• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

avsimone

Magma Trainer
I don't know. I think it looks quite a bit like Skyla. I mean ribbon wise. There's been speculation that it's gonna be a fighting type but I think that if it were a fighting type it would be a little more rugged/brown/stronger? I think that it might be normal type with special attacking/ support capabilities. I don't know, maybe it's flying. but It doesn't look like it to me

Yveltal96

A little more human
maybe since we have hidden abilities some pokemon get hidden evolutions now to improve stats?

maybe they made a new new hidden ability that if your eevee knows it, it evolves into ninfia at some level or sumthn

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
Or, you know, the evolution method is new and they didn't want to reveal it yet...since it's only the first issue of CoroCoro since main release. THAT makes the most sense.

GatedSunOne

Like A Rockefeller
i could have sworn gender was determined by your sex organs but alright then
anywho am i like the only person who likes ninfia? or its bows at least?

After seeing that butchered version of it, Ninfia's all right by me on all accounts.

I still think its too girly, but the whole ''secret evolution'' thing has me thinking it's likely this Gen's ''Lucario'' or ''Zoroark'' now...maybe only certain Eevee can evolve into it now, if this translation's real?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I don't know. I think it looks quite a bit like Skyla. I mean ribbon wise.

Exactly, it's the ribbon and the bow that really bring Skyla to mind. I don't understand why it's suddenly taboo to compare Skyla and Ninfia. I mean there's really nothing else I can say about Ninfia at the moment. It's just one of those Pokemon that has a simple design. I bet Ninfia will be one of those really popular Pokemon that sells tons of merchandise, which is exactly what Gamefreak had it mind when they designed it.

Sealotic

Ninfia, what a beautiful pokemon. I, personally, like her ribbons, it erases the simplicity it give a new look. However, it makes me think of the light type that I'm kinda' against. I also reminds me the psychic type, but espeon is already a psychic eeveelution. I could be normal, as a lot think.

I must also say that the Prism scale theory of evolution make sense. It has the same colors od the prism scale, so evolving with the prism scale while a sunny day would be a good method of evolving !

And... I had a question for the one who could respond. Is Ninfia the japanese name ? I know that Leafon's and Glaceon's japanese names are Glacia et Leafia, so will Ninfia be Ninfeon or Nympheon as an english name ?

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Or, you know, the evolution method is new and they didn't want to reveal it yet...since it's only the first issue of CoroCoro since main release. THAT makes the most sense.

I second this, do you all actually expect everything to be revealed all on one magazine?

HetaOni

Chesaught
Exactly, it's the ribbon and the bow that really bring Skyla to mind. I don't understand why it's suddenly taboo to compare Skyla and Ninfia. I mean there's really nothing else I can say about Ninfia at the moment. It's just one of those Pokemon that has a simple design. I bet Ninfia will be one of those really popular Pokemon that sells tons of merchandise, which is exactly what Gamefreak had it mind when they designed it.
You should see DeviantART right now.
Ninfia, Ninfia EVERYWHERE.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl

....why would Gamefreak put a gym leader with a Pokemon just to sell merchandise?

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
You should see DeviantART right now.
Ninfia, Ninfia EVERYWHERE.

It's scary at how much of the Ninfia apocalypse has happened. It hasn't been 24 hours yet and there has been thousands of submissions.

Anyways I hope it doesn't evolve based on gender.... It would kinda be weird...

Status
Not open for further replies.