• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan7437

Banned
^ I really like this pic! It is amazing!

Please no. Anything but, the "original" discussions. (>.<)

I want to see Ninfia with a signature move of its own. It was cool to see Espeon and Umbreon have one for awhile, so I'll hope that Ninfia receives one.

Xadium

Poliwhirl Enthusiast
It's not. If it was "just a compilation" then its body would be green and its head would be Minccinos. At least there is some creativity there, even if it reminds you of other pokemon. Oh, and by the way, victini's color scheme isn't Ninfia's scheme. Red=/= Pink

BunniBear4

Pokémon Trainer
I definitely think Ninfia is going to be a huge seller for GF and they know that. Many people like eevee and it's evolutions, even me (Jolteon is my favorite electric of Gen I, Vaporeon is my favorite water of Gen I, Espeon is my second favorite of Gen II as a whole, and I hope to use Ninfia on my X team). They really do want us to speculate as a selling point and we're feeding them in; if you look at this forum it was only nearing 200 pages and now it's nearing 300 in less than 24 hours. I do hope the Pokemon Facebook page/website updates us with Ninfia's English name on the 15th so I can stop calling it Ninfia and maybe we can guess the type (it took me until I beat Black 2 to stop calling Roxie "Homika").

Edit: I say calling Ninfia unoriginal is saying a tiger is unoriginal because of an orange tabby cat. In nature animals repeat patterns yet are distinctive. Pokemon are basically animals so Ninfia is just being a basic animal that happens to have similarities with other animals. :\

Last edited:

Absol_utely

Cool Trainer
Pokémon X and Y could possibly introduce fusion-evolutions? Seems to make sense with the apparent DNA/chromosome theme...

Perhaps this 'secret evolution method' for Eevee involves combining different Pokés altogether, pioneered by Kyruem in BW2??

Plausible considering all these "Ninfia looks a lot like Victini/Milotic/Delcatty/Minccino/Gothitelle" assumptions.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
I wouldn't get your hopes up, as Pokemon Smash rarely shows new information. The most they'll probably do is reveal Ninfia by showing us a picture of it.

Does anyone here speak Japanese? Someone on another forum said that Ninfia might be derived from ninfuubu which apparently means nimbus, as in nimbus clouds, which would point towards Ninfia being a Flying type. However, not knowing any Japanese, I went over to Google Translate and none of the five or so translations for 'nimbus' provided by Google Translate were even close to ninfuubu; could anyone confirm whether or not ninfuubu means nimbus?

I did a Google search as well and nothing came up, I did however, Google "Nin" and it came up with Ninjitsu, the martial arts fighting style, as well as Ninpo, where I was reading and the first part "Nin" meaning

patience, perseverance, and stealth. The character itself is composed of two characters to have a blade placed over the heart/mind. There are a number of symbolic meanings to that. One, the blade forces the heart/mind to remain stealth in order to persevere. Another meaning is that the heart/mind should be as sharp and pure as the sword.

http://www.ninpo.org/ninpo/ninpo.html

This website has more information

It might not mean anything, but its more then all the other arguments we've had.

EvoSapien

What if the ninfia move that looks like fire feathers isn't a move at all but the end segment of an evolution animation sequence. It's another possibility for speculation.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Does anyone here speak Japanese? Someone on another forum said that Ninfia might be derived from ninfuubu which apparently means nimbus, as in nimbus clouds, which would point towards Ninfia being a Flying type. However, not knowing any Japanese, I went over to Google Translate and none of the five or so translations for 'nimbus' provided by Google Translate were even close to ninfuubu; could anyone confirm whether or not ninfuubu means nimbus?

IDK much Japanese, but I know enough to say that's wrong. Nimbus in Japanese would be more like ninbuusu (or something along those lines). IDK what ninfuubu could mean.

Icepath

Ninfia might be fighting? Hmm...

I don't really love that idea, but I guess I can live with it. I would prefer normal or flying, but...

confuser987

I did a Google search as well and nothing came up, I did however, Google "Nin" and it came up with Ninjitsu, the martial arts fighting style, as well as Ninpo, where I was reading and the first part "Nin" meaning

It might not mean anything, but its more then all the other arguments we've had.

....i guess it could be fighting. A bulk up and baton pass would work nice.

LexSuicune

Feraligatr Master
I don't care how much bashing I receive for this, I sincerely hope and pray Ninfia's the first Light type presented this gen and Eevee's light based Evolution.

Icepath

I do think Light would be a awesome type. I have no idea how it would work, but I think they could work with it.

In Ninfia was Light that would be amazing.

Absol_utely

Cool Trainer

Sounds good to me! Possibly Pure Type? bleh... Heart Type? double bleh

When I googled its name yesterday morning I only got a type of water lily :/

Elshastara

KSSSSSST!
The first three characters of Ninfia's name put together mean "nymph", so I'm going to say that it being the nin from ninjitsu is unlikely UnU

Status
Not open for further replies.