• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiller

i suppose the english and japanese sites will update with the info after corocoro is released if we are lucky theyll reveal something else like ninfia's type or a new trailer(know thats not gonna happen).

Definitely a flying type. Totally just realized that every Eeveelution visually displays its typing via some physical aspect, and in order for this to be a proper Eeveelution, it should follow suit. Look at the bows in conjunction, it looks like a butterfly or something is flying upward. It only has a bow on one ear so it gives that sense of upward direction. It's name suggest it being a nymph, which are commonly associated with flying. It's color scheme fits a flying type, the ribbons flowing suggest wind, and it's eyes are sky blue.

If its not a flying type then GameFreak has become an official troll.

Absol_utely

Cool Trainer
Llways wanted a dolphin!

I'd love to see a guppy based Pokemon
I have a tropical fish tank at home filled with them
There very o common
And there tailed would really work we'll into a Pokemon, also the color diversity!
Maybe something liked spinda when it comes to the tail pattern.

I have Siamese fighting fish and would love a Water/Fighting badass fish .

adamfitz

poké-lover

Oh that's a betta fish right?
Yeah Id love a Pokemon based on them, I had one too but it ate the guppy babies
Anyway back of subject.
I'd love a new vcat Pokemon with predominant whiskers

Absol_utely

Cool Trainer
We already have a ton of water types, nothing they need to make up for.

We need more Fire types!

But I thought (and I like) how in the Pokéworld, abundancy of certain types reflect real-life scenarios, i.e. very few Ghost, Dragon and Fire types as these are considered more rare and conversely a lot of Grass, Bug and Water types as these are all commonly found in the wild...

Kariachi

Power Is Beautiful

I keep them too! It would have to be special-based, and sorta Milotic-ish. It could have the obvious gender-difference and/or come in varied types! We could have Water/Normal veiltail, water/fighting plakats, crowntails could be water/dragon, and they could have a dragon doubletail that's Water/Steel! Maybe make a water/ghost rosetail!

adamfitz

poké-lover
But I thought (and I like) how in the Pokéworld, abundancy of certain types reflect real-life scenarios, i.e. very few Ghost, Dragon and Fire types as these are considered more rare and conversely a lot of Grass, Bug and Water types as these are all commonly found in the wild...

Yeah I fought that too.
I mean there's no way to make them happy if we did get more fire typos there would be complaining,
I like the way some types are rarer than others and I think it should be kept this way.

_____
Also just had an idea of an evolution of girafarig.

Grey Wind

Nah, Illumise and Volbeat seem to have faded into obscurity. I doubt they're going to get evolutions/pre-evolutions.
"Fading into obscurity" doesn't really have anything to know with whether it gets an evolution or not. Tangela was one of the most forgotten 'mons out there and they evolve that (didn't someone say that was the reason they evolved it anyway, that everybody had forgotten about it?).

Never particularly liked Volbeat and Illumise, so I don't really want either of them to evolve, anyway. I'm gunning for a Torkoal or Dunsparce evo, personally.

Regional Bird- Cassowary- Flying/Fighting
Love this idea, I really want a regional bird that's something different than the norm. I think someone had the idea of having a Fighting/Flying peacock that fights with fans? I think that'd be pretty cool.

BunniBear4

Pokémon Trainer
i suppose the english and japanese sites will update with the info after corocoro is released if we are lucky theyll reveal something else like ninfia's type or a new trailer(know thats not gonna happen).

We may not be told the type, but we will likely get the English name. Considering that Jolt seems electric and Leaf is grass like, whatever eon this becomes we'll be able to at least rule out a bunch of types.

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
We may not be told the type, but we will likely get the English name. Considering that Jolt seems electric and Leaf is grass like, whatever eon this becomes we'll be able to at least rule out a bunch of types.

Ninfia will probably be called Ninfieon/Ninfeon, as the two last eeveeloutions with it's naming scheme something to do with type-ia, Glacia and Leafia are known as Glaceon and Leafeon in english.

KKS-Lapras

I still lean towards this being a shiny Ninfea, to coincide with the Shiny Red Genesect in the movie.

Kariachi

Power Is Beautiful
Watch the english name be Obsceon or something...

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I still lean towards this being a shiny Ninfea, to coincide with the Shiny Red Genesect in the movie.

That seems really unlikely. They've never revealed a Pokémon's Shiny coloration before its normal coloration, nor have they ever done a true, non-promotional Sugimori artwork for a Shiny Pokémon.

Ver-mont

Ninfia will probably be called Ninfieon/Ninfeon, as the two last eeveeloutions with it's naming scheme something to do with type-ia, Glacia and Leafia are known as Glaceon and Leafeon in english.

Then it would be Nympheon. It's possible, but you can never be sure (Leafeon and Glaceon were the only cases where the English name remained close to the Japanese name).

That seems really unlikely. They've never revealed a Pokémon's Shiny coloration before its normal coloration, nor have they ever done a true, non-promotional Sugimori artwork for a Shiny Pokémon.

Exactly. Thank you.

Avi604

Reef Trainer
I feel let down, I really like Ninfia it's very cute plus a little unexpected design wise to me but I want more. I'm about 98% sure it's based of a kite and will be a PURE flying type. The number of pages has exploded since Ninfia came out but with not much for the next month it's going to be rough lol. Talking about bugs that need an upgrade this gen, I really really want a Kricketune evo were one of his arms turns into a violin and he gets high special attack and learns all the sound/music based moves I think that would be amazing!

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
do they usually release pokemon info on it?

We got our first info off of Pokemon Direct. It's a 3Ds and Wii U announcement direct , so chances are that XY and rumble U will be featured.

I'm expecting Beartic and Stantler in a Scandinavian areas: Some f it's in the artic cicle, after all.

Ninfia is quite weird to me (but it's my 2nd fave Poke, you will never guess the first is *sacrcasm*) as dying your hairs the colour of Ninfia's body (Pink, Blue and Red) have became quite popular in scottish girls, and bows occasionaly bob up in down in the crowd. Coincedence, ay?

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
Nymph seems really...out there just because it sounds similar to Ninf I don't think they would name it that. Since a Nymph is mostly a type of faerie or creature that turns into whatever element it is in.

Status
Not open for further replies.