• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
Is anyone expecting something in this direct ? I expected at least game footage. After all, x/y must be the most anticipated games or the 3ds this year.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Maybe Sylveon can learn elemental attacks that the other eevelutions can learn like Thunderbolt and Flamethrower,or Leaf Blade etc.

Janovy

Banned
Maybe Sylveon can learn elemental attacks that the other eevelutions can learn like Thunderbolt and Flamethrower,or Leaf Blade etc.
Maybe as Normal type, but it shouldn't be able to learn those as Flying type.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Is anyone expecting something in this direct ? I expected at least game footage. After all, x/y must be the most anticipated games or the 3ds this year.

I'm not expecting anything Pokémon-related, but I'm watching it anyway on the off-chance that there is something.

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
there's two reasons its being kept secret. 1) its a normal type to represent all eeveelutions or 2) its flying type and its supposed to surprise us when it jumps up and flies around

so yeah, surely one or the other. i'd just PREFER normal type, but eh!

I don't want Sylveon to be a Normal type because it seems definitive that there would be no more Eeveelutions IMO. But then again, I doubt there will be all 17 types of Eeveelutions anyway.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Sylveon, eh? The prefix 'syl-' means 'together', and Sylveon's German name 'Feelinara' is derived from 'fee', meaning 'fairy'.

I also think the first attack it used looked more like a Fire-type attack than something like Superpower. Perhaps it's a Normal type (bows and ribbons pointing to an Eevee that evolves in a domesticated environment perhaps?) that represents all Eeveelutions and can use different types of attacks?

edit: basically what sunyshore.com said

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
Sylveon? Nice. Like a common woman's name Sylvia. It's got to be a female only Pokemon or the discussion of gender-confused Pokemon is gonna escalate this year

Chidzz

sylveon will probably be fighting type due to the resemblance to mienshao, but i didnt rally like the design (i mean as an eeveelution...)

Last edited:

mr jordaroo

Mudkip Enthusiast
Its always felt like a flying type or normal type to me, and with eevee being a normal type already, I'm saying Sylveon is flying type. Plus I've always thought a new normal eeveelution would end up looking a lot more like a grown up eevee than what we've got with Sylveon...

Based on the design, which you have to admit is quite feminine, I'd say there will be another eeveelution in gen 6 with a more masculine design. This could cover any of the remaining types not used (rock, ground, poison, steel, bug, etc), and would be a new method of evolving eevee... Maybe when it reaches a specific level based on gender it evolves into the new eeveelution? Or maybe there's an area in the new region that promotes feminity, and one that promotes masculinity... like the Pokemon Musicals and Challenger Rock in Unova?

adamfitz

poké-lover
Well I'm watching the direct, and so far its about luigi.

Hoping to get some new Pokemon :)
Doubting it tho

Corroded Arceus

Shiny Hunter
This seems to hold some merit only because I've seen in a new eeveelution poster thing that now there is an orange "hidden character/letter" along with the pink (bow) one that was revealed to be Sylveon.

I'm intrigued, especially since orange is kind of related to ground types. Got a source?

BM14murph

Master Collector
In Latin Sylve means Forest or Orchard.....but we already have a grass type so it's typing is up in the air for me

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
I don't know about you, but that first move definitely looks like a Fire-type move to me, and there'd be no reason for a Flying-type Eeveelution to be able to use a Fire-type move.

QhN17AD.png

- Sylveon: Syl- prefix means 'together'
- German name derived from German word for fairy
- Ribbons and bows --> Eevee evolving to adapt to a domesticated environment
- Can use Fire-type attacks

Putting these together, I think the most likely thing is Sylveon is a Normal-type Eeveelution which represents the different Eeveelutions and can use attacks of many different types.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Gaaah!!!! Luigi direct o.0

Except the fact it's clearly the only new Eevee, and the promo stuff for it suggest a leader and a togetherness of Eevees.

I bet it's normal. If it's flying, I'll stop posting for awhile.

I'm still not content with either.. -.- It just feels really weird..

for all fairy supporters, according to serebii joe, "@JoeMerrick: @denkimouse German name is Feelinara, Fee being fairy and French it's Nymphali"

still rooting for normal type! it would make everything about this out of place eeveelution make sense.

I don't see why it would make sense.. Eeveelutions evolve into something different then the Normal-type..

General Nonsense

Star Glider
Anyone else really dubious that Sylveon's evolution is gender realted? Considering the only evidence is that it looks feminine, that is very weak evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.