• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
You should see DeviantART right now.
Ninfia, Ninfia EVERYWHERE.

It's scary at how much of the Ninfia apocalypse has happened. It hasn't been 24 hours yet and there has been thousands of submissions.

Anyways I hope it doesn't evolve based on gender.... It would kinda be weird...

Maybe because it was a just recently revealed Pokemon? It's quite common when new Pokemon/characters are revealed from my experience.

patriko

The Foresaken
speaking of zoroark and lucario, i don't think ninfia will be it but does anyone have any ideas on whatever it might look like?

speaking of that, remember to movie Lucario and the mystery of mew, when at the beggining it shows pokemon with armor and weird tribal symbols

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
Maybe because it was a just recently revealed Pokemon? It's quite common when new Pokemon/characters are revealed from my experience.

But this seems to be at a more severe degree then Fenniken....

Anyways, I'm looking forward to Pokemon smash this Saturday (My time zone) I hope we get some new information

ConUxie223

Kalos Trap Queen
This thing is Skyla-esque >_> I hope this at least means that Skyla will re-appear as an important character in these games because it would be dumb if they made a Pokemon so similar to her you could scream and then give it to someone who looks nothing like her/a generic NPC... Or maybe Skyla has a twin somewhere in this region and they wear very similar clothing and attire- wait, she doesnt just look like Skyla... She also looks like Milotic!

Could she evolve by use of Prism Scale? You know what... Most likely not...

you're asking why GameFreak would do something for profit

think on that for a moment

No he's not, he's asking why they'd put a gym leader with a Pokemon to sell merchandise. Skyla isn't especially popular, not more so than the other gym leaders. Setting her up with a Pokemon version of herself would just be wierd.

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess
I don't know. I think it looks quite a bit like Skyla. I mean ribbon wise. There's been speculation that it's gonna be a fighting type but I think that if it were a fighting type it would be a little more rugged/brown/stronger? I think that it might be normal type with special attacking/ support capabilities. I don't know, maybe it's flying. but It doesn't look like it to me

It does look like Skyla. It also reminds me a bit of Mienshao, maybe that's where the fighting type speculation comes from.

I've noticed people on a Facebook page saying that Gen VI pokemon are unoriginal because Ninfia reminds them of Victini or Audino. I had to laugh when I saw that.

GatedSunOne

Like A Rockefeller
You should see DeviantART right now.
Ninfia, Ninfia EVERYWHERE.

...Mother of God. They ARE everywhere, now...that was just as fast as how many bloody Fennekin fanarts came out.

Like someone said, I get the feeling Ninfia's going to become a cash cow for Nintendo. Everyone loves that thing, judging from the art of it splattered all over the Interwebs as we speak.

...It must be a secret plot of the North Koreans...

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
No he's not, he's asking why they'd put a gym leader with a Pokemon to sell merchandise. Skyla isn't especially popular, not more so than the other gym leaders. Setting her up with a Pokemon version of herself would just be wierd.

Plus Ken Sugimori couldn't give a few pancakes about gym leaders when designing Pokemon.

And I thought some assumed Chespin looked like Oshawott.

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter

Skyla...not popular...where have you been? She is particularly popular with BW shippers and putting her with Hilbert.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
But this seems to be at a more severe degree then Fenniken....

Anyways, I'm looking forward to Pokemon smash this Saturday (My time zone) I hope we get some new information

I wouldn't get your hopes up, as Pokemon Smash rarely shows new information. The most they'll probably do is reveal Ninfia by showing us a picture of it.

Does anyone here speak Japanese? Someone on another forum said that Ninfia might be derived from ninfuubu which apparently means nimbus, as in nimbus clouds, which would point towards Ninfia being a Flying type. However, not knowing any Japanese, I went over to Google Translate and none of the five or so translations for 'nimbus' provided by Google Translate were even close to ninfuubu; could anyone confirm whether or not ninfuubu means nimbus?

stevencloser

The thing I'm intrigued most about that translatin is how they're waving the missing type right in front of your eyes. Like "Come on, try to figure out what type it is. YOU WILL NOT SUCCEED."
God, this might actually be a new type after all.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
I would be fine with having a male/female evolution for Eevee, Ninfia does look girly with it's bows.
Of course if Pokemon X & Y Chromosome theory is true then I would totally be ok with a male/female evolution. I doubt it'll be a Normal-type just because of the fact Eevee is already Normal-type, they wouldn't just repeat the same type. The only exception to this would Ninfia being Flying-type(cause we all know normal pokemon will never be just flying-types unless their legendaires), and they'll never remove the "Normal-type" in Normal/Flying-types if they were ever planning on to they would have done it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.