• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quiver dance has killed me so many times. But I've killed people with it too.

...and here is where I regret bringing up Serperior and Grass/Dragon in the same sentence. :/ Just lile Charizard, if it was Dragon, it would he completely unbalanced. Serperior is fine as it is. And a Basilisk Lizard can run on water so I dunno what the hell you're talking about.

naughtynun

Last edited:

C.y.a.n

Ace Trainer
Guys, I do believe Ninfia is shiny. I know we went over this already, but I'm considering it more likely then not.
1) The art for the movie has sparkles
2)The in game screenshot with the stars is not Wish or Swift, but the new shiny animation.

Don't kill me, but its certainly an idea we should be open to.

That is actually really good. I thought the colours were very close to espeons. Maybe the secret evolution involves shiny eevee evolving?

KKS-Lapras

Guys, I do believe Ninfia is shiny. I know we went over this already, but I'm considering it more likely then not.
2)The in game screenshot with the stars is not Wish or Swift, but the new shiny animation.

It certainly would help explain why, regardless what type Ninfia ends up being, the one we've seen has coloring that doesn't match up to anything specifically. Think about this to, in the upcoming movie, the lead Genesect is shiny, if I'm not mistaken. So it isn't out of the realm of possibility that the Pikachu short with Eevee, features a shiny Ninfia.

Yveltal96

A little more human
I loved most of those evo's I posted up! Has anyone ever seen a decent fanart for a Tauros/Miltank prevo?

Also, Serperior SHOULD have been a Dragon-type in my opinion! It was like a Basilisk, so it made sense for it to be a Dragon-type to me. A Samurai otter that WASN'T a Fighting type made no sense either. All so they could do another stupid fire/fighting YET again! Tepig's dark colouration made me think it was going to be a Dark type too later on. Can anyone honestly say they prefered the actual gen 5 starter typings to the ideas above?

I will be really cross if we get a Fire/Fighting this gen as its ridiculous now to have 3 out of 5 Fire starters with the exact same type combination. The same could be said for 3/5 of Water and Grass starters being pure. So I will be angry with those 3 choices for the starters and happy with ANYTHING else. I will be VERY pleased if they are of a new type combination for their starter type. So also ideally not pure fire, fire/flying, grass/ground, water/ground, water/steel, grass/poison.

i'm pretty sure you already said this but i was kinda upset about the starters' typing from last gen

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer

You don't know if those animations arnet swift or wish...so that's a no.
Also I'm sure that the sparkles are there for esthetic reasons.
Though again, idk if that IS in fact its shiny sprite or not...
I'm just noting those are some really outlandish comments, (before knowing what the game will be like or its animations.)

531540_530378540335081_133249731_n.jpg

Friend showed me this picture. Hahahahahah xDDDDD Now this is fairly amusing...

Attachments

• 531540_530378540335081_133249731_n.jpg
    531540_530378540335081_133249731_n.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 27

Nacreous

Fire trainer
That is actually really good. I thought the colours were very close to espeons. Maybe the secret evolution involves shiny eevee evolving?

Yeah,maybe the new method of evolution involves only a shiny Eevee and some item or place or season.

Or maybe with the same item,the shiny Eevee evolves into Ninfia,a Flying type and the regular Eevee evolves into a Ground type

cybersonic233

Yeah,maybe the new method of evolution involves only a shiny Eevee and some item or place or season.

Or maybe with the same item,the shiny Eevee evolves into Ninfia,a Flying type and the regular Eevee evolves into a Ground type

thered best be a fixed shiny eevee in the game then if thats the case.

KKS-Lapras

I really hope that Eevee doesn't have to be shiny to evolve into Ninfia, I hope if this specific Ninfia is shiny, that it's just for promotion. I also still don't like the idea of Gender based evolutions, for Eevee, it just doesn't make any reasonable sense.

C.y.a.n

Ace Trainer

The way a shiny would attract people to see it, then the shiny eevee adapted to attract more people to see it. So resulting in the elegant looking evolve with the bows and ribbons

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
There's no need to be rude. I don't particularly care what a Basilisk Lizard does, as I wasn't talking about that. The legendary Basilisk is draconic:
http://www.eaudrey.com/myth/images/basilisk2.jpg as you can see...

A Basilisk is an Iguana, not a Serpent and none of the starters should ever be a Dragon type, it gives too much of a type advantage against the other two, unless you conviniently make them all dragon or the other two ice which is stupid because you don't have to be patching stuff up all the time to make other stuff acceptable.

The only starter that needed a diferent typing last region was Samurott, he should have been a figthing type, Serperior at most would be a poison type but since she is a Anaconda type of snake, those don't have poison they constricit you, so being a grass type only is the most acceptable thing in Serperior case.

naughtynun

i'm pretty sure you already said this but i was kinda upset about the starters' typing from last gen

It was literally the most boring possible typing for each starter type! BEFORE Serperior was pure Grass type, pure Grass typing was the most common typing for a starter (50% were pure before, 25% grass/ground and 25% grass/poison). The same was true for Fire/Fighting (50% compared to 25% pure Fire and 25% fire/flying) and pure Water (50% compared to 25% water/steel and 25% water/ground). That didn't annoy me as much as Tauros and Buffalon, Pachirisu and Emolga and Luvdisc and Alomamola not being related to each other. If they aren't remotely related then its just a cheap rehash.

A Basilisk is an Iguana, not a Serpent and none of the starters should ever be a Dragon type, it gives too much of a type advantage against the other two, unless you conviniently make them all dragon or the other two ice which is stupid because you don't have to be patching stuff up all the time to make other stuff acceptable.

Well alright about advantages and all that but a legendary Basilisk is NOT an iguana, its is a serpent. I wasn't talking about any biological species.

Last edited:

KKS-Lapras

i love that picture lol
but it doesn't have to actually fly to be a flying type

I agree, which is why I was always hesitant to believe a Flying type Eeveelution would be possible. The idea of adding wings or wing-like appendages seemed like just too drastic a physical change. But if it isn't capable of flying, but rather just manipulating the air/wind/etc, then I can picture how it might work. Going off the idea that the Ninfia we've seen might be shiny, if it is, I lean towards it being either Normal type or Ghost type, but that's if it is indeed shiny.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
The way a shiny would attract people to see it, then the shiny eevee adapted to attract more people to see it. So resulting in the elegant looking evolve with the bows and ribbons
It does make sense...Eevee adapted to attention and became a diva.And a Flying type would just suggest an airhead.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM

I can see Ninfia being shiny, there's certainly some hints that point towards it. Much like what you've pointed out already, the sparkles from ark work, and the SC of the stars really don't look like Swift or Wish, but possibly being the new shiny animation when it's released into battle. So it's definitely a possibility and I wouldn't be surprised it was Shiny.

Yveltal96

A little more human

that is actually a really cool idea
that way the only way ninfia is obtainable is by a shiny

Status
Not open for further replies.