• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning Dragon

LIGHTNING FLIGHT!!!!
You realize Victini's ears are pointed, while Ninfia's are like fluffy bunny ears.

Also, NIN-FI-YA... VIK-TI-NI. Nope.

Most Pokemon share that kind of mouth.
And the head... Victini's ellipse while Ninfia's a rounded pentagon.

Seriously guys... you're just overanalyzing stuff...

I was meaning Ninfia's /Shot if spelled wrong resemblance. It sorta has half pointed ears. ....Its my analyzings. I'm not good. I'm sorry.

Bracer

EEVEElution Trainer
I like the idea of gender-based evolutions by keeping Xerneas or Yveltal in your party... just one or the other to trigger the appropriate (X or Y) gender evolution. Could definitely work for Ninfeon since it would me a "new" evolution method. It would also make trading/interacting with other trainers to get both legendaries even more important, which GF loves.

Last edited:

sflytal

I don't understand why people are so sure that X and Y are more indicative of gender than 3D. It seems clear to me that the third version of Gen VI will be Z. XYZ are the letters that represent the 3 dimensional planes. I don't think it has anything to do with gender.

That being said we already have gender based evolutions so I doubt that is what Ninfia will use to evolve. Each new eeveelution has always showcased a NEW method of evolution. Gender based isn't new; Gallade, Frosslass, and Vespiquen say Hi. It'll be something brand new, not something we've seen before.

Ver-mont

I don't understand why people are so sure that X and Y are more indicative of gender than 3D. It seems clear to me that the third version of Gen VI will be Z. XYZ are the letters that represent the 3 dimensional planes. I don't think it has anything to do with gender.

Because of the Japanese logo, there's a DNA sequence there.

Bracer

EEVEElution Trainer
I never said that I was SURE. This area is for speculation. And using a legendary in the party to trigger a gender-based evolution would be a new method. I didn't realize you already had the game and knew everything that was or wasn't going to happen. Forgive me... I'll never speculate again.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
Here's Ninfia and Victini side by side:

VictiNinfia_zps6aa2586d.png

I don't see the similarity.
Yes, they both have big blue rounded eyes. But other than that, nope. Not even the color scheme.
The only thing that I can make out that they both have in common is there face. Yes they both have big blue eyes, a dot for a nose(however this is very common most pokemon), widows peak however Victini's is straight up and is apart of it's ears while Ninfia curves around it's forehead, and besides it's mouth being very similar which is very common among pokemon(seriously) that's about it.
The color scheme is no where near the same, Victini= Tan/Orange, Ninfia=Pale White/Light Pink/Blue. I just don't understand how people are mistaking them for having the same color scheme, there totally different -_-

sflytal

I never said that I was SURE. This area is for speculation. And using a legendary in the party to trigger a gender-based evolution would be a new method. I didn't realize you already had the game and knew everything that was or wasn't going to happen. Forgive me... I'll never speculate again.

You're right. I apologize. I was too harsh. And I hadn't noticed the DNA strands. I'm going to slink back to my dark cave and wallow in my shame now.

Ninfeon, if normal type, could evolve by simply leveling up Eevee at level 30 or something similar. Doubtful, but possible.

Were unsure exactly how many new pokemon will get added, we only know so far that Gen 6 will bring the total # above 700 so that's at least 50.
I'm really hopping Gen 6 will be like Sinnoh introducing a bunch of pre-evo/evolutions for most pokemon. A new form of evolve is very possible in fact with each new generation we always get a new form of evolution. Kanto gave use the basic Lv up/stones/trading, Johto gave us Time of Day/Happiness, Hoenn gave us trading with a held item, Sinnoh gave us Lv up with a move/party pokemon/Lv up in a specific Location, and Unova gave us trading specific pokemon(karrablast=shelmet). Of course there's variations of each one and who knows what new evolution method GF will introduce, it's very possible that Eevee will receive this new method to get Ninfia(Ninfeon).

There's an ongoing pattern with the generations: Odd-numbered gens have a lot of new species and few if any new evos or prevos, while even numbered gens have relatively few new species and a lot of new evos/prevos.
-Gen 1: 151 species, obviously no new evos or prevos
-Gen 2: 100 new species, including 9 new evos (Kingdra, Umbreon, Espeon, Scizor, Steelix, Blissey, Slowking, Politoed, Porygon 2) and 7 prevos (Pichu, Elekid, Magby, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Smoochum, Tyrouge)
-Gen 3: 135 new species, including no new evos and only 2 new prevos (Wynaut, Azurill)
-Gen 4: 107 new species, including 18 new evos (Weavile, Roserade, Mismagius, Honchkrow, Porygon-Z, Togekiss, Magnezone, Tangrowth, Rhyperior, Electivire, Magmortar, Yanmega, Lickylicky, Mamoswine, Froslass, Gallade, Glaceon, Leafeon) and 6 new prevos (Mime Jr., Bonsly, Munchlax, Budew, Mantyke, Happiny)
-Gen 5: 156 new species, including no new evos or prevos

Last edited:

XanderCage

Loose Cannon Cop

That being said we already have gender based evolutions so I doubt that is what Ninfia will use to evolve. Each new eeveelution has always showcased a NEW method of evolution. Gender based isn't new; Gallade, Frosslass, and Vespiquen say Hi. It'll be something brand new, not something we've seen before.

I get that each new Eeveelution has used a new method to evolve so there is a very strong case for that point. I see it as a new evolution method for Eevee specifically. Whether its by level up or gender based. It's just very hard to see a new evolution method that hasn't been done. The only one I could think of is weather based. Stones, happiness, time of day, hold items, gender based, trade, trade with specific pokemon all exist already so I can't think of anything else. I could have said that last gen too though so you never know what they may think of. I hope its a unique situation, but a level up or gender based evolution for Eevee would be cool to see too.

Bracer

EEVEElution Trainer
Nah... don't slink away, sflytal. The internet was made for arguing anyway.

My response was driven by the pages and pages of people immediately shooting down ideas.

It reminds me of before Star Wars Episode I came out. There was soooo much crazy speculation (most all of it better than the actual movie), and us fanboys got into rabid fights over canon and probability and expanded universe events. I'm not sure anyone won those arguments... expcept G. Lucas's coffers.

There's an ongoing pattern with the generations: Odd-numbered gens have a lot of new species and few if any new evos or prevos, while even numbered gens have relatively few new species and a lot of new evos/prevos.
-Gen 2: 100 new species, including 8 new evos (Umbreon, Espeon, Scizor, Steelix, Blissey, Slowking, Politoed, Porygon 2) and 6 prevos (Pichu, Elekid, Magby, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Smoochum)
-Gen 3: 135 new species, including no new evos and only 2 new prevos (Wynaut, Azurill)
-Gen 4: 107 new species, including 17 new evos (Roserade, Mismagius, Honchkrow, Porygon-Z, Togekiss, Magnezone, Tangrowth, Rhyperior, Electivire, Magmortar, Yanmega, Lickylicky, Mamoswine, Froslass, Gallade, Glaceon, Leafeon) and 3 new prevos (Budew, Mantyke, Happiny)

Wow, I never noticed that...
Ninfia could be level up with a held item(bow) or battle a specific pokemon or something.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
Using a legendary for gender-based evolution's to me wouldn't be the best, considering you'll have to wait until you beat the game to get it :/
I would just leave it as a gender-based evolution while reaching a certain level, using a stone like previous gens, or even level up/be around a special place/location, etc, etc. An I know using a legendary is just an example for speculation, just I highly doubt they'll make you have a legendary just to evolve certain pokemon.

Last edited:

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
Yea I've noticed so it's defiantly a possibility Gen 6 will follow the pattern :)

Bus

If speculation on a more DNA themed generation is correct (X and Y chromosomal as opposed to X and Y coordinate plane), then we could see a kind of "merger" type thing be used as an evolutionary method. Like, A male Taurus and Female Milktank breeds a new 2 stage pokemon; a baby form and then its evolved. That's one option for Eevee; raise a female eevee in some new manner and it evolves into Nympheon; raise a male in another manner and its evolves into Neureon (Neuron or I dunno...just making a point).

Similar to how Shemlut evolved last gen where you essentially needed to cross breed. And, I mean, it might be an enormous coincidence, but Black2/White2 did introduce the idea of combining with the "DNA Splicer" key item for the dragons. I'm not saying it'll be a prominent thing and we'll suddenly have umpteen million pokemon since they'll be able to all cross breed, but we may see a group of like 3-4 pokemon who can cross-breed/DNA splice evolve and get several different evolutionary paths as a result. Of course, that all hinges on whether this gen is based on DNA instead of the coordinate plane (X, Y and/or Z axis).

gpt11

Were unsure exactly how many new pokemon will get added, we only know so far that Gen 6 will bring the total # above 700 so that's at least 50.
I'm really hopping Gen 6 will be like Sinnoh introducing a bunch of pre-evo/evolutions for most pokemon. A new form of evolve is very possible in fact with each new generation we always get a new form of evolution. Kanto gave use the basic Lv up/stones/trading, Johto gave us Time of Day/Happiness, Hoenn gave us trading with a held item, Sinnoh gave us Lv up with a move/party pokemon/Lv up in a specific Location, and Unova gave us trading specific pokemon(karrablast=shelmet). Of course there's variations of each one and who knows what new evolution method GF will introduce, it's very possible that Eevee will receive this new method to get Ninfia(Ninfeon).

Trading with Items was used first in Johto... Onix, Scyther, Poliwhirl, Slopoke, Seadra and Porygon

Zecaomes

Hey Scotty,Jesus Man
-Gen 2: 100 new species, including 8 new evos (Umbreon, Espeon, Scizor, Steelix, Blissey, Slowking, Politoed, Porygon 2) and 6 prevos (Pichu, Elekid, Magby, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Smoochum)
-Gen 4: 107 new species, including 17 new evos (Roserade, Mismagius, Honchkrow, Porygon-Z, Togekiss, Magnezone, Tangrowth, Rhyperior, Electivire, Magmortar, Yanmega, Lickylicky, Mamoswine, Froslass, Gallade, Glaceon, Leafeon) and 3 new prevos (Budew, Mantyke, Happiny)

Yeah, this gen probably will have loads of new evolutions. Also, in Gen IV, Mime Jr, Munchlax and Bonsly were also introduced

Yea I've noticed so it's defiantly a possibility Gen 6 will follow the pattern :)

Lol you spelled 'definitely' so badly that spell check made it say 'defiantly'. Not to be rude.
But yeah, with all the new gen V pokes, I am hoping for a sequel to gen IV.

Wow, I never noticed that...
Ninfia could be level up with a held item(bow) or battle a specific pokemon or something.

That's an idea I thought of a long time ago, evolving by beating a specific species or a specific type. Since there are so many different species, it might be easier to go with it being a specific type as opposed to a specific species.

Status
Not open for further replies.