• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even through Ninfia and Victini have simar big blue eyes, nothing else really stands out. Victini has a round head, whiles Ninfia's is more...hexogonal, I guess. The names have NOTHING in common except for 'Ni', which doesn't mean anything ._. If anything, Ninfia is probably 'The joyous Pokemon' or something like that. Not saying it will but. Wild guess. Why are we comparing Victini and Ninfia anyways?

White_Roar~

Mother Monster
Even through Ninfia and Victini have simar big blue eyes, nothing else really stands out. Victini has a round head, whiles Ninfia's is more...hexogonal, I guess. The names have NOTHING in common except for 'Ni', which doesn't mean anything ._. If anything, Ninfia is probably 'The joyous Pokemon' or something like that. Not saying it will but. Wild guess. Why are we comparing Victini and Ninfia anyways?

That's likely because of, as you stated, the eyes - and they have similar fur color.

So each even numbered gen has about 100 new pokemon, 6 prevos and 2 new eeveelutions.

yoshi007

Ice Type Trainer
There's an ongoing pattern with the generations: Odd-numbered gens have a lot of new species and few if any new evos or prevos, while even numbered gens have relatively few new species and a lot of new evos/prevos.
-Gen 1: 151 species, obviously no new evos or prevos
-Gen 2: 100 new species, including 8 new evos (Umbreon, Espeon, Scizor, Steelix, Blissey, Slowking, Politoed, Porygon 2) and 6 prevos (Pichu, Elekid, Magby, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Smoochum)
-Gen 3: 135 new species, including no new evos and only 2 new prevos (Wynaut, Azurill)
-Gen 4: 107 new species, including 17 new evos (Roserade, Mismagius, Honchkrow, Porygon-Z, Togekiss, Magnezone, Tangrowth, Rhyperior, Electivire, Magmortar, Yanmega, Lickylicky, Mamoswine, Froslass, Gallade, Glaceon, Leafeon) and 3 new prevos (Budew, Mantyke, Happiny)
-Gen 5: 156 new species, including no new evos or prevos

There's also Tyrogue and Hitmontop from Gen II, which also counts as linking together Pokémon as Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan weren't evolutionarily (is that a word?) related before then.

And there's also Weavile, Mime Jr. and Munchlax from Gen IV, off the top of my head, making it 18 new evos and 5 new prevos.

EDIT: *Reads posts* Damn I missed Bonsly. 6 new prevos then.

I get that each new Eeveelution has used a new method to evolve so there is a very strong case for that point. I see it as a new evolution method for Eevee specifically. Whether its by level up or gender based. It's just very hard to see a new evolution method that hasn't been done. The only one I could think of is weather based. Stones, happiness, time of day, hold items, gender based, trade, trade with specific pokemon all exist already so I can't think of anything else. I could have said that last gen too though so you never know what they may think of. I hope its a unique situation, but a level up or gender based evolution for Eevee would be cool to see too.

Well, how about battling a certain Pokémon, or winning whatever the region's gimmicky minigame thing is (Contests, Pokéathlon, etc.). There's also altitude as someone suggested a while back in this thread, e.g. high altitude (mountain) for Flying Eeveelution, low altitude (underground) for Ground Eeveelution... though I guess it could sort of count as location-based, but not limited to one location only this time i.e. moss rock, ice rock, specific mountain/cave in region...

EDIT: Hoenn introduced beauty as a form of evolution... though Unova removed it for the time being so...

I'm waiting on the second Eeveeloution. I hope they are Genderbased - Like Ninfia would be Flying typed and only female, whilest the other would be Fighting and only male.

Rio!

Composer
So about Ninfia...are we looking at another Eevee evolution? I'm only going by what I see on the updated page, seeing as I can't read a lick of Japanese. XD

I'm waiting on the second Eeveeloution. I hope they are Genderbased - Like Ninfia would be Flying typed and only female, whilest the other would be Fighting and only male.

That would be cool. ;o

jake279

Ice Master
Eevee is the genetics pokemon. It can evolve many ways because it has unstable DNA so it makes perfect sense that a new Eeveelution would be one of the first pokemon to be revealed for games based on genetics. However, I'm completely disappointed by the design. If it's anything other than normal type I'll be further disappointed. Not because I want a normal type eeveeolution, or because I don't want eeveelutions of other types but because I want better looking Eeveelutions for those types. What I mean to say is, if it ends up being flying type I'll be disappointed because I think they could have come up with a better design for a flying type Eeveelution and so on. I don't want it to be anything other than normal because I want better designs for the other types.

As for new evolutions of old pokemon, I really want a Stunfisk evo. I saw a fan-art design that was absolutely brilliant and now I can't get it out of my head that it needs to happen.
I also think Cacturn could use an evo to bring it up to par with other newer pokemon.
Spinda could use an evo but not a Panda, something more elongated and rabbit-like.
Dunsparce really needs a dragon type evo but I doubt it will ever get one.
I'd never thought about before until someone mentioned it on here but I'd like a Primeape evo. Maybe a Gorilla, and Primeape seems to be really overlooked so it wouldn't hurt.
A Lanturn evo wouldn't hurt. Make it more powerful and more dolphin-like in appearance.
A Relicanth evo would also be appreciated. Again I seen a great fan-art of one and I want it to happen.
I personally would've liked a dragon type eevee-lution. Similar colouring to Druddigon. Slightly scaled on feet. Pointed slicked back ears. Spiked spine from head to tip of tail like a dragon.

As for brand spanking new pokemon I'd like to see...

An ice/fighting type Kangaroo like the fake one that leaked as a 4th gen starter.
A black-widow pokemon. Bug/dark type. Has to be 100% female and doesn't evolve.
A raptor fossil pokemon. Rock/dark type.
A Stegasaurus fossil pokemon. Rock/steel type.
If not those then a sabre tooth tiger. Rock/ice type.
One of those dinosaurs with the neck brace that spits poison. I don't know their names (think Jurassic park where it spits in the fat guys eyes in the car). It would be rock/poison type.
A red panda based pokemon. Either normal or fighting type. Not fire
A koala pokemon. Would have to be cute. Normal type. (the jigglypuff/chansey/skitty of this gen)
A wallaby theme pokemon.
A tasmanian devil based pokemon. Would be dark type.
A hyena based pokemon. People say Mightyena is based of it but it looks nothing like one, too wolf-like. I want one that actually looks like one. Would be ground/dark type.
A lemur based pokemon thats 3 stages. Starts normal then turns normal/fighting.
Everyone seems to be calling out for a husky. Something to rival the Growlithe/Arcanine line. Has to be ice type.
A jumping mouse based pokemon. normal type. This regions early rodent.

That's all i can think of right now...

raykee247

Collecter
I'm warming up more and more to the design, although it does kinda remind me of milotic colour scheme wise especially on the end of its ribbons. What I'm really interested in at the moment is evolution method. Maybe a new stone? Or maybe levelling up with high friendship while holding a specific item? I don't think that's been done before.
On a different note I can't wait to see what other new evos for old pokemon they come up with. Corsola, Mawile, Pachirisu, Dunsparce and Skarmory are the ones I'd most like to see.

strikeZone13

Merc with a mouth
Man, I like Ninifa (so original i know) From its rather feminine design i'd say the other eeveelution Its probably going to be a blue one so they can do gender exclusive evolutions. Ninifa also looks like a flying type, or poison.

New Pokemon: I want a wolf, a real honest-to goodness wolf, Make it an ice type plz....
A velociraptor fossil would be awesome, rock dark

strikeZone13

Merc with a mouth
So, these are the types that aren't yet Eeveelutions. Of them, here's my personal take on the probability that they are Ninfia's type:
Bug: Very unlikely. It doesn't have any bug-like traits like segmented body parts, wings, compound eyes, antennae, or anything.
Rock: Very unlikely. It looks far too nimble and light to be Rock-type, plus its color isn't like any Rock-type I've seen.
Steel: Unlikely. Considering the way Eeveelutions normally reflect their type, I can't imagine a Steel-type Eeveelution being anything but silver in color.
Ghost: Improbable. It would probably be purple and/or have some kind of whisps of smoke or something coming off of it. Plus, it doesn't look sinister enough to be Ghost-type.
Fighting: Actually quite possible. The coloring isn't too off-kilter for a Fighting-type, and those ribbons could easily be used as whips. And for anyone who thinks it's too feminine looking, like Fighting types can't look feminine, I have two words for you: Meditite, Medicham.
Flying: As has been mentioned, it's quite possible. Ninfia is very light and nimble, and those ribbons could be used to catch the wind to gain flight.
Dragon: Somewhat possible. I think if it was Dragon-type it would have scales and/or fangs, but that's not necessarily a cardinal rule of Dragon types. Besides, how do we know that it doesn't have scales? Pokemon with scales don't often have patterns that really make it clear that they do.
Ground: Not likely. It would probably be brown and/or have chunks of dirt or dark splotches on its coat.
Poison: A bit possible. It would probably be purple, but its coloring isn't too far off for me to dismiss the possibility.
Normal: Possible based on appearance, but unlikely because I don't think they'd make a Normal-type Eeveelution unless they have all 16 other types covered.

strikeZone13

Merc with a mouth
Dilophosaurus is the spitting dinosaur even though in actuality they weren't venomous

What if they actually made one and named it BruceLeeon? That would be awesome xD

But that's besides the point. If Ninfia is Flying, it's counterpart will be Fighting/Rock/Ground. If it's Normal, Fighting will be it's counterpart.
Those are the most likely counterparts. Not saying they will be, but I'd like them to be.

confuser987

How about a Poison/Rock type?

Weaknesses: Ground, Psychic, Steel, water
Resistances: Bug, Fire, Normal, Flying
None: Grass, Fighting, Dark, Dragon, Electric, Ice

Edit: Moved Flying to Resistances instead of None.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.