when I decide to take religion and actually be good at it. Lucifer/Satan/The Beast/Beelzebub/Whatever you want to call him are all the same entity. Dark/Fire is because Hell is hot and very much evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.