• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
I don't think its a coincidence they are doing a direct just before corocoro's release this month. They will probably gives us the English name of Ninfia and some gameplay footage. I think that's about it.
Is this worldwide or only in US ? If its not in Japan, then we can assume that the news will be about Ninfia and nothing else.

Last edited:

adamfitz

poké-lover
I don't think its a coincidence they are doing a direct just before corocoro's release this month. They will probably gives us the English name of Ninfia and some gameplay footage. I think that's about it.
Is this worldwide or only in US ? If its not in Japan, then we can assume that the news will be about Ninfia and nothing else.

Yeah that's what I'm expecting.
I'm also REALLY HOPING they can put an end to some rumored like character customization, a simple yes or no.

Its world wide m just like the one that released x and y

Its also on 3ds games, not just Pokemon x and y
So I'm not expecting much.

Last edited:

Aegon

It's a simultaneous worldwide Nintendo Direct.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Okay, so Ninfia is now called Sylveon. That pretty much cements the idea of it being a Flying-type in my mind

EDIT: And as you guys can now see, my mind uses very weak cement.

Last edited:

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
SO official ENglish name has just been revealed, Ninfia is now Sylveon!

I can see the root in Sylph in there. A Sylph is a wind Sprite. It has to Flying!

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
why flying type? the prefix syl means togetherness or a fusion. i feel like this almost confirms a normal type evolution to represent all the others as well.

It reminds me of "sylph," but you make a good point too.

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
Yea, you do have a good point Sunnyshore, but togetherness can also represent the sky, as everything that's in the air is together, and a fusion between all of the different gases that make up the air we breath, so that narrows it down to Normal and Flying.

Janovy

Banned
I don't think it's a Flying type, there's nothing that suggests that.

I think it's Normal type.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
i have never heard of such a thing. but syl is a common prefix meaning togetherness.

Sylphs are mythical air elementals; I think the Sylph Co. is named after them. Either way, after factoring in what you said, I'd say that there's now a 50/50 chance of it being either a Normal-type or a Flying-type.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
It might come from Sylph...>.>yeah...so,it might be Flying type.Although,they haven't shown it using any Flying type moves,only the regular ones:Swift,Giga Impact,Trump Card and what else?

I don't think it's a Flying type, there's nothing that suggests that.

I think it's Normal type.

Indeed. I'm still googling 'sylv' and trying to decipher it.

mudkipzz

Sylphs are mythical air elementals; I think the Sylph Co. is named after them. Either way, going by what you said, I'd now say that there's a 50/50 chance of it being either a Normal-type or a Flying-type.

Except the fact it's clearly the only new Eevee, and the promo stuff for it suggest a leader and a togetherness of Eevees.

I bet it's normal. If it's flying, I'll stop posting for awhile.

pepsa

Everytime I look up the word "sylv" I get definitions pertaining to trees or forests. Hmm this is confusing. :/

Bus

According to Wikipedia (and Final Fantasy; if you play the older FFs you know all Sylph like monsters (as well as the summon) are wind elements)
Sylph (Sylphid)
Creature
Grouping Mythological
Sub grouping Air spirit, Elementa

Janovy

Banned
So why not Sylpheon? Why Sylveon?

It doesn't have to be that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.