• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning Dragon

LIGHTNING FLIGHT!!!!
I don't think that was Sugimori, and it sure wasn't revealed before the regular version.

Well, it was for the Zoroark movie... so I don't know what I'm trying to prove.

I guess I'm trying to justify that the shiny beasts artwork is in the Sugimori section.

adamfitz

poké-lover
Wasn't the only shiny artwork they did was of the shiny beasts?

But, I'm trying to think of a good extra Pokemon... amusing. All I can think of is a Shellfish, and we already have Shellder.. /shot

Well we got clampearl and shelmet
So its not to say we won't get another one.
It could up have a way different design, something to do with the flesh inside more than the shell itself.

I just had a thought of a chimney Pokemon, I know I know but bear with me.
I thought of a garden chimney like this:

http://i00.i.aliimg.com/img/pb/537/396/381/381396537_153.JPG

I know there's always afew non animal based Pokemon amend I thought it would do well.

Ooh, that would be cool. Since it's a garden chimney, they could run with that and give it Grass-like features, too, making a Grass/Fire which we haven't had yet.

Now I doubt that. Why would they release the shiny version first? Seems unlikely. Sugimori doesn't do shiny artwork, last I recalled.

Well, he does sometimes. There is official art of a shiny Charizard, shiny Pichu, shiny Entei, Raiko, & Suicune...

adamfitz

poké-lover
Ooh, that would be cool. Since it's a garden chimney, they could run with that and give it Grass-like features, too, making a Grass/Fire which we haven't had yet.

Well, he does sometimes. There is official art of a shiny Charizard, shiny Pichu, shiny Entei, Raiko, & Suicune...

I still doubt its a shiny, I mean why?
Just because genesect is shiny in the film?
I'm very doubtful of it been shiny.

As for fire grass.
That's what I was aiming at and it could have vines and cracks all over with a first middle, just some ideas.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I just took another look at Ninfia, and I realized that it coincidently looks like Victini. It has a very similar looking color scheme, and this begs the question. What if you can fuse certain pokemon (other than the tao trio)? I know no one will agree with me, but think about it. Maybe this is where the DNA in the titles come from?

Here's Ninfia and Victini side by side:

VictiNinfia_zps6aa2586d.png

I don't see the similarity.
Yes, they both have big blue rounded eyes. But other than that, nope. Not even the color scheme.

Attachments

• VictiNinfia.jpg
    VictiNinfia.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 29

Lightning Dragon

LIGHTNING FLIGHT!!!!

Now, that's what I'm trying to prove. It even gives you the shiny Avis of Raikou Suicune and Entei.

But I don't see Pichu or Charizard...

Now a chimney Pokémon? That would be interesting.

adamfitz

poké-lover

Yes, they both have big blue rounded eyes. But other than that, nope. Not even the color scheme.

I'm with you in that, many Pokemon have the same eyes.
I don't see similarities.
People will always complain on new Pokemon
Just give them time and they will grow towards them.

I'm starting to really like Ninfeon. No matter what type it is, I'll try to make room for it on my team. If the impossible happens and I don't like anything else in this gen. I pretty much like each new gen better and better(except for Sinnoh, I loved it but I liked Hoenn better) and have a decent amount of confidence in it. My only worry is that because they only confirmed 'over 700 pokemon' that only confirms at least 50. I still think that they'll do about 100, but I'm not certain.

Lightning Dragon

LIGHTNING FLIGHT!!!!

I see a little resemblance... I mean, the ears and eyes. But other then that. .... nothing.

Ninfia... sounds so very little like Victini.

adamfitz

poké-lover
I'm starting to really like Ninfeon. No matter what type it is, I'll try to make room for it on my team. If the impossible happens and I don't like anything else in this gen. I pretty much like each new gen better and better(except for Sinnoh, I loved it but I liked Hoenn better) and have a decent amount of confidence in it. My only worry is that because they only confirmed 'over 700 pokemon' that only confirms at least 50. I still think that they'll do about 100, but I'm not certain.

Yes I thought when the announced the number of Pokemon it would be well over 700
But the way it was said it seems as if we might get some more evos like in gen4
I can see it been like gen4
I can't wait either way.
I always love each generation, hoenn is my least favorite, but I still love it so...

The mouths are similar as well. It IS rather similar, but just the head.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I see a little resemblance... I mean, the ears and eyes. But other then that. .... nothing.

You realize Victini's ears are pointed, while Ninfia's are like fluffy bunny ears.

Also, NIN-FI-YA... VIK-TI-NI. Nope.

The mouths are similar as well. It IS rather similar, but just the head.

Most Pokemon share that kind of mouth.
And the head... Victini's ellipse while Ninfia's a rounded pentagon.

Seriously guys... you're just overanalyzing stuff...

naughtynun

As for the evos to old pokemon, I have to argue against Farfetch'd. Isn't his whole point to be like a "ha ha, sucks for you!" pokemon to have? Like, he's actually intended to be virtually worthless? I cant imagine him getting an evo if thats the case. Those who really need one though are guys like Dunsparce, Quillfish, Keckleon, Primeape, Dewgong, and others who stats are now really kind of lacking when compared to others and could really use the help.

I don't think any Pokemon should be purposely useless. It might have been the way it was originally designed, but you could argue that was how Porygon and Togetic were designed and they had later evolutions which greatly improved them! I personally think the focus should be to evolve older Pokemon that are one-stage and terrible, like Dunsparce, Kecleon and Qwilfish as you suggested, I would add several others. I think its also good to further improve good Pokemon like Dewgong and Primeape as you said, but that the main bulk of new evo's should be for the totally unusable ones.

I love the idea of fusion evolutions for useless duo's of Pokemon like Lunatone/Solrock, Plusle/Minun, Volbeat/Illumise (genderless as one is male and the other female). I personally think all Pokemon should be part of a two or three evolution family.

When I first played Pokemon Red, I actually thought that Rapidash would further evolve into a Fire Pegasus. Too bad it didn't happen.
I know it's an unnecessary evolution, but I still have my hopes about it though.

I have my hopes about it too! Rapidash learning Bounce a subtle hint towards its final evo perhaps!:)

Ah yes, I forgot about those few shiny Pokemon Drawings. Mm, my bad...but, even so, Sugimori wouldn't release the shiny version first. I'm positive he would work on the original design first, then worry about shinies.

But alot of Pokemon have the similar eyes and ears. Not helpful.

Not really, Ninfia doesn't really sound like Victini. Besides, names don't really mean anything :/

You know what would be an interesting idea: a Tumbleweed Pokemon. It would be Grass-type, and maybe have Ground-type mixed in because they're a desert plant. Imagine taking a Rollout attack from a Pokemon covered in barbs who moves around by rolling all the time.

Also, I want to see a Tombstone Pokemon. I imagine it would be Rock/Ghost or Rock/Dark, preferably Rock/Ghost because then it won't have a double weakness to Fighting-types.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
I just took another look at Ninfia, and I realized that it coincidently looks like Victini. It has a very similar looking color scheme, and this begs the question. What if you can fuse certain pokemon (other than the tao trio)? I know no one will agree with me, but think about it. Maybe this is where the DNA in the titles come from?
It doesn't look like Victini.It's PINK!!!very very PINK!

I'm starting to really dislike the thing.It annoyes me and I dunno why.Must be the bows>.>It's like all I can think about when I see it is "They could've done a better job!"

Last edited:

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
Were unsure exactly how many new pokemon will get added, we only know so far that Gen 6 will bring the total # above 700 so that's at least 50.
I'm really hopping Gen 6 will be like Sinnoh introducing a bunch of pre-evo/evolutions for most pokemon. A new form of evolve is very possible in fact with each new generation we always get a new form of evolution. Kanto gave use the basic Lv up/stones/trading, Johto gave us Time of Day/Happiness, Hoenn gave us trading with a held item, Sinnoh gave us Lv up with a move/party pokemon/Lv up in a specific Location, and Unova gave us trading specific pokemon(karrablast=shelmet). Of course there's variations of each one and who knows what new evolution method GF will introduce, it's very possible that Eevee will receive this new method to get Ninfia(Ninfeon).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.