• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

KKS-Lapras

that is actually a really cool idea
that way the only way ninfia is obtainable is by a shiny

I just don't see why GF would go that route, because it makes little sense. I think this one is, if it is shiny, just to promote Ninfia, as the Red Genesect does in the upcoming movie.

Nacreous

Fire trainer

I like how we try to uncover complicated theories when,Ninfia would most likely turn up to be a Normal type that'll end up in NU.That would be so sad.

Yveltal96

A little more human
what if there is a new move introduced to this gen and to evolve into ninfia you need to have eevee learn it (new egg move maybe) and level it up to level 15 or 20 or something like that.
maybe that move is the one used in the magazine

A Basilisk is an Iguana, not a Serpent and none of the starters should ever be a Dragon type, it gives too much of a type advantage against the other two, unless you conviniently make them all dragon or the other two ice which is stupid because you don't have to be patching stuff up all the time to make other stuff acceptable.

The only starter that needed a diferent typing last region was Samurott, he should have been a figthing type, Serperior at most would be a poison type but since she is a Anaconda type of snake, those don't have poison they constricit you, so being a grass type only is the most acceptable thing in Serperior case.

THANK YOU! I love you. Don't worry I say that to everyone. Heehee.

But, yes, I was fairly disappointed when Samurott wasn't Water/Fighting. I hate Emboar, cut me. And also, not all snakes are poisonus, and Grass/Poison...? Not really my thing. I dun really like the combination of the 2. On rare occasions I'd accept it, but....

Yveltal96

A little more human

But, yes, I was fairly disappointed when Samurott wasn't Water/Fighting. I hate Emboar, cut me. And also, not all snakes are poisonus, and Grass/Poison...? Not really my thing. I dun really like the combination of the 2. On rare occasions I'd accept it, but....

chlorophyll venusaur might be one of those exceptions i am assuming?
i wouldn't mind if serperior was grass/poison that would have been cool.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Well alright about advantages and all that but a legendary Basilisk is NOT an iguana, its is a serpent. I wasn't talking about any biological species.

I think you are confusing an oriental dragon to a basilisk dragon, I've seen multiple diferent basilisk dragons in games and most of them aren't serpent like but sure there are some that are like that, stil once again Serperior is just a serpent as far as I'm concerned.

I've read the Bulbapedia trivia stuff and the whole glare thing, the other snakes have that also and basilisk once again seems to be an animal on his own a diferent reptile.

Lol sure.

I still don't get why people hate the only decent starters that makes sense from basic to fully evolved, cmon if its just about the fire figthing thing ignore that the pokemon looks better then the others two look at how it evolves, atleast it doesn't get handicaped of stuff he had before like Samurott and Serperior.

C.y.a.n

Ace Trainer

Thanks. That is what makes it so special about evolving it. it can only be shiny

Yveltal96

A little more human
well still dragons are reptiles
soooo why can't serperior be grass/dragon again?
because of a typing disadvantage?
grass isn't super effective against empoleon so what's the deal

C.y.a.n

Ace Trainer
I like how we try to uncover complicated theories when,Ninfia would most likely turn up to be a Normal type that'll end up in NU.That would be so sad.

Yep probably everything we guess will be wrong and it will be the most simple thing everyone ignored and Ninfia will be the most wasted hype ever

naughtynun

I think you are confusing an oriental dragon to a basilisk dragon, I've seen multiple diferent basilisk dragons in games and most of them aren't serpent like but sure there are some that are like that, stil once again Serperior is just a serpent as far as I'm concerned.

I've read the Bulbapedia trivia stuff and the whole glare thing, the other snakes have that also and basilisk once again seems to be an animal on his own a diferent reptile.

Lol sure.

I still don't get why people hate the only decent starters that makes sense from basic to fully evolved, cmon if its just about the fire figthing thing ignore that the pokemon looks better then the others two look at how it evolves, atleast it doesn't get handicaped of stuff he had before like Samurott and Serperior.

I don't know if you meant me but I love Serperior's design, and the fact that it looks like a natural progression from stage to stage, unlike dewott -> Samurott. I just thought it should have been Dragon typed. I HATE Emboar as someone else said earlier, and not just because of its typing either, if fact it was mostly its hideously ugly design I hate it for. The typing was the poo-flavoured icing on the cake.

Yveltal96

A little more human
i hope it isn't normal type
i always thought if there was a normal eeveelution it would keep its brown coat
also i always thought it would be the last eeveelution

Rio!

Composer
well still dragons are reptiles
soooo why can't serperior be grass/dragon again?
because of a typing disadvantage?
grass isn't super effective against empoleon so what's the deal

Ground is super-effective against Empoleon. :I
/pokes Torterra.

Dragon-type moves are overall pretty dang powerful and tend to take a *lot* longer than your average Pokemon to train.
It's not a matter of having double disadvantages, I don't think.

Last edited:

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I don't know if you meant me but I love Serperior's design, and the fact that it looks like a natural progression from stage to stage, unlike dewott -> Samurott. I just thought it should have been Dragon typed. I HATE Emboar as someone else said earlier, and not just because of its typing either, if fact it was mostly its hideously ugly design I hate it for. The typing was the poo-flavoured icing on the cake.

Well I don't think losing his hands is a natural progression but thats just me I guess, Dewott lost mobility and can't stand is retarded or can stand for some time but then goes back down, Emboar is badass but to each their own tastes aren't discussed but I feel that most of the hate for it is because of the typing which them built into other stuff.

I feel like a guy did Snivy and Servine and another did Oshawott and Dewott and then asked a random guy that apparently had no idea what they were going for to make the lat evolution.

Last edited:

naughtynun

Well I don't think losing his hands is a natural progression but thats just me I guess, Dewott lost mobility and can't stand is retarded or can stand for some time but then goes back down, Emboar is badass but to each their own tastes aren't discussed but I feel that most of the hate for it is because of the typing which them built into other stuff.

To me Emboar is just a fat pig with a wierd shaped body, Rhyperior rip-off arms, stupid eyebrow things that make it look like and old man and a fire beard that goes backwards. I mean a fire beard could be cool but not going backwards!

Serp losing its hands is a reference to the Biblical snake in Genesis, that was destined to crawl on its belly.

Last edited:

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
To me Emboar is just a fat pig with a wierd shaped body, Rhyperior rip-off arms, stupid eyebrow things that make it look like and old man and a fire beard that goes backwards. I mean a fire beard could be cool but not going backwards!

Serp losing its hands is a reference to the Biblical snake in Genesis, that was destined to crawl on its belly.

I think he is a badass bulky giant fire pig, the arms really cool specially since he has Arm Thrust like Haryiama, I think the eyebrows look cool and I don't think it looks like an old man.

Well thats speculation I'm sure but reference or not, I'm not a fan of it losing its arms, I don't dislike Serperior or Samurott designs actually, I dislike that they are the evolutions of Dewott and Servine, I actually think both designs are cool but again taste are not debatable, I think Emboar looks cool and I like I said I just dislike that the other two aren't part of a difrent pokemon line instead of the starters.

Yveltal96

A little more human
ok we are getting seriously off topic
we aren't even talking about gen 6 anymore

but who thinks that if illmuise and volbeat evolved they should be bug/electric?

naughtynun

I think he is a badass bulky giant fire pig, the arms really cool specially since he has Arm Thrust like Haryiama, I think the eyebrows look cool and I don't think it looks like an old man.

Well thats speculation I'm sure but reference or not, I'm not a fan of it losing its arms, I don't dislike Serperior or Samurott designs actually, I dislike that they are the evolutions of Dewott and Servine, I actually think both designs are cool.

I forgot to say that it MIGHT be based on the Genesis snake. Sorry, I wasn't trying to peddle speculation as fact. I see what you mean, like how Octillery is ok but seems crazy as an evolution of Remoraid?

I'm looking forward to seeing the final gen 5 evo's. I remember that everyone loves Snivy and Tepig back at the start and hated Oshawott (some of us still do) but as soon as the final stages were announced many people decided not to choose Tepig because of Emboar and chose Oshawott on account of Samurott. Serperior didn't seem to change Snivy's popularity much as it was so popular to start with.

Fazzer

It seems I'm the only one to come up with the idea that Ninfia may evolve depending on both it's own and the Trainers gender...

My best guess is that the "early bird" Pokemon will probably be a Raven....

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I don't see the problem with Samurott, of course it's different from Dewott and Oshawott because that's what it was intended and supposed to form to. This applies with Dragonair to Dragonite.

And I can't see the relationship with Ninfia and Milotic, the ribbons are different, Finfia sports two-tipped ribbons while Milotic on the other hand has three-tipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.