• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yveltal96

A little more human
I don't care how much bashing I receive for this, I sincerely hope and pray Ninfia's the first Light type presented this gen and Eevee's light based Evolution.
not bashing you but IMO i think it's too late for new types

BunniBear4

Pokémon Trainer
I don't care how much bashing I receive for this, I sincerely hope and pray Ninfia's the first Light type presented this gen and Eevee's light based Evolution.

No bashing from me! If light does become a type then I want Ninfia to be it, but if not I want it to be flying. I'm really open minded to there being or not being new types introduced in Gen VI. I always have been open to it, but it took me until Ninfia to finally consider it happening.

LexSuicune

Feraligatr Master
I also automatically assumed it comes from Nymph (Which is a light-based creature, a kind spirit protector of the woods) Also, have you guys SEEN the Coro-Coro scan with Ninfia and the rest of the Eevolutions?

The ties from her bow release glimmers of light, also, you could say the degradation of colors could represent a prism.

corocoro-3.jpg

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
http://th02.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2013/042/8/3/ninfia_by_daniruuechidna-d5unvqb.png
This is very true. GF needs more original ideas when creating pokemon. But overall, I still like Ninfia's design.

I just fell off my chair and spilled all my tea. I'm hollering like a howler monkey right now. I saw the similarities between Ninfia and Victini the moment I laid eyes on it, but not those other Pokemon. Not that anything is original these days, but I was hoping that if we did get another Eevee evolution, it would look less reductive.

Anyway, there's one good thing to come of this imo; now that Eevee got another evolution, it means that we can expect more evolutions of older Pokemon. I'm praying for a Jynx evolution and maybe a Dunsparce evolution. My body is ready.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I also automatically assumed it comes from Nymph (Which is a light-based creature, a kind spirit protector of the woods) Also, have you guys SEEN the Coro-Coro scan with Ninfia and the rest of the Eevolutions?

The ties from her bow release glimmers of light, also, you could say the degradation of colors could represent a prism.

corocoro-3.jpg

Or maybe the glitter is just decoration of the poster.

Elshastara

KSSSSSST!
if we really think about it, though, don't most of the eeveelutions share the same body type anyways?

just because you know

they're all eeveelutions

to which the answer is in the question; to sell merchandise

But it wouldn't sell more merchandise if it was based on Skyla than if it wasn't. Do you seriously believe that Ninfia is based on Skyla? Don't you realize how ridiculous that sound? When are we going to see the Burgh Pokemon. Maybe next eeveelution? Bug-type?

stevencloser

I just fell off my chair and spilled all my tea. I'm hollering like a howler monkey right now. I saw the similarities between Ninfia and Victini the moment I laid eyes on it, but not those other Pokemon. Not that anything is original these days, but I was hoping that if we did get another Eevee evolution, it would look less reductive.

Anyway, there's one good thing to come of this imo; now that Eevee got another evolution, it means that we can expect more evolutions of older Pokemon. I'm praying for a Jynx evolution and maybe a Dunsparce evolution. My body is ready.

You can do that with everything. Find something that looks similar and say it's obviously the same.

BunniBear4

Pokémon Trainer

corocoro-3.jpg

Considering how linking the ribbon to eevee from the title name wasn't digging too deep for it, I'd actually be willing to call that a hint at this point. I just don't want to be one of the people who doubted something and then find out it actually happened.

jakovu

idk it just feels that if we have lasted four gens without new types were fine also dark was only introduced to balance out psychic

And Steel. The only reason I'd think there's a new type is because of Ninfia's (and the mascots') type being kept secret. But we should find out soon enough. I doubt there will be a new type, but I'll be chill if there is one.

LexSuicune

Feraligatr Master
And Steel. The only reason I'd think there's a new type is because of Ninfia's (and the mascots') type being kept secret. But we should find out soon enough. I doubt there will be a new type, but I'll be chill if there is one.

I still firmly believe Light and Sound types will be introduced, lol, and all hell would break loose.

I also think Froakie will be part Water, part Sound.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
But it wouldn't sell more merchandise if it was based on Skyla than if it wasn't. Do you seriously believe that Ninfia is based on Skyla? Don't you realize how ridiculous that sound? When are we going to see the Burgh Pokemon. Maybe next eeveelution? Bug-type?

I never said anything of remotely of that nature. Please restrict interpretations of my posts to having some basis in the sentences I use myself.

If it would sell merchandise, GameFreak would do it.

Last edited:
Ninfia doesn't look to me like Mincinno so much as it does Victini.

HetaOni

Chesaught
I'm actually hoping there is no light-type. Dark and Ghost types are my passion, and light-types would just get in the way.
I especially don't wanna see it in Ninfia 'cause it's starting to become my favorite Pokemon.

BunniBear4

Pokémon Trainer
I still firmly believe Light and Sound types will be introduced, lol, and all hell would break loose.

I also think Froakie will be part Water, part Sound.

Interesting theory. Though I would say that I'd much rather have froakie be part fighting just so we can have a dark/psychic/fighting triangle. I kind of wouldn't mind light and sound types being introduced even though I only just memorized the basic type weaknesses and resistances.

Status
Not open for further replies.